Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinLenders, Inputs.io, Tradefortress (HACK) - page 5. (Read 39680 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
I got 14.9353 back of my 150.42268196 CL balance (10%). I consider this a minimal down payment and that he still owes me the other 90% plus the remaining balance due on my Inputs account. It is not up to him to decide how much he owes us. It is up to a civil court to decide that.

TF still owes you 90% balance?
darn, karma is looking for him.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
something I could never figure out about the coin lenders model, was when you get a bitcoin evaluation event, as we have seen recently from 150 - 700 or about that , how would a person who has taken out a loan cover that (except in mining, and we all know how that always works out), as in any other asset/investment class its going to be hard to pay the loan rate plus 400%. The maths of this just does not add up, yet alone a person would ever even believe they could pay this back. I raised this issue with TF before all of this went down. Essentially you need a re-insurer with coins to back your coins

From the Coinlenders site:

Quote from: CoinLenders.com
Currency Risk
We only touch bitcoins. We don't generally invest in USD, and when we issue loans we look at people or businesses who would be least affected by exchange rate movements. For example, a trader who sells BTC for fiat and converts it back to BTC rapidly is better than someone who needs funds to fund a carpentery project. As such, CoinLenders is not subject to currency risk. This is essential in such a volatile currency.

Welp, so much for that.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
something I could never figure out about the coin lenders model, was when you get a bitcoin evaluation event, as we have seen recently from 150 - 700 or about that , how would a person who has taken out a loan cover that (except in mining, and we all know how that always works out), as in any other asset/investment class its going to be hard to pay the loan rate plus 400%. The maths of this just does not add up, yet alone a person would ever even believe they could pay this back. I raised this issue with TF before all of this went down. Essentially you need a re-insurer with coins to back your coins
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
TTagoo:7.64:0:U

Thank you.
Activity: 9
Who does still have coins in cl and is willing to do something about it?
I have about 300 in there. Where are the other ones with many coins? ..Lets work together! I already got some information.
PM me

Hi shangata, mentioned you here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341871.0;all

I've 494.83919957 BTC in Coinlenders (2 accounts) & 77.5 BTC for 250 shares of BTCInvest.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Done!

I am asking ALL REMAINING depositors to either PM me or post your remaining balance here -
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3662042
If your balance was NOT listed on the dumbfruit thread, please let me know,
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
CoinLenders
heretik:2.2776:0:U
(with interest)

I also have a few coins in BTCInvest, not sure how this is going.
Small but still going on the spreadsheet.
Activity: 6
inputs.io
Arcorann:0.00604688:0:U

Pretty obvious my holding's too small for anyone to care.
Why do you need updating wheelerscw2000.... your numbers look the same..

I am asking ALL REMAINING depositors to either PM me or post your remaining balance here -
Activity: 5
Update Me:
wheelerscw2000:2.56224724:0:U
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Update me.
efc17:2.96594563:0.3647:U

BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
I very nearly settled, for no other reason than pure desperation.

Exactly. He knows he has most of your over a barrel and you'd settle just to get access to some of your funds.

Unfortunately, what he is doing is criminal.

I very nearly settled, for no other reason than pure desperation. He knows how bad my personal situation is and to put such a low % on offer. It makes me angry. As I have said in the past, I would rather renegotiate in person than take on that kind of loss.

Activity: 172
Merit: 100
TradeFortress has to pay his debitors
This is what TF offered me.

If you accept, please respond with "I accept $22,122.99 USD as full settlement of my CoinLenders balance, with payment made via BTC to the address [your BTC address] using the latest MtGox ask at the time the payment is sent, or $750 USD, whichever is greater. When the payment is made to my specified Bitcoin address, I release and waive any claims with regard to, and hold CoinLenders harmless from and against any and all claims of any kind that are or could be asserted with my use of the service."

I answered this:

I´m sorry, Tradefortress. I cannot accept this settlement you propose now. Nevertheless I´m willing to propose a different arrangement.

Let me withdraw in the next few days the equivalent of 7000 € from my CL account. I´ll use coinbase and bitcoin.de to get the money and I´ll send you the documentation which probes I will get no more than those 7000€.

After that I will not reclaim the remaining amount of my ~226 BTC before may or june of 2014. That will give you some extra time and money free of interest, but finally at some point I´ll need my full account back.
Please, let me know your oppinion about this.
20ish % - Well, better than minus 2%

Activity: 181
FYI, I just recieved 30.9277 BTC (my account balance is 147.46497819) from TF.
He used arbitrarily chosen price of $750 (price at MtGox at the time of payment: $690).
Activity: 163
Luk, soy tu padreeee
I received a offer of ~4% of my deposit.

I have no words...

Embarrassed
How many people already accepted the "fiat settlement"?

If you accepted this deal please report that to DumbFruit so he can write that to the first post. We need to know how many coins were written off.

DumbFruit is going on to bigger and better things, good luck to you sir!

Sorry for getting you to restate your balance but it's the only way we can be sure who is still in, many people who have settled have closed this horrible chapter in their life and wont be coming back here to talk about it.
Activity: 10
Who does still have coins in cl and is willing to do something about it?
I have about 300 in there. Where are the other ones with many coins? ..Lets work together! I already got some information.
PM me
Pages:
Jump to: