Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinLenders, Inputs.io, Tradefortress (HACK) - page 15. (Read 39684 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
mxisaac:1.50021415:0:U

EDIT:  Coinlenders
Activity: 58
TF, you have a great brand and innovative products.

Just an idea. Maybe an investor with  $1 million+ dollars could turn this situation around.  I'd like to see all this succeed--call me crazy but II/CL is still salvageable.

^ This. CL was a great concept with a growing lender base, a successful track record at making BTC loans profitable for itself and its depositors. That is a fact that cannot be denied and it would be a real shame if TF did not capitalize on that fact, which is really his most valuable asset (after our BTC, of course!).

If he was smart he'd be out there working every single connection he could to find a few large investors so as to rectify the situation and then turn this crappy event into killer marketing. I can tell you personally that if I got 100% of my BTC refunded (or at least a binding promise to refund 100% of my principal in a year while still earning interest on it) and CL overhauled their security (a third-party security audit would go the distance to prove that fact to me) then I'd happily keep all my current deposit - and likely increase it by 200-300% right away.

You listening, TF and all you bitcoin millionaires out there? Damn where are the Winklevoss bros when you need them... they need to join bitcointalk.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I can't afford to double down on my deposit, but i don't really feel the need to withdraw it.  I just want to make sure I have access to it when it's needed.  If TF could come up with some way to keep the service alive, I'd be happy to leave my deposit in place. 
Activity: 16

(1) Persons shall be delivered up according to the provisions of this Treaty for any of the following offences provided these offences are punishable by the laws of both Contracting Parties by a term of imprisonment exceeding one year or by death:
14. Embezzlement.
19. Fraud by an agent, bailee, banker, factor or trustee, by a director or officer of a company or by a promoter of a company, whether existing or not.
(5) If extradition is requested for any offence mentioned in a preceding paragraph of this Article and that offence is punishable under the laws of both Contracting Parties by a term of imprisonment exceeding one year or by death, that offence shall be extraditable under the provisions of this Treaty whether or not the laws of both Contracting Parties would place that offence within the same category of offences made extraditable by that preceding paragraph of this Article and whether or not the laws of the requested State denominate the offence by the same terminology.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_reg/esoar465/sch1.html

I'm really looking forward to how you plan to do everything you can to make your users whole, TradeFortress! There are many of us that would like to participate in that discussion.
[/quote]

Quote from: TomJeff on November 13, 2013, 04:55:54 AM

Just an idea. Maybe an investor with  $1 million+ dollars could turn this situation around.  I'd like to see all this succeed--call me crazy but II/CL is still salvageable.

^ This. CL was a great concept with a growing lender base, a successful track record at making BTC loans profitable for itself and its depositors. That is a fact that cannot be denied and it would be a real shame if TF did not capitalize on that fact, which is really his most valuable asset (after our BTC, of course!).

If he was smart he'd be out there working every single connection he could to find a few large investors so as to rectify the situation and then turn this crappy event into killer marketing. I can tell you personally that if I got 100% of my BTC refunded (or at least a binding promise to refund 100% of my principal in a year while still earning interest on it) and CL overhauled their security (a third-party security audit would go the distance to prove that fact to me) then I'd happily keep all my current deposit - and likely increase it by 200-300% right away.

TradeFortress, I hope you have been following the many positive and supportive suggestions in response to my post yesterday.  We want to help.  We recognize the value you have created, and that the comments indicate it can and should be saved.

Everyday that you ignore our thoughts is damaging to your business, and as quoted above--your individual freedom.  I implore you to reach out to us, and the community as a whole and tell us what you need to make us whole.  I placed hundreds of coins in a "secure" wallet.  Using some kind of 'sliding scale' so that you can use large coin balances to pay small balances is not going help you in any way if this gets legal. 

Please tell us how we can help you make us whole.  (Yes, I expect all my coins back!!!!!)
Further ideas include:
  • A disclosure of CoinLenders profits, so that interest payments can be applied to losses. Note that svereal Coinlenders have indicated they will stay onboard if you will consider this.
  • Seeking out investor(s).  Maybe too late for crowdfunding, but if you could allow yourself to give up a majority stake, I believe the businesses would grow and you as a minority owner would gain the experience that you need at this point in your otherwise brilliant young career.
  • Try a "Its Wonderful Life" approach.  Ask us to keep our coins in, but give us a percentage now for our sanity.  This would again require disclosure!!!
We get most of our coins back, but you make us shareholders.  You may find that most of would leave coins in.  I would.  Disclosure required.[/li]
[/list]
TF, Bottom line is that you have run out of time.  There was GOODWILL form us--you saw it on the posts, and did nothing to take advantage of it. 
You are in a really tough bind--But you do not need to destroy this.  Please write back to us.  I believe we can help you.

Thank you Dumbfruit.

Sincerely
TomJeff

Activity: 433
Merit: 263
Anyway - think DumbFruit is trying to keep this thread clean so it's less work.
That has failed miserably. I'm going to update the thread later today, and probably remove a few posts. Don't really have time right now.

(1) Persons shall be delivered up according to the provisions of this Treaty for any of the following offences provided these offences are punishable by the laws of both Contracting Parties by a term of imprisonment exceeding one year or by death:
14. Embezzlement.
19. Fraud by an agent, bailee, banker, factor or trustee, by a director or officer of a company or by a promoter of a company, whether existing or not.
(5) If extradition is requested for any offence mentioned in a preceding paragraph of this Article and that offence is punishable under the laws of both Contracting Parties by a term of imprisonment exceeding one year or by death, that offence shall be extraditable under the provisions of this Treaty whether or not the laws of both Contracting Parties would place that offence within the same category of offences made extraditable by that preceding paragraph of this Article and whether or not the laws of the requested State denominate the offence by the same terminology.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_reg/esoar465/sch1.html

I'm really looking forward to how you plan to do everything you can to make your users whole, TradeFortress! There are many of us that would like to participate in that discussion.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Nowhere else people can turn for bitcoin deposits, so yea he can either continue the service .... or run from it. The later would seem foolish.

Anyway - think DumbFruit is trying to keep this thread clean so it's less work.

Activity: 56

You listening, TF and all you bitcoin millionaires out there? Damn where are the Winklevoss bros when you need them... they need to join bitcointalk.
Activity: 27
Well it seems TF is trying to wrangle his debtors. Found this in the btcquick thread.

Please don't ignore communication on debts.
Activity: 58
DumbFruit, please add me to the account listing.  Note, I'm not sure what "Verified" or "Unverified" means in this context, so I'll assume I'm Unverified.  

CoinLenders - expodryerase:18.51941806:0:U

EDIT: CoinLenders
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
All CL users with a balance (in the form of CDs, balances, withdrawals, to Inputs that weren't credited) will receive an email update within a week.

Update != Liquidation Procedure != Return your $$
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

I agree, that and TF apparently being a very early adopter of BTC, it really seems totally unnecessary to scam people; I'd be very disappointed.
Not TF, just a guy who recognizes he trusted to much of his investment in one place and is now hoping to get as much as possible back.

At the same time, I feel my future is resting on this given I did invest more than I should have. We were promised an update this week. It is only Wednesday, but still, it is a long time to wait. I hope you get this sorted soon, TF. We are all on tenterhooks.

Just my 2 cents and that's all this is probably worth.

So far, TF has been cryptic, but do would I be until I knew how to handle the situation. If he made a promise, or seemed to, and couldn't follow through, the attacks on him would be vicious. That might make it harder for him to resolve this. I take heart in the fact that he has been paying back inputs depositors ( and a little less heart that we are seeing inputs depositors who haven't seen anything back yet.) He is also reachable, answering some emails and posting in this thread. He has apologized, admitted (severe) error, and answered questions.

It should also be noted that although the amount stolen was large, I'm sure not even a small fraction of inputs or CL users have posted here. It does seem like the inputs users took a nasty haircut.

If I were TF, I would also be handling inputs and CL separately. Theoretically most of the CL balances should have been lent out in loans. So as those loans come back, funds should become free to pay back depositors. No idea what percent o f deposits of loans were lent out, what percent were in the hot wallet, etc. The reason it is taking time to get back to us is it is taking time for him to work how how to manage the liquidation.  

One thing that does worry me is that the hackers could have been watching TF's hot wallet and struck when it was particularly fat. Nevertheless, I am assuming the there are enough loans out to ensure that we'll be getting a good return.

From what I can see, TF has been trying to act honorably in a bad situation. I am personally antsy as hell since I had too much invested for my own good. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to hear good news from TF soon.

Nice try TF, can you go back to your account now ?
Just my 2 cents and that's all this is probably worth.

So far, TF has been cryptic, but do would I be until I knew how to handle the situation. If he made a promise, or seemed to, and couldn't follow through, the attacks on him would be vicious. That might make it harder for him to resolve this. I take heart in the fact that he has been paying back inputs depositors ( and a little less heart that we are seeing inputs depositors who haven't seen anything back yet.) He is also reachable, answering some emails and posting in this thread. He has apologized, admitted (severe) error, and answered questions.

It should also be noted that although the amount stolen was large, I'm sure not even a small fraction of inputs or CL users have posted here. It does seem like the inputs users took a nasty haircut.

If I were TF, I would also be handling inputs and CL separately. Theoretically most of the CL balances should have been lent out in loans. So as those loans come back, funds should become free to pay back depositors. No idea what percent o f deposits of loans were lent out, what percent were in the hot wallet, etc. The reason it is taking time to get back to us is it is taking time for him to work how how to manage the liquidation. 

One thing that does worry me is that the hackers could have been watching TF's hot wallet and struck when it was particularly fat. Nevertheless, I am assuming the there are enough loans out to ensure that we'll be getting a good return.

From what I can see, TF has been trying to act honorably in a bad situation. I am personally antsy as hell since I had too much invested for my own good. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to hear good news from TF soon.
Activity: 1
Inputs.io
Miles:40:0:U
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
The current tallies suggest the amount stored at inputs.io was a pittance compared to coinlenders.  If TF couldn't afford to fully reimburse the inputs accounts it bodes ill for prospects at coinlenders.
this has been my feeling. TF has not been forthcoming at all about this, and everything points to bad, bad things.
Activity: 13
Coinlenders

goodtimes73: 28.58: 0: U
Activity: 5
CoinLenders:

wheelerscw2000:2.56224724:0:U
Activity: 16

Activity: 49
Coinlenders Dorpsgek:3.66741301:0:U
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I just put all the data into an excel spreadsheet. (Should have done that from the outset.)
Precisely 20 bitcoins have been reimbursed to Inputs.io users, according to the limited data that was given to me. Which means nothing, but I was surprised.

Nearly 900 BTC has been distributed to Inputs users. This can be verified by looking at the 1GLados address.

Yes but unfortunately the coinlender deposits are much more than that.

And ofcourse nobody of the 900 BTC Receiver reported here  Roll Eyes
well i received .07 ..... that only leaves nearly 900 btc.
Activity: 52
I just put all the data into an excel spreadsheet. (Should have done that from the outset.)
Precisely 20 bitcoins have been reimbursed to Inputs.io users, according to the limited data that was given to me. Which means nothing, but I was surprised.

Nearly 900 BTC has been distributed to Inputs users. This can be verified by looking at the 1GLados address.

Yes but unfortunately the coinlender deposits are much more than that.

And ofcourse nobody of the 900 BTC Receiver reported here  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: