Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies! - page 56. (Read 639534 times)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250
This site lost the credibility it had, to be so unprofessional and mark DASH as premined coin, you cant be serious.
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
you already admitted monero had at least a 2.5% (total coin supply) instamined or "unfair" mining issues.

I did not admit that Monero has any instamine, because it does not.

-snip-

i said instamined "or" unfair mined. whatever you want to call it is fine as long as you admit it.

also, thanks for admitting monero had a 12.5% unfair mine. is that 12.5% from the "current coin supply" or the "total coin supply"? your blatant metric deception is confusing everyone.

smooth is deceptively playing word games again.
when he says 35% he is talking about the current coin supply not the total coin supply. i guess that means that 15-20% of moneros "current coin supply" was instamined.

0% of anything was instamined on Monero, and you know it.

If you want to express the effect of the deliberately de-optimized miner in terms of the current supply of monero it would be around 2.5x (roughly 1/2.5 of the nominal total coin supply currently exists), so probably <2.5%.

If you want to express the effect of some people optimizing miners better than others, that might be as much as 12.5% or more if you consider that it goes on forever (for every coin, nothing special about Monero).
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
@ Smooth

I am cry baby Monero developer who can not compete with EVAN in CODING or bring something new to Monero so I cry about it here

Ehhh, just go back to ur shitcoin please
so you think coinjoin is developed by EVAN?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 283
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
@ Smooth

I am cry baby Monero developer who can not compete with EVAN in CODING or bring something new to Monero so I cry about it here

Ehhh, just go back to ur shitcoin please
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
you already admitted monero had at least a 2.5% (total coin supply) instamined or "unfair" mining issues.

I did not admit that Monero has any instamine, because it does not.

so i guess you agree cmc should add  3 *** for the "unfair mining" of monero?

It is up to them if they want to start rating the "fairness" of mining, as opposed to the more objective question of whether there is a large discontinuity of supply at launch (significant premine or instamine). That's not something they've done so far.

quoting a anti darkcoin/DASH site as proof of something is no proof at all...
"Hopefully one can see after reading this article that coins like Novacoin, Goldcoin, Blackcoin, Darkcoin, etc are obviously bad investments."
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#darkcoin

It is only an "anti-dash site" as you call it in that the author did a huge amount of work to carefully evaluate a large number of coins (shown on the right hand column) and one of several that was evaluated negatively on the basis of a clear instamine was dash (then called darkcoin).

legendary
saying 35% was instamined is inaccurate because you are talking about the "current coin supply" and not the "total coin supply".

I don't know what method coinmarketcap uses when they decide what is "signficantly" but either way it seems significant to me, and it seemed significant to Evan when he talked about the enormous amount of mining in the first 24 hours causing "problems" and it also seemed signifiant to the darkcoin FAQ and origin of dash posts on the dash site.

These are primary, and credible sources.

you are using a moving target as your metric which is not very smart and quite deceptive. in that case monero has a 15-20% instamine.

Monero has 0% instamine

There are no instantmines or premines in Monero.
don't blame your deception on cmc.
so i guess you agree cmc should add  3 *** for the "unfair mining" of monero?

quoting a anti darkcoin/DASH site as proof of something is no proof at all...
"Hopefully one can see after reading this article that coins like Novacoin, Goldcoin, Blackcoin, Darkcoin, etc are obviously bad investments."
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#darkcoin
legendary
"Yes i'm well aware of the (Monero deoptimized miner scam). They mined say 2.5% of the coins over several months... Good for them." Smooth

If you're going to quote, you should actually quote. That is not a quote. You're making yourself look like a scammer when you rewrite a quote and don't link it for context. Not good for your argument at all.

i don't know where your original quote is but are you denying you said that about the 2.5%+ monero instamine? 

I never said anything about a "Monero instamine", because there isn't one. I'll quote again from an objective independent source that has done a careful a well respected investigation of many coins.

Whatever aspects of Monero you don't like are not relevant to question of instamining, and especially not relevant to the (extremely well documented) dash instamine.
legendary
"Yes i'm well aware of the (Monero deoptimized miner scam). They mined say 2.5% of the coins over several months... Good for them." Smooth

If you're going to quote, you should actually quote. That is not a quote. You're making yourself look like a scammer when you rewrite a quote and don't link it for context. Not good for your argument at all.

i don't know where your original quote is but are you denying you said that about the 2.5%+ monero instamine?  
if you are denying it let me know and i will find the original quote unless you deleted it.

the 2.5 to 5%+ monero instamine is calculated from the "total coin supply" not the "current coin supply". i'm not sure what the total monero instamined % is from the "current coin supply" but i think it's around 15-20% depending on who you ask and when they say the instamine was complete, 19 days or 2 months due to the admitted deoptimized miner issue.
legendary
saying 35% was instamined is inaccurate because you are talking about the "current coin supply" and not the "total coin supply".

I don't know what method coinmarketcap uses when they decide what is "signficantly" but either way it seems significant to me, and it seemed significant to Evan when he talked about the enormous amount of mining in the first 24 hours causing "problems" and it also seemed signifiant to the darkcoin FAQ and origin of dash posts on the dash site.

These are primary, and credible sources.

you are using a moving target as your metric which is not very smart and quite deceptive. in that case monero has a 15-20% instamine.

Monero has 0% instamine

legendary
this is gonna get ugly. no coins have had perfectly fair launches or have "fair" initial distribution including bitcoin.

You're using the wrong standard. The standard is not "perfectly fair" it is "significantly premined."

CMC seems to think that an instamine of 35% in one day counts as that. I think they should clarify the tag and make it "significantly premined or instamined", but that's up to them.

I disagree with your statement that instamined doesn't have a clear definition. It has a reasonable common sense definition and plain English definition that means "mined extremely fast" just as "significantly" has such a definition. I don't know what criteria CMC uses for "significantly" though.

you are using a moving target as your metric which is not very smart and quite deceptive. in that case monero has a 15-20% instamine. some say monero is still being instamined due to the highly inflationary distribution curve...

1% or 35%.

Maybe you should ask coinmarketcap if they think 1% is "significantly" anything. Then ask them about 35%.

I have a feeling they put that word "significantly" there for a reason, but I don't really know.

Between us friends, lets just call that instamined.

No let's not call that instamined because, you know, words have meanings.

OK. Lets revert.

You, as one of the core devs of Monero, around from practically launch day, as far as I can tell, have openly said Monero was purposefully deoptimized from launch.

You may not have known, but the fact is you have said it was scam launched.

Those coins were not burned and you didn't relaunch, for whatever reason - probably the high emission rate benefiting the early adopters, but who really knows.

Monero will have fewer maxcoins than DASH, yet despite launching 3-4 months after Darkcoin, Monero now has 7.4m coins vs DASH at 5.3m

I don't know why I keep trying to be civil with you.

So lets remember what you said about the Monero scam launch with a deoptimized miner that you have, by your deeds as a core dev, condoned:

-snip-
I don't agree that a few percent of the coins mined by someone who optimized the miner is  "significantly" instamined or premined. If we restrict it to the period before the obviously deliberate de-optimization was remove then it is probably 1% or less.-snip-

legendary
Activity: 1288
Thank you for giving me the confidence in knowing I made the right decision in taking coinmarketcap off my favorite websites list. Your recent actions are very unprofessional and prove to myself and the cryptocommunity at large that coinmarketcap.com can not be taken seriously as a provider of information.

I would say exactly the opposite in this instance. The enormous 35% instamine of dash is something that is highly relevant to providing useful and objective supply statistics, and coinmarketcap is to be commended for disclosing it, even though dash is a "popular" coin and they are bound to be aggressively criticized by dash supporters for doing so.

Although I do question the quality of their information given that they don't list Bytecoin as premined and haven't removed the hitbtc exchange data despite being provided with ample evidence of hitbtc volume being fake.

No no and no.
they put : ** Significantly Premined

This is wrong that's all!

And now, you (smooth) are saying it was CAN be premined without prove.! lol
Such a dick.

Just for you free coding lesson :

If (here you put a condition)
then
 (put some command that will be execute if the condition is true)
Else if
( put here command that will be execute if condition if false)
End if

legendary
This site just lost it's credibility.

Agreed. Anybody who looks at the Dash block explorer can clearly see that no coins were premined. If you want to mark the coin as instamined, that's great, but it's clearly and provably not premined.

It's actually not provable from that because you can fake a blockchain easily enough (Bytecoin did it). But enough people were around for the launch for us to know that the blockchain is actually real and I agree it wasn't premined. It was instamined, which was all I ever said in my post on this thread.

Why isn't Dash listed as an instamine, Gliss? I know you need 'evidence' so I'll do your research for you.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-darkcoin-instamine-2-millions-drks-50-of-darkcoin-in-circulation-560138

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-the-darkcoindashdashpay-instamine-matters-999886

'That means in less than 8 hours, almost 5% of the Darkcoins that ever will be created spawned in that 1/3 of a day.'

Also

Was Darkcoin Instamined?
~2mn coins were issued in the first 48 hours due to problems with the difficulty readjustment. That represents approximately 10-15% of the total money supply that will ever be issued.

That is some sort of semi-official "FAQ" (which overstates the amount of time taken for the instamine, but that's another story)

Finally, from the actual official dash site:

When we relaunched we had a rush of miners join causing a huge spike of coin production without it being able to adjust the difficulty quick enough, we just ended up spilling out coins. Retargeting happened every 576 blocks and could only increase the difficulty by four times, so it took about six retargets to get to a difficulty that was near 2.5 minutes per block.

Later on, after the difficulty evened out we realized that there was a serious problem with the block reward calculation. You can see people discussing the problems here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.120

I soon fixed this issue at block 4500, but none of us realized the amount of coins that had been issued at the time. At that point we didn’t even have a block explorer yet.

There is no question that dash was instamined. Even supporters of the coin have given up denying it and instead claim it doesn't matter. We could argue that, but here is not the place to do so. Either way, it is 100% accurate to display it a such.
legendary
Activity: 1120
This site just lost it's credibility.

Agreed. Anybody who looks at the Dash block explorer can clearly see that no coins were premined. If you want to mark the coin as instamined, that's great, but it's clearly and provably not premined.
Activity: 283
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
This site just lost it's credibility because of a cry baby Monero dev who is a copy cat with no coding skills what so ever. Instead of working to make Monero better he attacks EVAN because he is to much for him to compete with in CODING or getting something new to CRYPTO.
Activity: 675
Merit: 507
Freedom to choose
Coinmarketcap...

So you leave coins like Ripple on your page, but then take down Dash?

Some good logic there...

Huh

Ripple is marked as non-mineable. If you filter non-mineable and significantly premined it disappears too.

Its a Fedcoin with centralized control and a an apparently very corrupt organization.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Coinmarketcap...

Some good logic there...

Huh

Ripple is marked as non-mineable. If you filter non-mineable and significantly premined it disappears too.

I would honestly rather not have DASH listed anywhere on coinmarketcap, the website is a joke.
legendary
Coinmarketcap...

Some good logic there...

Huh

Activity: 675
Merit: 507
Freedom to choose
Coinmarketcap...

Some good logic there...
legendary
Thank you for giving me the confidence in knowing I made the right decision in taking coinmarketcap off my favorite websites list. Your recent actions are very unprofessional and prove to myself and the cryptocommunity at large that coinmarketcap.com can not be taken seriously as a provider of information.

I would say exactly the opposite in this instance. The enormous 35% instamine of dash is something that is highly relevant to providing useful and objective supply statistics, and coinmarketcap is to be commended for disclosing it, even though dash is a "popular" coin and they are bound to be aggressively criticized by dash supporters for doing so.

Although I do question the quality of their information given that they don't list Bytecoin as premined and haven't removed the hitbtc exchange data despite being provided with ample evidence of hitbtc volume being fake.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: