Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinLenders, Inputs.io, Tradefortress (HACK) - page 7. (Read 39680 times)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100
How many people already accepted the "fiat settlement"?

If you accepted this deal please report that to DumbFruit so he can write that to the first post. We need to know how many coins were written off.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Got my reply finally for 30%.  Looks like he's basically offering the value of the money in USD from when it was deposited.

Heads up, if it's anything like the offer I got, there's a clause in there about paying at the current MtGox rate or $750, whichever is greater.  When I got my payout the current going rate was ~600, and he paid at $750, and I ended up getting a few hundred bucks less than I'd expected.  Worked out to about an 88% haircut. 

Look closely at the MtGox rate before you accept the offer.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
More then a few victims of TradeFortress's fraud have contacted me privately about how to pursue them.  I'll just post my advice here publically.

The Securities and Exchange Commission has filed a civil suit against Trendon Shavers for a similar issue so they are certainly interested in the subject.  Trendon Shavers is a US citizen.  I don't know TF or where he lives bu if he defrauded US citizens the US can go after him.

The best advice I can give you is call or email this guy from the SEC and give him all the details.  If he can't help you maybe he can tell you who can.  And the more of you that file a complaint and the more total money lost the more likely they will pursue it.

Good luck.

Philip Moustakis
Senior Attorney
Division of Enforcement
United States Securities & Exchange Commission
3 World Financial Center, Suite 400,
New York, NY 10281-1022
(212) 336-0542
[email protected]
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
BCJ
Got my reply finally for 30%.  Looks like he's basically offering the value of the money in USD from when it was deposited.

Nice try Tradefortress.  6 posts.  Really.
Activity: 19
Activity: 27

I'll keep you in touch, some people are really looking for him and they are not happy.
Till now I have yet to get back my 76 bitcoins in CL and it's making me crazy.

Thanks. I look forward to any valid information. A

Also, I contacted Theymos about TF's trust rating. I got told that there is a problem with the algorithm and that he had fixed it for TF. TF is now showing a neg 187. Please go and leave a negative comment. At least he won't be able to capitalize on the relationships he built as TF. He'll have to start over, and if we really DOX him, this will follow him forever.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Hello all,

I just received a refund of about 19% of my 35.5 investment back (including interest).

I had been one of TF's supporters here, but not any more.

TF came up with several innovative business ideas that had real potential. In the end, I think that CL was in trouble from defaults and in danger of becoming a ponzi scheme, though I do not think it started out as one. The hack, based on the information provided by Dumbfruit, shows both arrogance and sloppiness. TF had ample opportunity to protect his business and our funds and, for whatever reason, did not do so. There is a chance that he was part of the hack on himself, but I don't think so. I think he was arrogant and thought no one could be smarter than him.

I could forgive TF for the hack and even his mistakes in allowing it to happen. I cannot forgive the arrogant way he has treated his investors. This hack was an opportunity for TF. If he had come clean immediately, apologized for his role, and worked fairly with his investors, a great number of us would have continued to support him. CL is dead, but he might have thought of another businesses idea that we would get behind because we would know that this individual is a stand up guy.

Instead, it appears he has not tried to refund all inputs depositors. Then, when it came time to deal with the CL investors, he let it become a free-for-all of people trying to guess what the rules of his game were. He should have come up with a process-instead he made one up on the spot. He has said that he would only consider offers to cash out that protected other CL depositors. BS. At the end of the day, I believe wholeheartedly that TF is going to have thousands of bitcoin in his wallet. That is his goal.

I have agreed not to join any lawsuit against him or to make further claims. I no longer have a legal right to do so. If he had been humble, open, and honest, the amount I received would still hurt dearly, but I would accept it and wish him well. Because of his F-you attitude, I feel that he should be held to account.

I will be writing and posting on my website, bitcoinwarrior.net, an expose of TradeFortress. If anyone has any information that would be helpful to that article beyond what is written here, please email me at [email protected]. If anyone has any more DOX information about him, please email me.

Further, for those who are considering a lawsuit, please email me. I would be happy to publicize your efforts, try to recruit more people who may not be following these boards, etc.

To TF: You can either be perfect, or humble. You are clearly not perfect given that you could have prevented this hack. You may think that you can ditch the TF handle and walk away clean, and you may be right. But, it may be that this finds a way to follow you for your whole career. I'll be doing my best to make sure it does.

I'll keep you in touch, some people are really looking for him and they are not happy.
Till now I have yet to get back my 76 bitcoins in CL and it's making me crazy.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
I have other funds to support your operation, PM me the details and how much funds will you need, but I still want to spend these 26 my way
Please read your PM before going wild.

TF claimed to be using 58.111.143.105 in PM to me, if that can help.
I allow any admin/moderator to browse through all my PM history and confirm this.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Activity: 336
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

It is quite easy to use fake ids and sow misleading data.
Provided TF posts here, I suspect he's capable of doing so.
MtDox's report might just be either what TF hoped for, or, even worse, just another post from a TF sock.
Activity: 54

Please PM me! I think those funds will be better used to pursue criminal charges against TF and hiring a private investigator.

I have other funds to support your operation, PM me the details and how much funds will you need, but I still want to spend these 26 my way
Activity: 330
I was offered ~15% to settle and sign away my rights, for that percentage I would rather join forces and try to send out a message and so possibly stabilizing the Bitcoin economy. Scams like this have a bad effect on the community and Bitcoin as a legitimate financial instrument.

I got a 13% offer.
I might just as well give alternative routes a shot.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
Does anybody know if there has been a reaction to the situation by the Bitcoin Foundation?

I've never seen the Bitcoin Foundation bother with any particular crime or scam.

Generally their approach seems to be one of supporting longer term efforts to track bitcoins for the purposes of forming various kinds of lists and mapping individual users to addresses which is one place where Bitcoin 'falls short' of traditional monetary instruments.

If successful, these efforts would likely be fairly effective at halting scam operations such as TF's.

It is fairly appropriate, if maddening, that the BF takes a long term view of 'crime fighting' and ignores specific events.  But I disagree strongly with their apparent direction of choice for guiding ecosystem evolution.

+1 on the warning and BTC no longer play money

I was offered ~15% to settle and sign away my rights, for that percentage I would rather join forces and try to send out a message and so possibly stabilizing the Bitcoin economy. Scams like this have a bad effect on the community and Bitcoin as a legitimate financial instrument.

Does anybody know if there has been a reaction to the situation by the Bitcoin Foundation?

Thanks you,

I don't think there's been any comment from Bitcoin Foundation. I'm not sure what you want them to comment on but you can try to reach them?
Activity: 49
I just want to say that I am willing to give 26.7962 BTC TF shamefully gave me back to person who provide me with TFs identity and picture
My peace offering is that he use same ratio he used on DF and by that calculation he should have sent me 46.48468 Just to remind everybody I had 222.7BTC at time of "Hack". He already knows that.
This is the address I keep my coins on 1Martaybpu5UtqQtynMMDdFTi3pbZ9XzZk and this post has been signed with it to prove my ownership over coins.

G3956uqfr8y62yyht6RcNjqgGNrFUyt8cHFbRyGCTUfuBxv0OUEZU+nuEPTBOFESOAgFjkCc2dh3eqBzgrcXA2Q=

Please PM me! I think those funds will be better used to pursue criminal charges against TF and hiring a private investigator.

Others in this thread who's talking to TF to "settle". DO NOT!

Seems like TF thinks he can get away with returning little of the funds as possible. You can see this attitude by him responding to your inquiries only when the price of BTC takes a hit. Also consider the fact that although he is trying to return your BTC in fiat money worth, he is still asking his borrowers to return fully in BTC. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

We should also be setting a message. BTC is no longer play money. Just like how we were able to charge Travis Wright with his ponzi scheme, we should be able to charge TF with his failed insurance deposits. This needs to bring media attention so that we can help legitimize BTC and send a warning to other scammers that yes you will get caught, and yes you will be behind bars.

I cannot say this strongly enough. DO NOT SETTLE. Don't let TF get away.

+1 on the warning and BTC no longer play money

I just want to say that I am willing to give 26.7962 BTC TF shamefully gave me back to person who provide me with TFs identity and picture
My peace offering is that he use same ratio he used on DF and by that calculation he should have sent me 46.48468 Just to remind everybody I had 222.7BTC at time of "Hack". He already knows that.
This is the address I keep my coins on 1Martaybpu5UtqQtynMMDdFTi3pbZ9XzZk and this post has been signed with it to prove my ownership over coins.

G3956uqfr8y62yyht6RcNjqgGNrFUyt8cHFbRyGCTUfuBxv0OUEZU+nuEPTBOFESOAgFjkCc2dh3eqBzgrcXA2Q=

Others in this thread who's talking to TF to "settle". DO NOT!

Seems like TF thinks he can get away with returning little of the funds as possible. You can see this attitude by him responding to your inquiries only when the price of BTC takes a hit. Also consider the fact that although he is trying to return your BTC in fiat money worth, he is still asking his borrowers to return fully in BTC. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

We should also be setting a message. BTC is no longer play money. Just like how we were able to charge Travis Wright with his ponzi scheme, we should be able to charge TF with his failed insurance deposits. This needs to bring media attention so that we can help legitimize BTC and send a warning to other scammers that yes you will get caught, and yes you will be behind bars.

I cannot say this strongly enough. DO NOT SETTLE. Don't let TF get away.
Activity: 54

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004
Do we have any idea of his real life identity? We can get together a bounty?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--327178

Keep in mind how expensive a good legal team AND a personal protection squad are going to be.   Cheesy
Activity: 49
Do we have any idea of his real life identity? We can get together a bounty?
Pages:
Jump to: