Pages:
Author

Topic: coinjedi / betsofbitco.in SCAMMERS: Declares "Push" on obvious win for BFL bet - page 4. (Read 27982 times)

Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
Dear coinjedi / betsofbitco.in,

There are more similar bets that are possibly not up to your legal standards, having to do with the same topic. Two examples with the highest amount of coins are http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1444 and http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=665 . It would be super cool if you could give us 5 minutes of your time and choose one of the two actions:

1. Refund all the coins to everybody, in case you think that the text in the aforementioned bets is such that the outcome is impossible to decide.

OR

2. Confirm that these bets are decidable.

Thank you in advance,
Jim

Jim has a point.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Dear coinjedi / betsofbitco.in,

There are more similar bets that are possibly not up to your legal standards, having to do with the same topic. Two examples with the highest amount of coins are http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1444 and http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=665 . It would be super cool if you could give us 5 minutes of your time and choose one of the two actions:

1. Refund all the coins to everybody, in case you think that the text in the aforementioned bets is such that the outcome is impossible to decide.

OR

2. Confirm that these bets are decidable.

Thank you in advance,
Jim
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
[Luke won a game of poker on a bluff]

Dragline: Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Luke: Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
He got paid alright. BFL is running a prototype at their warehouse and letting Luke-jr have all the bitcoins generated by it.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

Okay.  So he's a scammer.  At least he didn't go full retard.

Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Luke-Jr you have showed your true colors on this matter, and I hope you were coerced or bribed or something to at least make sense of your actions.  If you did this for free, at Josh's bidding, well that's just a horrible decision.

Greed is a comprehensible, if not admirable motive.  If Luke-Jr did this for free, he is some kind of retard who should be protected from himself.  What an argument for a nanny state!

He got paid alright. BFL is running a prototype at their warehouse and letting Luke-jr have all the bitcoins generated by it.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

So now we have prove that Luke lied to the community because of greed. Disgusting. He should get a scammer tag, but unfortunately we know that theymos will never do this.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Luke-Jr you have showed your true colors on this matter, and I hope you were coerced or bribed or something to at least make sense of your actions.  If you did this for free, at Josh's bidding, well that's just a horrible decision.

Greed is a comprehensible, if not admirable motive.  If Luke-Jr did this for free, he is some kind of retard who should be protected from himself.  What an argument for a nanny state!

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Visit the following http://alphapcbdesigns.com/ and click Testimonies.

It took me several hours, but I was able to narrow down the possibilities.

The reason the search term is shifted to the right is because at first I thought I was only going to crop the map, later opting to crop in the text on the left side of the map.

I love that when you click on the testimonials page you get "click back SOON to read testimonials from satisfied customers".   Does that mean BFL was their first.

Ironically, the same exact page(s) has been up for 7 years now: http://web.archive.org/web/20060824041322/http://www.alphapcbdesigns.com/

And not a single testimonial. Hell, even BFL hasn't given them one. Perhaps that is why BFL contracted them to do their BCPs--all the positive testimonials (and they are Greek). Which begs the question, who came first? Nasser or Vleisides? Nasser claims to bringing onboard Sonny in spite of his background, yet BFL's first facility was owned by Sonny's step dad.

Boys, we've been lied to from Day 1.
Activity: 148
How is it that Luke-Jr ended up going to BFL HQ anyway?

I thought the community elected Kano and Yochdog for the job: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1358390

Anyone know?
BFL gave Luke a hug and in return he helped BFL scamming this bet. Do you really think that would work on anybody but Luke?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
How is it that Luke-Jr ended up going to BFL HQ anyway?

I thought the community elected Kano and Yochdog for the job: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1358390

Anyone know?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Hey Luke-Jr, still believe your own words?

I think they're sore losers who shouldn't be betting if they can't take responsibility for making sure the bet terms satisfy them.
They should be glad it was declared a draw rather than a win for the pre-April side.

after reading what most rational thinkers take from this situation:

This is pretty disgusting in my opinion.

Luke-JR used his standing within the community to boost BFL's status when it needed it most.

Fortunately most of us are smart enough to tell the difference between a rushed engineering sample and a shipped customer product.

In this case it's clear to me that Luke-JR receiving the first public BFL and his subsequent posting to be a calculated decision in an attempt to garner positive marketing around their unreleased product.

I can understand if they wanted to send him one for him to some technical work on the software/firmware to help them with their hashrate for example, but he should not have posted it up knowing full well that it's a pre-release item.

But BFL didn't ship anything! Luke-jr posted a picture taken by Josh at BFL factory. The device never left the factory.

I was not aware of that. If that is true, Luke-JR is basically a fucking scammer.

Does dg2010 sound like an angry bettor that can't take responsibility?   Reads coldly logical to me.  This is the simple summary most users will take away from this thread Luke.  You think the community worked to manipulate that? 

coinjedi & Luke-jr - I highly doubt either of you will reverse yourselves on this matter, but that is the only way to bring closure.  I personally won't stop discouraging bettors from using Betsofbitco.in, linking them to this thread.  Luke-Jr you have showed your true colors on this matter, and I hope you were coerced or bribed or something to at least make sense of your actions.  If you did this for free, at Josh's bidding, well that's just a horrible decision. 

Further more if BFL took advantage of some religious, impressionable coder-kiddie to manipulate a bet that's a new low even for them.
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
But BFL didn't ship anything! Luke-jr posted a picture taken by Josh at BFL factory. The device never left the factory.

I was not aware of that. If that is true, Luke-JR is basically a fucking scammer.

It would appear so, yes. Especially since Josh has admitted to what they did, so it's not a case of their word against everyone's evidence. There's no reasonable doubt on this one.
Activity: 126
ASIC vendors have made no secret of them taking part in bets about them. What Luke-Jr did on BFL's instruction was clearly a ploy to provide betsofbitco.in with implausible deniability for cancelling a bet that BFL employees were about to lose. Paying coinjedi a fraction of the value of the bet, in order to recoup most of it, makes economic sense if you make the assumption that everybody is some sort of Game of Thrones level backstabbing objectivist robber baron without any honor or shame.

A Bitcoiner Never Pays his Bets.
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha

Luke-JR used his standing within the community to boost BFL's status when it needed it most.

Fortunately most of us are smart enough to tell the difference between a rushed engineering sample and a shipped customer product.

In this case it's clear to me that Luke-JR receiving the first public BFL and his subsequent posting to be a calculated decision in an attempt to garner positive marketing around their unreleased product.

I can understand if they wanted to send him one for him to some technical work on the software/firmware to help them with their hashrate for example, but he should not have posted it up knowing full well that it's a pre-release item.

Yes.

What they did was despicable on so many levels.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
The more you know:

If you take the first 2 characters from "Inaba", characters 2+3 from "Usagi", and characters 3+4 from Luke, it almost spells "insane".

So, no, you shouldn't have them do things together. It would be almost insane.

This new analytical approach to analism amazes me, good sir Greyhawk.

Tell me again about how Maasdam cheese rinds can be used to predict the drops in precious metal markets.

I can't. I've got a restraining order against me. Apparently the method is too similar to the production of an extremely potent bioweapon.
Pages:
Jump to: