Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 37. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Crypto store in exchange is not as secure as you think. Existing exchange floors have many hackers attacking. If you trade cryptos daily, you can still store cryptos on exchange floors but need to improve your account security. Setting a 2-step password through Google Authenticator or signing in with SMS is essential.
Activity: 181
Merit: 4
For me storing your cryptocurrency on exchange is quite good idea. Because a lot of exchanges particularly in newly launched exchange that has a weak security it is difficult to assure you that your money's (cryptos) are could even safe. But not all exchange are not good for keeping you coins but I recommend you to choose wisely an exchange o store your cryptocurrency.
Activity: 952
Bittrex, with their extreme security, has not been hacked yet I believe. Yet. But their extreme security is almost as bad as a hack when people get locked out of their own accounts. Spending and coin security are major problems yet to be solved imo.

I believe QSP are trying to solve coin security, their product and white paper looks promising if they can deliver on it
Bittrex are not trusted they are disabling account without reason so i would not recommend to store any coins in bittrex if you dont want a  problem.
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
Keeping coins in exchanges are one of the risks some one can take,but most of the time doesn't end well, we all have heard the number of times these exchange platforms have been hacked before,and millions of tokens lost, don't gamble with your investment, always stay safe
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Bittrex, with their extreme security, has not been hacked yet I believe. Yet. But their extreme security is almost as bad as a hack when people get locked out of their own accounts. Spending and coin security are major problems yet to be solved imo.

I believe QSP are trying to solve coin security, their product and white paper looks promising if they can deliver on it
Activity: 210
depending on the exchange, if it causes difficulties and frequent technical problems, then you should not trust, it is better to wait for its restorations for a hundred percent, and if there are no negative reviews, then it will be kept for a long time.
Activity: 123
Binance is one of the top exchanges and i would consider them to be safe. I do not really worry when i store my coins on there. Just do 2 Factor auth and don't be stupid about letting your info get out and stuff like that. However it's not 100% guaranteed that something bad will happen like a hack or something. Like mentioned before try and put your coins into a wallet.. leaving small amounts on the exchange is absolutely fine. Invest in a hardware wallet. If you are truly worried about that.
Activity: 597
Safe but not recommended. Because Exchange can anytime hack by the hackers. Sometime, without any reason, your wallet will be empty in some exchanges. So, better to keep your coins in a good hardware wallet.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
Security is above all. For long-term holding the exchange is not suitable. There are big risks of losing coins. But if i don't have a large amount of coins, then for a short term holding i can safely keep them there.
Wallet exchange is very vulnerable to hack. There are many cases of exchange hacking that we can learn in order not to store large amounts of assets in the wallet exchange. I only use wallet exchange when passing transactions and trading activities, for the sake of asset security.
Activity: 127
Keeping coins on exchanges is not a good idea. Exchanges can be closed at the request of the state. The exchange can be hacked by hackers as well as wallets. The safest way is to store coins on a hardware wallet
Activity: 476
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
Actually, exchanges can be also hacked.
However, in my opinion, it is also not too bad to put in exchanges. Every saving (exchanges, wallet, and other devices) may have the upsides, they have the benefits and profits saving our coins on them. Therefore, just consider which is best. I myself diversify some coins on some exchanges and some on my Wallets.
Activity: 182
 I think it depends on your intention, if you are trading and is actively using your funds then keep it there, but if your not using it for the longer term, i suggest that you store it in your own personal wallet for safekeeping.
Activity: 98
With the current price drop, I think keeping my coins is very right. In the future we do not know for sure whether the price of it is high or not. But to sell at a low price will be a lot of losses. It is best to wait patiently for the market to appreciate.

You are absolutely right but the question was whether it's safe to save your coins on exchange or not.
Activity: 23
It is also not safe to store coins on the exchange. Because any exchange can also be hacked and money stolen. There were already many such cases.
Activity: 322
I think if you want to safe your coins 100% then use Hardware wallet because some exchanges are not safe to kept your coins safe. I am using Trazor hardware wallet to kept my coins safe.
Activity: 35
All Exchanges are not made equivalent and one can even now lose trade coins because of trade getting hacked or shutdown because of government control or some other reason. So it is valuable to keep a decent segment of your coins in your own wallet. To lessen the hazard, utilize numerous trades and different wallets as well.
Activity: 109
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
I think they are safe sans hacking on their centralized exchange. If we keep our coins on exchanges our only control is provide security to our wallet. We can have 2FA activated to further enhance security. The down if we kept our coins in exchange is that exchange is hacked, our coins go with it. So better choose trusted centralized exchanges.
Activity: 602
With the current price drop, I think keeping my coins is very right. In the future we do not know for sure whether the price of it is high or not. But to sell at a low price will be a lot of losses. It is best to wait patiently for the market to appreciate.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
Actually, both wallet and exchanges is not a hundred percent safe.  Your wallet can be hacked, same with exchanges. The difference is, most wallet are hacked because of owners negligence, and with the exchanges, it is more of lack of security of the platform itself.  If you are holding for long term, it is better to have a hard wallet to store your coins.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Security is above all. For long-term holding the exchange is not suitable. There are big risks of losing coins. But if i don't have a large amount of coins, then for a short term holding i can safely keep them there.
If you look at the past history of exchanges and how vulnerable those systems are because of the frequent hacks, i would not dare to move my coins to the exchanges until i plan on trading them or selling them, it is no way safe to hold your coins in any exchanges no matter how much careful you are with your security, once the coins are in the exchanges you have no control over your coins and if its hacked then it is gone forever and you just hope to get the compensation.
Pages:
Jump to: