Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies! - page 136. (Read 639534 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Comkort API: https://comkort.com/page/api

Wasn't included in the Dougcoin submission by accident.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Coinmarketcap.com has become a complete and total resource for all cryptocurrencies.  Not biased for or against any coin and being able to filter "pre-mine" is great.  Best way to stay true to the facts and still give people choice in how to view the data.  If it's a math-based currency, it gets listed, regardless of personal opinions. I love it!  This is why they are and will remain the trusted source.  Way to go guys.   Wink
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Please add NigeriaCoin.  We filled out the form with the required information.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Not all "premines" are necessarily bad. Not all alt-coins are crap. Let the market decide.

I'm wondering how much Solarcoin is a factor in this myself. Huh

Listen, there's no perfect way to do this.

Yes, premined coins which are held in reserve can make a coin appear higher in the rankings. However, that's really irrelevant, because if all of those premined coins were dumped on the market at once, the coin would drop to the bottom of the rankings.

There's no way to know how many coins are available. You just don't know who owns them and what their intention is.

You can look at the blockchain and see total supply, and you can look at the exchanges and see price. Everything else is conjecture.

Sure, make an option to filter out coins with sizable premines, just like you can filter out non-minable coins.

Coinmarketcap is a cool site and I check it daily. Keep up the good work.

This is how I feel.  All coins deserve to be listed, it's just a matter of presenting the information that's fair and consistent.  Adding filters just feels like a bandaid to me and is not a real long term solution.

My comment is aimed at the bold section in markymarks post. You are adressing the issue there. If the premined coins had been in sirculation the price would not have been the same. That is exactly why the premine cant be a part of the marketcap.

Regarding auroracoin you can fix it really easy. Auroracoin got a counter at their webpage with the number of realeased coins from the premine. Update the total number of coins a few times every week and you have the real data and the real marketcap.

I thought about the Auroracoin fix, but what if the other country coins don't give out the number released info?

Don't underestimate the impact and importance of your site. It is one of the most important and informative sites in crypto. Media use it, and most people interested have the site bookmarked.

If you remove the premine from the premined coins my guess is that the coins interested in staying high on your list will provide similiar data about the distribution as auroacoin.

Your site was one of the first ones I found when I first took an interest in alt coins. I have searched for better alternatives and found none anywhere. In my opinion your site is the best resource for comparing coin capitalizations and prices available.

Activity: 779
Merit: 502
Not all "premines" are necessarily bad. Not all alt-coins are crap. Let the market decide.

Yes, premined coins which are held in reserve can make a coin appear higher in the rankings. However, that's really irrelevant, because if all of those premined coins were dumped on the market at once, the coin would drop to the bottom of the rankings.

There's no way to know how many coins are available. You just don't know who owns them and what their intention is.

You can look at the blockchain and see total supply, and you can look at the exchanges and see price. Everything else is conjecture.

Sure, make an option to filter out coins with sizable premines, just like you can filter out non-minable coins.

This is how I feel.  All coins deserve to be listed, it's just a matter of presenting the information that's fair and consistent.  Adding filters just feels like a bandaid to me and is not a real long term solution.

My comment is aimed at the bold section in markymarks post. You are adressing the issue there. If the premined coins had been in sirculation the price would not have been the same. That is exactly why the premine cant be a part of the marketcap.

Regarding auroracoin you can fix it really easy. Auroracoin got a counter at their webpage with the number of realeased coins from the premine. Update the total number of coins a few times every week and you have the real data and the real marketcap.

I thought about the Auroracoin fix, but what if the other country coins don't give out the number released info?

Don't underestimate the impact and importance of your site. It is one of the most important and informative sites in crypto. Media use it, and most people interested have the site bookmarked.

If you remove the premine from the premined coins my guess is that the coins interested in staying high on your list will provide similiar data about the distribution as auroacoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Wow 20 G's from ads is remakable  if you ask me.  Kudos are in order for sure.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
congrats on making $20,000+ a month in ads.

I've watched you from the beginning and great to see your site succeed Cool
Activity: 258
Merit: 252
suggestion:

It would be great to see a chart for Total Market Cap (at the bottom).

Even better, it could have 2 lines: one for total market cap, but also one for bitcoin's market cap. That way you could visualize the gap between all altcoins and bitcoin, to see if altcoin market is growing or not (ie the gap gets bigger over time?)

Great idea.  I'm in the process of revamping the site, so expect to see some new features in the near future.

on the new charts, there is a blue line for price, yellow for market cap

they overlap nearly 100% most of the time.. but sometimes there is a gap between them (see AUR right now)

what does that gap signify?

The coins are being distributed at a faster pace than the price is dropping?

Yeah probably. Since marketcap is based on total supply, and the total supply (usually) changes slowly over time, there might be a slight difference.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand the technicalities on an API. But if there is a technical reason why Allcrypt was removed from the market feed for SLR, then it needs to be fixed.

It was there yesterday, all day. Allcrypt counts for 95% of the volume of SLR and is actively traded on that exchange. The $US trade volume for the past 24 hours at current levels is 380,115 shares X 0.00001850 BTC = 7.03 BTC, well over $3000 a day. The correct value! This puts SLR at rank #52 when sorted by daily trade volume!!! But you are showing $24 instead because you removed Allcrypt from the feeds and are only using Bittrex.

Seriously, WTF is going on??? Allcrypt was being used all day yesterday and last night, now it's removed? If you purposefully removed Allcrypt from the feeds for SLR, then you need to come up with one helluva good reason for doing so. I sure can't think of one.

Here is what I think happened: Last night the volume spiked as a miner came in to take profits. The price got pushed down to 800 satoshis and after the miner was done, rallied right back up to 2000 satoshis. If you do the math on this for the last 24 hour period, the only thing that would have happened is that SLR no longer fit the 0.001% of trade volume restriction and SHOULD have been moved from the "Low Volume" section into the regular listings, according to your own criteria.

But rather than do that, you just removed Allcrypt from the feeds. Sound about right???  Roll Eyes

I didn't remove anything, it was probably an API issue.  It seems resolved now though.

Bittrex now using API
https://bittrex.com/Home/Api

Thanks,  but these APIs have already been integrated.
Activity: 768
Activity: 768
Activity: 119
I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand the technicalities on an API. But if there is a technical reason why Allcrypt was removed from the market feed for SLR, then it needs to be fixed.

It was there yesterday, all day. Allcrypt counts for 95% of the volume of SLR and is actively traded on that exchange. The $US trade volume for the past 24 hours at current levels is 380,115 shares X 0.00001850 BTC = 7.03 BTC, well over $3000 a day. The correct value! This puts SLR at rank #52 when sorted by daily trade volume!!! But you are showing $24 instead because you removed Allcrypt from the feeds and are only using Bittrex.

Seriously, WTF is going on??? Allcrypt was being used all day yesterday and last night, now it's removed? If you purposefully removed Allcrypt from the feeds for SLR, then you need to come up with one helluva good reason for doing so. I sure can't think of one.

Here is what I think happened: Last night the volume spiked as a miner came in to take profits. The price got pushed down to 800 satoshis and after the miner was done, rallied right back up to 2000 satoshis. If you do the math on this for the last 24 hour period, the only thing that would have happened is that SLR no longer fit the 0.001% of trade volume restriction and SHOULD have been moved from the "Low Volume" section into the regular listings, according to your own criteria.

But rather than do that, you just removed Allcrypt from the feeds. Sound about right???  Roll Eyes

Thank you for addressing this issue! I see Allcrypt is once again being used for SLR data.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
allcrypt already has an api. https://www.allcrypt.com/blog/2014/03/public-api-now-available/

it sucks to see my favorite coin is on the low volume list while it has around 8btc volume a day on allcrypt.

please add alcrypt api.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
I see you are fans of Martian Accounting.

-MarkM-
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Its pretty obvious where your interest lies in this (and your buddy who +1'd your post) -- to see Solarcoin rank high to get it pumped and dumped and sucker in the same fools who bought Aurora, Spain, Greece, etc etc and all the other scam coins.

Not true. SolarCoin is not a "scam coin" or a pump and dump.  The people who created it are investment bankers and scientists who have the professional expertise and intention to create a legitimate global financial institution. Here's a list of their resumes -- some of which are so impressive that it's like a who's who of Wall Street (look especially at Joseph Zitoli, John Dolan, and Nick Gogerty). The goal of SolarCoin is to establish a new monetary system backed by the value of solar electricity generated over the next 40 years. The premined coins are distributed according to specific verifiable criteria, representing a specific amount of solar energy produced. Comparing SolarCoin to most premined coins is ludicrous.

If the coins aren't public tradeable, then they should not be included in the market cap. A TRUE market capitalization is literally the share price * the number of outstanding shares on the market. Pre-mined coins are not on the market

Cryptocurrencies aren't stocks. If an institution exists which owns premined coins, are we just going to say that they own nothing of value, even though the price of the coins on the market indicates that the coins DO have value? If we had a gold standard, would we only count the gold that's circulating in the market and not even count the gold being held in the vault of a central bank? Would we say that the central bank holding the reserves of gold owns nothing of value, simply because that gold is not "on the market" at the time?
+1  to that 
Activity: 64
Hi... Please add Germanycoin, we are on bittrex and have a coincounter. Already made a request some days ago.

Counter : http://germanycoin.net/counter/counter.php
on the new charts, there is a blue line for price, yellow for market cap

they overlap nearly 100% most of the time.. but sometimes there is a gap between them (see AUR right now)

what does that gap signify?

The coins are being distributed at a faster pace than the price is dropping?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Dear CoinMarketCap,

Please update the smartcoin site to:

http://www.smartcoin.me

The other site seemed to be taken down a few days ago!
Jump to: