Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinLenders, Inputs.io, Tradefortress (HACK) - page 6. (Read 39680 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I settled for ~0.5 BTC of my ~3 BTC balance. Initially he miscalculated my withdrawals and I had to ask him to recalculate.

I don't think he is a scammer, but he is inexperienced and somewhat unprofessional (look at some of his earlier posts here, wish I had read them first before investing in CL).

What have we learned here?

Reputation is everything! Do your due diligence before investing or using any Bitcoin services.

Good luck to anyone else trying to get a partial refund from CL...
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
Hey,
I just got registered to write about this topic.
There are about 300 coins sitting in my coinlenders account. I worked very hard for this and these are not only my own coins. This is sad and frustrating and this is a hard time for all of us.
I am just shocked and don't know what to do next.

Inputs was supposed to be so "secure" and still I never choosed to use it. And now we on cl might need to feel the pain of what happened.

I really hope for the best. And did not give up the hope and faith in this working out for the best in the end.

Also I think a sliding scale is not fair if that should be the fact in cl as well. Some people only put a small part of what they have in there. Others put ALL they have in there. There should be the full Pricipal or the same % for everyone be refunded.

Another thing is. Does anybody know how many actual inputs users there were? The numbers here do not measure up at all. So I guess there were many more using it and haveing a small balance in there.

And if cl really had xx,xxx btc running it should not be too much of a loss for each individual account if splitted up.

For the update TF said in about a week I think, which does not mean on monday, or am I missing something. So the e mail update is still in time..?!

Thank you so much for putting this together..I still don't know what to think and say to all what is just happening .. Sad

I feel the same way. It took me a long time to earn the 76 BTC in the CL balance.
Feeling really sad now.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
So without further ado, I wont be coming back to these forums ...

Dank is saying the same thing.  Coincidence...or something more...?

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004
I have to figure out how I'm going to earn 700btc without blowing a ton of guys, and I need to cut out all the distractions. I'm not going to let some random hacker and a ~19 year old kid fuck my life over.

There are several big business opportunities that are barely being tapped.

So without further ado, I wont be coming back to these forums (Well until I have something valuable to offer, and it would be under a different name.). If you want to copy my OP and continue on with it, by all means, go for it. I pretty much dead weight around here now anyway.

I wish you all the best! So long and thanks for all the fish!

Edit: Had to come back to remove the donation address. There was only one "donation", and that's what I put there to test the watching wallet...

Thanks ChaosFox!

Stay in touch and good luck.
legendary
Activity: 2114
I have to figure out how I'm going to earn 700btc without blowing a ton of guys, and I need to cut out all the distractions. I'm not going to let some random hacker and a ~19 year old kid fuck my life over.

So without further ado, I wont be coming back to these forums (Well until I have something valuable to offer, and it would be under a different name.). If you want to copy my OP and continue on with it, by all means, go for it. I pretty much dead weight around here now anyway.

Edit: Had to come back to remove the donation address. There was only one "donation", and that's what I put there to test the watching wallet...

Thanks ChaosFox!

All the best. Do buzz me if you intend to open some Bitcoin related company in Asia side.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

Best of luck in all your future endeavors, DumbFruit. I can understand that very well.
Activity: 433
Merit: 254

Thanks ChaosFox!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I have decided to settle for 0.26128, which comes to a 86.78% haircut. So I got screwed even though I was a small investor. I didn't want to, but unforeseen expenses have made me swallow my pride too and even that pittance of a settlement will go a long way for me.

Even if he got hacked (And that's a big if), the way he's handled all of this has been far less than honorable and reeks of greed. Unfortunately, my loss wasn't large enough to justify being part of a lawsuit,  and since I'm currently not living in the US, it would have just been far more trouble than what it was worth. If there will be any funds collection for legal procedures, you can count on me to at least support that to the best of my possibilities, if I can personally trust the person who ends up in charge.

TF, 不要臉的東西.

at least we got something back from a DEMO software application

It doesn't matter what he called it.  It operated as a bank and failed due to fraud and/or negligence.

but to any lawsuit that could come; he's paying back people in the USD amount they deposited...HAHA perfect Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
I have decided to settle for 0.26128, which comes to a 86.78% haircut. So I got screwed even though I was a small investor. I didn't want to, but unforeseen expenses have made me swallow my pride too and even that pittance of a settlement will go a long way for me.

Even if he got hacked (And that's a big if), the way he's handled all of this has been far less than honorable and reeks of greed. Unfortunately, my loss wasn't large enough to justify being part of a lawsuit,  and since I'm currently not living in the US, it would have just been far more trouble than what it was worth. If there will be any funds collection for legal procedures, you can count on me to at least support that to the best of my possibilities, if I can personally trust the person who ends up in charge.

TF, 不要臉的東西.

It doesn't matter what he called it.  It operated as a bank and failed due to fraud and/or negligence.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

TF, 不要臉的東西.

Activity: 172
TradeFortress has to pay his debitors
TF, you promised the coinlenders´ problem was going to be handled soon.

Giving some people 10% of their funds is not the way to do that.

Inform us about you plans ASAP!

And by the way, I tried to purchase a CD and the value did not add to my account after it ended.
Activity: 178
Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

TF, 不要臉的東西.
...because not accepting the money probably won't go anywhere helpful.

I just cannot lower myself to the point of negotiating with someone who stole from me for my own property back.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
How many people already accepted the "fiat settlement"?

If you accepted this deal please report that to DumbFruit so he can write that to the first post. We need to know how many coins were written off.

According to TF, here was my offer "Balance remaining in USD: $-569.69"

I've essentially been paid back a nice "fuck you" by his absurd math.  He can't even have the decency to just say I get zero back.  He thinks since I made gains off of bitcoin price rise of previous deposits (while he was loaning it out) which I had completely withdrawn to a zero balance , that my current balance is somehow negative in US dollars.  

Anyone that can get anything from him, best of luck to you.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh.  Seems like a real piece of work, that TF guy...

Feel for anyone who lost money with his scam.  He definitely made out like a bandit Sad
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
BCB--

Liver punchin' was a joke to lighten your serious tone.  Every account on here isn't Trade Fortress in a mask.

Just wanted to add more scope to the defraudin'.  I'm thinkin' I might just accept the money. Because not accepting the money probably won't go anywhere helpful.  Worst case scenario, he's not prosecuted and walks away with a LOT of money. 
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
I got 14.9353 back of my 150.42268196 CL balance (10%). I consider this a minimal down payment and that he still owes me the other 90% plus the remaining balance due on my Inputs account. It is not up to him to decide how much he owes us. It is up to a civil court to decide that.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
BCJ
p.s. while it feels good to threaten and pound your chest violence often causes more trouble then it is worth.

QFT

Although, for a moment, I entertained offering to relinquish all rights to my 6 BTC for the opportunity to deliver one (1) kick to his testicles with a steel toed boot.  Wink

I know how you feel.  We've all been there.
p.s. while it feels good to threaten and pound your chest violence often causes more trouble then it is worth.

QFT

Although, for a moment, I entertained offering to relinquish all rights to my 6 BTC for the opportunity to deliver one (1) kick to his testicles with a steel toed boot.  Wink

BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
BCJ
BCB, you may have misinterpreted the post.  

I want punch him in the liver over 100 times.  

--EDIT--
I should also note, I only had 1.5btc in.  I'm in the lower echelon of getting screwed. 

But what I'm trying to decide is if I should take it, or not take because of the incredibly unprofessional way he's been acting.

Mxisaac,

The amount doesn't matter.  That fact is you were defrauded and these small numbers added up to 4100 bitcoin.

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
BCB, you may have misinterpreted the post.  

I want punch him in the liver over 100 times.  

--EDIT--
I should also note, I only had 1.5btc in.  I'm in the lower echelon of getting screwed. 

But what I'm trying to decide is if I should take it, or not take because of the incredibly unprofessional way he's been acting.
Pages:
Jump to: