Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinLenders, Inputs.io, Tradefortress (HACK) - page 17. (Read 39684 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I just noticed that windywinter claims to have gotten 100% refund of his CL balance on november 7th.
I got curious to why he got a refund when no one else to my knowledge has.

Now, there are a few things that might explain this.
- Maybe windywinter mistook/mistyped CL balance with inputs.io balance or something.
- He's close friend with TF.
- He requested the refund early enough, before TF had realized that he just could not refund everyone who requests it.

So, windywinter, if you don't mind answering my questions, it would be great!

1) Can you confirm that you actually mean CL balance, and not inputs.io balance?
2) Are you close friend with TF or do you have any other reason to get "special treatment"?
3) You made the post on Nov. 7th, which still was quite early in this whole process, when did TF send the transaction?

I just got my full balance in CL out (over 20 BTC). Although transaction hasn't been confirmed yet, I now declare that TF has earned my full trust.
A PM is sent to windywinter requesting him to have a look on this post.

1) CL balance.
2) No. I believe I had zero communication with windywinter prior to this.
3) The payment was made before it was decided to delay withdrawals instead of using limited funds to do first come first serve.

Well. It took me half an hour to write my previous post and in the mean time TF posted another post, so I think I'll have to add something more.

Actually I have contacted TF once before this incident. At that time inputs.io was suffering DDoS and one of my withdraw from CL got missing.
Activity: 33
I just noticed that windywinter claims to have gotten 100% refund of his CL balance on november 7th.

- Maybe windywinter mistook/mistyped CL balance with inputs.io balance or something.
- He requested the refund early enough, before TF had realized that he just could not refund everyone who requests it.

1) Can you confirm that you actually mean CL balance, and not inputs.io balance?
2) Are you close friend with TF or do you have any other reason to get "special treatment"?
3) You made the post on Nov. 7th, which still was quite early in this whole process, when did TF send the transaction?

I just got my full balance in CL out (over 20 BTC). Although transaction hasn't been confirmed yet, I now declare that TF has earned my full trust.

I was a little busy during the recent 3 days so I stopped following the news regarding to CL. And I'm not a native English speaker so I'll skip everything in this thread and jump directly to answer these questions addressed to me. If there were anything else I should know please brief me later and I'll happy to add my opinion.

1. Yes, I mean CL balance. I do not use inputs.io except for deposit and withdraws on CL.
2. I think I haven't got the right to regard myself as a friend of TF's. Actually, I know little about TF except that he was active on this forum and a lot of people trusted him. I even do not know his nationality before this incident.  If there were any reasons for me to get a "special treatment", I believe they are beyond my knowledge.
3. TF sent the transaction (a0f289b2e8b2d2f255aef460f5e77459c4f75dbba03db213f1f0ead0e8ce1c3d) on Nov. 7th and it got confirmed 2 days later.

Actually, there is a little more details I'd like to add. I got 26.04301688 BTC at the moment I sent the request and 2 withdraws of 1 BTC and 0.5 BTC which never show up in inputs.io account. TF sent me 27.54 BTC and I took it as "full amount". TF sent the transaction on Nov. 7th, however, because he sent some other transactions that day without fees and those transactions' output were used as inputs for this transaction, this transaction stayed unconfirmed for a long time, which is enough for blockchain.info to delete it from their database. So TF sent another transaction of 26.04301688 BTC on Nov. 9th. When I asked about the 2 missing withdraws, TF said those coins would come back to my CL account in the coming days with the CL update. I think this means that CL will restore to normal and continue to operate.

Well, the end of my story is that those unconfirmed inputs of the first transaction (27.54 BTC) got confirmed first and caused a double spending on the 2nd transaction (26.04301688 BTC), and the first transaction got confirmed a short while later. So I got 27.54 BTC in the end, which I still regard as "full amount".

If there's anything more you would like to know, please send a PM. I'll still be a little busy in the coming few days but I'll find the time to answer them.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻

1) CL balance.
2) No. I believe I had zero communication with windywinter prior to this.
3) The payment was made before it was decided to delay withdrawals instead of using limited funds to do first come first serve.
Activity: 16
Update from TomJeff.  Its been almost 3 days since I wrote [email protected]. (This was not a CL acct)
As you know I had a very large amount (440btc) . 
I have not received any refund as of now.  It seems that almost all other inputs accounts have been satistified.
If anyone has any other contacts or information, please let me know. 
Thank you.
J
Activity: 330
Merit: 250

Activity: 10
Hey,
I just got registered to write about this topic.
There are about 300 coins sitting in my coinlenders account. I worked very hard for this and these are not only my own coins. This is sad and frustrating and this is a hard time for all of us.
I am just shocked and don't know what to do next.

Inputs was supposed to be so "secure" and still I never choosed to use it. And now we on cl might need to feel the pain of what happened.

I really hope for the best. And did not give up the hope and faith in this working out for the best in the end.

Also I think a sliding scale is not fair if that should be the fact in cl as well. Some people only put a small part of what they have in there. Others put ALL they have in there. There should be the full Pricipal or the same % for everyone be refunded.

Another thing is. Does anybody know how many actual inputs users there were? The numbers here do not measure up at all. So I guess there were many more using it and haveing a small balance in there.

And if cl really had xx,xxx btc running it should not be too much of a loss for each individual account if splitted up.

For the update TF said in about a week I think, which does not mean on monday, or am I missing something. So the e mail update is still in time..?!

Thank you so much for putting this together..I still don't know what to think and say to all what is just happening .. Sad
Activity: 433
Merit: 263
Inputs.io
TomJeff: 440 :0 :U

Updated up to here, and I'm going to delete Scammer's offer to buy the debt because it cannot be done securely at this time. (And lets face it, he's probably a scammer.)

Lastly, I don't want to play Thread Nazi, but please keep anything not directly related to relaying pertinent information to a bare minimum. I'm obviously sympathetic to the situation, but it makes it harder for me to update the thread.

Thanks.
Does anybody have a good idea to raise some funds? Is it crazy for us if we ask other online wallets, trading sites, or organizations (coinbase, blockchain.info, mtgox, bitcoin foudation, coindesk, bitcoin magazine...) to sponsor this project somehow in order to get some good publicity and unlink the name of bitcoin with scammers and hackers?  As I said somewhere before, I´m not an expert. Sorry if I´m saying something stupid but I just can´t keep myself silent after this catastrophe... I just don´t want to imagine a scenario in which some people received partial refunds, others none, and at the end, everything is forgotten... until the next big rob happens.

We can´t keep ourselves silent!

Hopefully we all learned the lesson here... some of us cheaply, and some at an extremely dire price: Be wary of every and all third parties when dealing with BTC, online wallets are just looking for trouble and zero liability is asking for even more trouble.  Embarrassed But yes, at this stage, an incident like this must not remain forgotten, especially if we want Bitcoin to be widely adopted. It was not okay in the MyBitcoin days, and it's certainly worse today.

Anyway, let's stick to the topic.

Hear, Hear,
Obviously I may be too unwary when it comes to wallets but look at the great press TF got from CoinDesk.  He displayed a Biticoin Foundation SILVER logo on Inputs homepage.  There were many great posts about thst service here.
I agree that there are far too many scams and hacks and this community and it is holding Bitcoin back.  I for one have changed my attitude about Bitcoin since this incident. Some one earlier mentioned a certification service--no, not government intervention, but a way we can evaluate server configs, and ownerships.

This is late 2013.  Too late IMO for a careless hack of this magnitude to occur.
And lastly, yes, I am asking for donations to the OP above.  Please help. 
We can't let this go unadressed.  I had put too many coins (because honestly I did not know better) for less that two weeks. And that was just enough to lose them.

So that said, I will offer my help in addressing this service legitimacy issue.  I was looking to get inmore involved and this might as well the way.

This may be completely out of place, but please pray for me, as I am for all you.  I wish you the best.  Bitcoin has so much promise and does not deserve this evil.
J
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Yes you just send him a refund request to [email protected] using the same email address that you registered with at Inputs.io and give him a wallet address to receive your coins and they will appear in your wallet a day or 2 later. He did not send an email back. I guess that in your case the amount is so large that he needed an ID to confirm.
I am finally out of newbie land.

Inputs.io
TomJeff: 440 :0 :U   (yes that is 440 btc)!

That's a big amount to give to a stranger.
The following is so true.  I thought I had done research, tested the waters, and so on.

This system is obviously far from perfect at the current time. For one, as it is nascent there exists the incentive to follow short term goals : build an identity up to whatever value, then strip it by taking the money and splitting. This has happened so far numerous times, and from a certain perspective it may seem the main economic activity surrounding Bitcoin at the moment, greatly compounded by the yet inept identity-valuation methods used by participants, their unwarranted self confidence (everyone thinks they’re a great judge of men, and everyone thinks their particular assumptions are both correct and warranted), their imbecillic pride manifested in the stupidest way it could, ie trying to keep “things” under wraps and all the rest of typically human failure. For the other, as it is nascent very little is in fact understood or generally known about it, and so gross mistakes happen quite cavalierly.7 -Mircea Popescu

Details so far-  A day after I sent my claim email to support, I got a reply that my email probably was perhaps a fraudulent request; so could I send a Gvt ID.  OK so I sent my Drivers license a few days ago.  Haven't heard a peep since.  So I dont know what to make of that.

I'm hanging in there.  Its difficult for me lose so much.  It just sounded like such a great, secure service.

Thank you putting this list together.  every bit I can recover means a great deal to me.
J

Yes that is a very large amount to store in an online wallet. Most of the large accounts were kept at Coinlenders where they could (theoretically) earn interest.
The "sliding scale" is going to kill you. I currently have the largest amount listed at Inputs.io at 20.795btc (although I am sure there were larger balances) and I only got back 41.3% so you will probably get back substantially less than 180btc.
On the other hand we don't know what % reimbursement we are getting at Coinlenders so whatever you get back might be the better deal...

Are you saying you actually get a reimbursement?  I'm not hearing anything. If he at least wrote to me and said, "here is what you are getting", well at least I would feel like I'm  NOT going to be scammed out of everything.

I'm still learning about wallets... This is very very hard lesson for me. How did you learn that he had given you your 41.3%.
Thank you so much for sharing. I am having a difficult time right now.
J
Activity: 322
I AM A DRAGON
Update,
It appears he refilled the cl balance
Quote from: TradeFortress on November 08, 2013, 10:05:12 AM
Quote from: InwardContour on November 08, 2013, 12:37:53 AM
this is what i thought from the beginning. it was clear that some funds were still able to be moved out of inputs.io for quite some time after "the hack." TF continuing to accept deposits while letting others (and himself) cash out, and this goes on for weeks until the pyramid collapses? TF deserves a scammer tag unquestionably.
No. I haven't moved coins out of Inputs personally. The coins I did "move out" are (i) routine signature ad payments, (ii) wallet refill of coinchat/coinlenders, (iii) CL associated payments and (iv) coins moved to reduce hot pocket amount that are now being used to repay users.

Everyone who was aware of the hack previous to the public announcement were not Inputs users.
coinlenders might get there balance
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

Inputs.io
TomJeff: 440 :0 :U   (yes that is 440 btc)!

The following is so true.  I thought I had done research, tested the waters, and so on.

This system is obviously far from perfect at the current time. For one, as it is nascent there exists the incentive to follow short term goals : build an identity up to whatever value, then strip it by taking the money and splitting. This has happened so far numerous times, and from a certain perspective it may seem the main economic activity surrounding Bitcoin at the moment, greatly compounded by the yet inept identity-valuation methods used by participants, their unwarranted self confidence (everyone thinks they’re a great judge of men, and everyone thinks their particular assumptions are both correct and warranted), their imbecillic pride manifested in the stupidest way it could, ie trying to keep “things” under wraps and all the rest of typically human failure. For the other, as it is nascent very little is in fact understood or generally known about it, and so gross mistakes happen quite cavalierly.7 -Mircea Popescu

Details so far-  A day after I sent my claim email to support, I got a reply that my email probably was perhaps a fraudulent request; so could I send a Gvt ID.  OK so I sent my Drivers license a few days ago.  Haven't heard a peep since.  So I dont know what to make of that.

I'm hanging in there.  Its difficult for me lose so much.  It just sounded like such a great, secure service.

Thank you putting this list together.  every bit I can recover means a great deal to me.
J

Yes that is a very large amount to store in an online wallet. Most of the large accounts were kept at Coinlenders where they could (theoretically) earn interest.
The "sliding scale" is going to kill you. I currently have the largest amount listed at Inputs.io at 20.795btc (although I am sure there were larger balances) and I only got back 41.3% so you will probably get back substantially less than 180btc.
On the other hand we don't know what % reimbursement we are getting at Coinlenders so whatever you get back might be the better deal...

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Wow, this looks truly awful. Has TradeFortress updated everyone regarding the status of Coinlenders funds, repayment, etc? It seems like a real one-sided show here....

Inputs.io
TomJeff: 440 :0 :U   (yes that is 440 btc)!

The following is so true.  I thought I had done research, tested the waters, and so on.

Details so far-  A day after I sent my claim email to support, I got a reply that my email probably was perhaps a fraudulent request; so could I send a Gvt ID.  OK so I sent my Drivers license a few days ago.  Haven't heard a peep since.  So I dont know what to make of that.

I'm hanging in there.  Its difficult for me lose so much.  It just sounded like such a great, secure service.

Thank you putting this list together.  every bit I can recover means a great deal to me.
J

Activity: 204
Merit: 100
We at BitcoinGrwoth are buying CL balance for 90% in btc paid instantly

pm me for details

OK. You go first !
Activity: 17
CoinLenders
misterwiser:4.00660825:0:U

input.io
misterwiser:0.03079955:0:U
Activity: 336
Interest payments are about -1BTC compared to what was displayed. But that is no longer an issue.

Let's see what is next. liquidating assets slowly is pretty obvious I guess.
Activity: 6
its a bug, contact TF

All fixed now, I have 1.03 balance
Activity: 56
I see it now. Thanks a ton. I love bitcointalk.

Hopefully I (and all here) will hear soon how much of our final balances will be returned to depositors and how exactly we can withdraw our coin. Any ETA On that?

lonestar108:5.44986999:0:U

Thanks a ton for doing all this.

edit:

I also lost 2BTC which I attempted to transfer to inputs.io right before the hack became apparent - I transferred the 2BTC, which shows as a withdrawal in my coinlenders account, but which never showed as a deposit in my inputs.io account. So the total is really 7.44986999.  Thanks again for all your time and effort on this.

That should have been solved now, check your account again.

* Borrowers don't have an obligation to repay ASAP, however I'm working to allow the best actions to be taken given the situation.
* Dumping all assets asap isn't a smart idea, there's not enough liquidity for it except for deposits like JD.
* All failed withdrawals should have been re-credited back to your account.
* All CDs have been terminated with the fee rebates paid as of today.
* Please wait for an email update. You don't need to email me, any CL user with a balance will receive a mass email.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
its a bug, contact TF
Pages:
Jump to: