Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies! - page 52. (Read 639534 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 252
Given the debate here, it's probably best to take the significantly premined mark off of Dash until we can figure out a more appropriate solution.  I agree that instamine is not the same as premine.

I see a few options here:
1) Change label to "Significantly mined around launch" or something among those lines
2) Make an instamine label
3) Not care about tracking instamine

I'm preferring #3 because "instamine" is not a well defined term and can be applied subjectively.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Dear CMC,

Thank you for applying the handy shitcoin auto-filter to Dash.  I've used that link as my BTCT profile's web site for a long time, and very glad it's been upgraded in light of Dash's scandalous actual vs theoretical emission.

I'd like to propose CMC use actual vs theoretical emission as a metric for ranking coins.

If you like, feel free to call the ratio/deviation between actual and theoretical a coin's iCE FACTOR.   Cool
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Displaying it as significant premine is hardly accurate.  An instamine is not a premine.

When the insta-mine happens before the pre-announced Official Launch Time, and is of such a massive scale, the terminology becomes a distinction without a difference.

In Dash's case the instamine happened so quickly and was so massive as to be functionally equivalent to a premine.

I like how the DashHoles' best defense of their scam-mine is to deploy the good old tu quoque fallacy and quibble about definitions.

It's also fun to watch them insult CMC for having the integrity to do the right thing.  That's right DashHoles, attack-the-attacker...  Cheesy

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

Put CoinMarketCap asside, lets here it from you, a simple YES or NO, was DASH premined ? As in mined before launch? Please be simple in your answer.

YES- all mining that happened before the as planned mining emission  could be considered as so.

That's just plain retarded. How much did you buy the legendary account for?
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

Put CoinMarketCap asside, lets here it from you, a simple YES or NO, was DASH premined ? As in mined before launch? Please be simple in your answer.

YES- all mining that happened before the as planned mining emission  could be considered as so.
Activity: 289
-snip-

You call youurself a dev and you dont know what premine is. What a moron. DASH was not premined, and displaying it like that is incorrect and unprofessional from a site claiming to know what its doing.
-snip-

Should I insert a personal insult to get a response? You moron, a simple YES or NO, was DASH premined? As in mined before launch??
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Monero core team came here and accused Dash of a "premine" and petitioned CMC to show that which they did.

That's not at all what happened.

Some other guy asked about Dash (not someone I recognized as a Monero supporter, certainly not a well-known one), and said it was an instamine. I think he said that about Dash because he was annoyed at your constant and amazingly poorly-informed chattering about the well-documented hitbtc scams. So if anyone is actually responsible for Dash being tagged, it is you BockaFett. Maybe you should shut up for a while and stop trying to act like everything you construe as positive for or favorable about Monero is obviously a lie and needs to be contested, even if you actually have no information about it at all.

After that, I replied and provided supporting evidence for Dash being an instamine. CMC, I guess, looked at that evidence and decided to tag it. I'm guessing because I haven't communicated with them outside making that post.

There was no accusing, and no petitioning by the core team. I don't think fluffypony even posted about it at all before CMC's decision was made and you started flipping out, as usual, so he replied to you, although I'm not positive of that.

Stop lying please.

EDIT: Yes I looked back and the original complaint about Dash actually mentioned you BlockaFett by name. So yes you were absolutely the one who instigated this with your big (and ignorant) mouth. Congrats!

It's amazing, now no one from Trollero petitioned CMC (despite calls to action like this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11170842) and it's my big mouth that got CMC to do the very thing you have been calling for them to do for days?  And I am constantly trolling about HitBTC when that's what you and Fluffy were here initially about asking CMC to remove it because then Bytecoin would have 90% of it's volume delisted?

First of all, I don't remember posting about hitbtc at all, so I think you are lying again. Second of all, I would like see your evidence that the complaints about hitbtc are motivated by anything other than hitbtc being a scam site with fake volume. Because I've actually traded there and my experience agrees with it. Do you have any actual knowledge or experience to contradict this, or is it yet another example of you making shit up because it happens to suit your rabid anti-Monero agenda.

EDIT: I just checked my past posts and besides one comment here about hitbtc after the tag had already been added to Dash I did not mention it, so no I had nothing to do with your ignorant little argument with someone over hitbtc throwing a bad light on Dash and leading to the Dash instamine discussion here, just as i said. The only time I could find where I did mention hitbtc was not here but on a Monero thread back on April 10 when someone asked if its removal would be bad for Monero (reducing its reported volume and further concentrating it on Poloniex) and I agreed it would be a negative but said I would be happy to see the scam removed anyway.

So again, please stop lying and talking out of your ass BlockaFett.

Activity: 392
Merit: 255
Monero core team came here and accused Dash of a "premine" and petitioned CMC to show that which they did.

Some other guy asked about Dash (not someone I recognized as a Monero supporter, certainly not a well-known one), and said it was an instamine. I think he said that about Dash because he was annoyed at your constant and amazingly poorly-informed chattering about the well-documented hitbtc scams. So if anyone is actually responsible for Dash being tagged, it is you BockaFett. Maybe you should shut up for a while and stop trying to act like everything you construe as positive for or favorable about Monero is obviously a lie and needs to be contested, even if you actually have no information about it at all.

After that, I replied and provided supporting evidence for Dash being an instamine. CMC, I guess, looked at that evidence and decided to tag it. I'm guessing because I haven't communicated with them outside making that post.

There was no accusing, and no petitioning by the core team. I don't think fluffypony even posted about it at all before CMC's decision was made and you started flipping out, as usual, so he replied to you, although I'm not positive of that.

Stop lying please.

EDIT: Yes I looked back and the original complaint about Dash actually mentioned you BlockaFett by name. So yes you were absolutely the one who instigated this with your big (and ignorant) mouth. Congrats!

It's amazing, now no one from Trollero petitioned CMC (despite calls to action like this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11170842) and it's my big mouth that got CMC to do the very thing you have been calling for them to do for days?  And I am constantly trolling about HitBTC when that's what you and Fluffy were here initially about asking CMC to remove it because then Bytecoin would have 90% of it's volume delisted?  Sounds like Orwellian double-speak to me Smooth...you guys should read 1984 with all your other antics, it's right up your street I think....

legendary

Stop lying please.

BlockaFett et. al., you should probably inform your employer that the style you are employing are over-all hurtful towards your cause. It's largely unbefitting and most outsiders can see through it.

You're a Monero investor ...I would say the opposite, Monero core team came here and accused Dash of a "premine" and petitioned CMC to show that which they did.  I dispute that any Darkcoins where premined so I just asked the both Monero core devs for their evidence of premine, which I didn't get.  So maybe it's Monero who is attacking here (and being hurtful to their cause). I haven't asked CMC to do anything negative with Monero.  Just for Monero to justify why Dash, as of today, is a premine, as they claim.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
BlockaFett et. al., you should probably inform your employer that the style you are employing are over-all hurtful towards your cause. It's largely unbefitting and most outsiders can see through it.
Activity: 283
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
It means go to work because if Monero was a company you would be fired.
legendary
Just wow, another no good Monero dev is trying to get attention. Fluffypony + Smooth just hating on the success Evan getting because not only they don't know what to do next beside copy pasting other people's work and can't bring any NEW technology to crypto World it hurts them that Evan getting known by magazines, Bitcoin developrs, and even Crypto websites and you don't get a 2nd look? that much jealousy?  THEN DO MORE WORK ON YOU'RE MONERO SHITTY SCAM prooooove to everyone that you are true devs with Uniq skills that no one else has but I know it's to hard so you come here attacking in forums much better than actually working.

Do 10% of Evan's work and then talk back at him but when ur a no body then better shut it and start working. "or studying"

Hey BagHolder010, what does this have to do with the Dark instamine (or anything else related to coinmarketcap)?

Activity: 283
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
Just wow, another no good Monero dev is trying to get attention. Fluffypony + Smooth just hating on the success Evan getting because not only they don't know what to do next beside copy pasting other people's work and can't bring any NEW technology to crypto World it hurts them that Evan getting known by magazines, Bitcoin developrs, and even Crypto websites and you don't get a 2nd look? that much jealousy?  THEN DO MORE WORK ON YOU'RE MONERO SHITTY SCAM prooooove to everyone that you are true devs with Uniq skills that no one else has but I know it's to hard so you come here attacking in forums much better than actually working.

Do 10% of Evan's work and then talk back at him but when ur a no body then better shut it and start working. "or studying"
"No, because mining optimization has nothing to do with premining or instamining. The supply of coins was and is unchanged from its original specifications. "

Massively disingenuous.  Crippled miner scam is well known and means the dev's get more of the *distribution* than they should...the whole reason why "premine" and "instamines" you say are bad.  The terms Instamine/Premine the way you use them are only to imply a *distribution* problem..  It's the same thing.  

The fact that you always twist things to never admit the faults in Monero shows IMO you aren't "fighting scams" but trying to hurt the competition to raise your own price (despite it failing week after week).

We've admitted to the crippled miner. We were the first ones to discover it, disclose it, and fix it. The reason I don't dwell on Monero's faults is not to hide them (again, we were the ones who disclosed it), it's just that frankly its really small compared to Dash. Maybe 10-20k coin at most, compared to 2 million, plus Dash had the change to emissions later (which magnifies the effect of the original 2M massive coin dump), and we didn't. You don't want to hear that, but those are the actual facts.

Essentially every single post you make is saying "The distribution problems being raised about Monero are non-issues" and at the same time "Dash's distribution is a big problem".  I think no point in continuing because actually you just say that whatever the truth is...again you are doing this evidently to raise Monero price because Dash is your largest competitor (you benefit) - simplest answer is usually the correct one.  No point in replying at this stage as this is evidently what's going on...

No my point is that 10-20k is a LOT less than 2 million, plus a redefine of the subsequent curve. A lot less meaning more than 99% less. It's just a really, really small issue you are reaching for. Sorry.

I don't know anything about early Monero distribution, it's not exactly of interest to me, just you either 100% attacking or competitor or 100% defending Monero, both spuriously, you don't seem to get how obvious this is...anyway...I think lets leave it now Smooth, I don't think this is going anywhere, and your core team getting CMC to change their data while your price has tanked is more a problem for Monero than Dash I suspect because obviously you guys should be *developing* (and lets be honest it is pathetic  Roll Eyes).
legendary
"No, because mining optimization has nothing to do with premining or instamining. The supply of coins was and is unchanged from its original specifications. "

Massively disingenuous.  Crippled miner scam is well known and means the dev's get more of the *distribution* than they should...the whole reason why "premine" and "instamines" you say are bad.  The terms Instamine/Premine the way you use them are only to imply a *distribution* problem..  It's the same thing.  

The fact that you always twist things to never admit the faults in Monero shows IMO you aren't "fighting scams" but trying to hurt the competition to raise your own price (despite it failing week after week).

We've admitted to the crippled miner. We were the first ones to discover it, disclose it, and fix it. The reason I don't dwell on Monero's faults is not to hide them (again, we were the ones who disclosed it), it's just that frankly its really small compared to Dash. Maybe 10-20k coin at most, compared to 2 million, plus Dash had the change to emissions later (which magnifies the effect of the original 2M massive coin dump), and we didn't. You don't want to hear that, but those are the actual facts.

Essentially every single post you make is saying "The distribution problems being raised about Monero are non-issues" and at the same time "Dash's distribution is a big problem".  I think no point in continuing because actually you just say that whatever the truth is...again you are doing this evidently to raise Monero price because Dash is your largest competitor (you benefit) - simplest answer is usually the correct one.  No point in replying at this stage as this is evidently what's going on...

No my point is that 10-20k is a LOT less than 2 million, plus a redefine of the subsequent curve. A lot less meaning more than 99% less. It's just a really, really small issue you are reaching for. Sorry.

Essentially every single post you make is saying "The distribution problems being raised about Monero are non-issues" and at the same time "Dash's distribution is a big problem" (and as of  today, from at least 1 Monero core dev's perspective this has warped into a fullblown Premine, except no evidence provided yet).  I think no point in continuing because actually you just say all thiss whatever the truth is...again you are doing this evidently to raise Monero price because Dash is your largest competitor (you benefit) - simplest answer is usually the correct one.  No point in replying at this stage as this is evidently what's going on...

Activity: 490
Merit: 14
The core difference here is that Monero was originally launched by Thankful-for-Today. The current development team as far as I know, did not launch Monero. Therefore saying things like "You launched Monero xyz" is false.

The major points of this are:

. Monero was launched by someone who is no longer involved in the currency
. Monero's beginnings has been in the open, recorded and is verifiable
. Monero has never had any of it's core features changed

. Dash was launched by Evan Duffield and Evan Duffield is still Dash's main core developer
. Dash's beginnings are here and there, Evan Duffield says, " Oh it was a mistake that 2million coins were instamined in 2 days", but the events during the instamine say completely otherwise, that it was done on purpose
. Dash had a instamine/premine where all of it's core features were changed after launch

Monero cannot be compared to Dash in any way, shape, or form.

same blockchain, same distribution issues.  Distribution issues being the real problem terms like "premine" or "crippled miner" are implying.  how does changing the devs fix that?

As is above, they cannot be compared.

One coin (XMR), has never had any of it's core features changed even when it was released by the suspicious Thankful-for-Today character.

The other coin (DASH), has had all of it's core features changed after the instamine/premine occured, leaving the developers and few other instaminers with an abundance of coins valued many times what it originally was.

Intially having a bad miner is nothing like having a premine/instamine. Virutally all currencies has had 'bad miners' as anyone with the skill would probably be able to create optimized versions of the miners for themselves regardless.

You cannot compare a coin that has never had it's core parameters changed, to one that has, so the distribution 'issues' are vastly different.
You released a miner that had been de-optimized on purpose. You say you didn't know, but it's what happened. You can not honestly compare that to miners being optimized over time. The miner you release was literally a scam, and you know that's not the same as miners being optimized over time.

No, let me explain this again. We did not release anything. The original developer released it, and then, after several days of odd behavior, we kicked him out. Not for that specific thing, mind you, but if we had known about that at the time, that would certainly be another good reason to kick him out. (In hindsight it isn't surprising at all.)

In fact, after taking one of the things we told people was that we weren't that familiar with the code and it could contain back doors or bugs, they should be careful. It was very much a use-at-your-own risk situation and disclosed as such. (This was borne out to be a valid concern in September when an exploit was used to attack the coin.)

I'm sorry but there is simply no comparison between something a former developer did that might have given him a discount on mining at most 1% of the coins (but did not affect the rate of mining at all), and an instamine done by the still current developer that massively wrecked the entire coin-distribution schedule of the coin, followed by changing the schedule again later.

I realize you are trying to create an equivalence here for advocacy reasons, but first of all there isn't one and second of all, they are two independent coins and sets of issues. This method of trying to defend the instamine by pointing to different flaws in a different coin is frankly silly.

again, sounds like you are covering up problems in Monero but making spurious (and now easily disprovable) accusations against your competitors, and coming to market sites like CMC to presssure them to do your dirty work...? Smiley
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: