Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 32. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 250
August 07, 2018, 07:16:05 AM
I just think that there are exchanges for which their reputation is very important, because there have been cases when top exchanges returned hacked funds.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
August 07, 2018, 07:13:46 AM
The safest way to store your coins is using a wallet where you hold your private keys.On the other hands some exchange like kucoin, bittrex and binance are safe based on my experience.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
August 07, 2018, 07:11:23 AM
I suppose if you keep your money on reliable exchanges like Binance or Bittrex, then your funds are safe  Wink
Forgive me, but I can not agree with this, if you keep money on the exchange, it seems to me that you simply give your money to the hands of other people. I'm not a supporter of this. Because I always take my tokens and coins after bargains.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
August 07, 2018, 07:06:34 AM
I suppose if you keep your money on reliable exchanges like Binance or Bittrex, then your funds are safe  Wink
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
August 07, 2018, 07:02:25 AM
Keeping coins in exchanges are safe. I use Binance and most of my coins are kept there cos I feel it is a safe choice. Don't just share your private information with anyone. Activate the 2-factor authentication system if possible, and keep your login information accessible but safe.
Activity: 336
Merit: 20
August 05, 2018, 12:14:37 PM
Exchanger is easily hacked. Even the binance that has a fairly good security is hacked. It is better to store in a hardware wallet that cannot flow internet. That's good enough. Hackers today are quite genius, 1001 ways to do it to hack a website that can benefit him.
Activity: 112
August 05, 2018, 12:10:20 PM
They are more secure in this case than the person who clicks on each link that receives on email and enters the same password on all sites for registration. Just do not keep too large sums on exchanges.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
August 04, 2018, 11:09:23 AM
No, it's not safe. It is not safe to even store on any purse. Everything is vulnerable. And this is only a matter of time when they break this or that exchange or purse.
Activity: 294
August 04, 2018, 10:52:24 AM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
Probably they are, but I think I've heard more news about cryptocurrency exchange hacked then about online or hardware wallet hacked. So theoretically it is more secure to keep your money on wallet.
Activity: 56
August 04, 2018, 09:32:03 AM
Keep your coins on the exchange or on the device in your personal wallet is equally dangerous.  To suffer from hacker attacks is possible in both versions.  The only difference is that at the crypto currency exchanges your currency is not at you, but on the purses of the exchange itself.  You can only manage it.  If you want maximum security, use cold wallets.
Activity: 98
August 04, 2018, 09:20:36 AM
You're wrong because exchange site are more vulnerable to be hacked than wallet. Actually exchange site used by traders to make trading faster.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
August 04, 2018, 09:02:00 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure about anything. I know hackers broke into exchanges and wallets. I think that attack can happen in any moment.
That's it! Hackers are constantly hacking crypto-exchange exchanges. Do you think it's okay to store your tokens on the exchange? I do not think that this is normal. Because I think that now it is best to store crypto-currencies in your wallet.
Activity: 490
August 04, 2018, 08:58:09 AM
we can not avoid hackers should always be careful not to fall prey to you.
my advice is for you not to always open your wallet and always erase the history of your phone or computer using it to prevent hacking your account.
Yes, try not to fall into the trap of phishing websites or go to unfamiliar junk websites, which can easily leave traces of poisoning.
Activity: 412
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
August 04, 2018, 06:30:05 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure about anything. I know hackers broke into exchanges and wallets. I think that attack can happen in any moment.
Activity: 293
Merit: 4
August 04, 2018, 04:49:47 AM
Coins left on exchanges are safe so long as you have extra layer of security activated like your 2FA. But you risk losing all your coins should the exchange go under as they would disappear with your investments. Coins should be in wallets where you have your private keys.
Activity: 350
August 04, 2018, 03:14:27 AM
we can not avoid hackers should always be careful not to fall prey to you.
my advice is for you not to always open your wallet and always erase the history of your phone or computer using it to prevent hacking your account.
Activity: 306
Merit: 102
Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak
August 04, 2018, 03:13:17 AM
I would rather keep my coins on exchanges than keep them in my own  hot wallet. Though, exchanges are equally hot wallets but, as corporate entities they should have better security tools than any individual could ever have.
Activity: 406
Merit: 158
August 04, 2018, 03:00:49 AM
It is not safe of course, always we are seeing hack news about exchanges. Binance trading bot hacked several times I remember, and one day all binance can hack of course so you must not keep your investments in any exchange.
Activity: 126
August 04, 2018, 02:59:01 AM
If you have not sold them yet, you want to keep your coin carefully. It will be safe for you to secure and install anti-virus software and some software that will keep your computer safe and protected Maximum hacker
Activity: 154
August 04, 2018, 02:54:48 AM
I also agree with you. because it is now very easy to hackers breaking into private key that we have. When it was entered in the exchange, then it is more secure. Because in the exchanger is usually there is a protection system on the coin you have. So, you can feel more secure.
Pages:
Jump to: