Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins with price lower price has more chances to moon? - page 15. (Read 2040 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Marketcap is the most important factor when determining if a coin can go 10 to 100x. Not because the coin necessarily is a good store of value, but because the current market has shown what level of market cap it is willing to tolerate. We are still in the wild west days of the cryptocoin market. There is unfortunately less importance put on future promise than immediate returns. Just look at the number of coins that are fake at face value (looking at you picklericks) and tell me that low marketcap is not the primary means of determining "moons".

tl:dr - Low marketcap is directly linked to the probability of huge gains, but hopefully that won't always be the case.

While there are a few exceptions, you have to start with a good coin.  There many junk or so called shitcoins investors shouldn't touch even at a super "bargain".

Taking your generalized advise may lead so really major loses.

I probably wasn't clear enough. I was insinuating that looking for the next "moon" is the wrong way to go about investing in crypto-currency. If you are looking for short term returns you should invest in shitcoins because they are heavily dependent on hotair and bs. You can make a huge return or you could lose all your money because they were always a scam. My point is you should do research and not look at the cryptocurrency market as a gambling ring. Eventually, hopefully, there will only be a dozen or so coins which all serve a very specific purpose and are great stores of value. If you find one of those coins now the sky is the limit, but I can tell you that picklericks and monkey project coins will not be one of them.
Activity: 350
Merit: 122
Marketcap is the most important factor when determining if a coin can go 10 to 100x. Not because the coin necessarily is a good store of value, but because the current market has shown what level of market cap it is willing to tolerate. We are still in the wild west days of the cryptocoin market. There is unfortunately less importance put on future promise than immediate returns. Just look at the number of coins that are fake at face value (looking at you picklericks) and tell me that low marketcap is not the primary means of determining "moons".

tl:dr - Low marketcap is directly linked to the probability of huge gains, but hopefully that won't always be the case.

While there are a few exceptions, you have to start with a good coin.  There many junk or so called shitcoins investors shouldn't touch even at a super "bargain".

Taking your generalized advise may lead so really major loses.
Activity: 21
I like:

Pascal Coin / SpectreCoin - fast transactions / low fees - 20 M market cap - very nice technically, but  poor marketin

SpeedCash - X13 - very low total coin volume  - very low cap, but very controversial exchange  - yoibt. But i'd say devs are good and working - gona implement new original algorithm soon, trying to catch new exchanges. Work is goin on... I believe it could just easy reach x100 now - but i'd be only 8 mln. $ market cap !!!!!

HoboNickels - old coins - was in TOP 20 - now like ~ 3-4 mln. market cap ~ POS

These ones I really hold Tongue

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
It's not the price of the coin that is important, it's the market cap. Small cap coins are easier to pump - they are usually on just a couple of exchanges with low daily trading volume. Therefore a pump group can make the coin's price move quite substantially with only a small amount of money.
This post answers it all which price doesnt really matter on a certain coin but rather its total supply and cap which it can really be easily determined if it would be easy to be pumped out but also its easy to dump out too.
Buying these low cap coins might give you the chance to make some money if pumped out but not an assurance if it would really had the chance or do being considered by whales to move its price or not.
Activity: 52

Activity: 252
i want to improve this theory .
price with low marketplace has more chances to moon .

bcoz with trillions of coins if price is even 0.1$ then it is risky bet .
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Low price is not important if the coin offers great product/service. However, coin with low supply and cheap price are good to grow in future.
Activity: 350
Merit: 122
I always thought that initial coin price is not important, because there is no difference between buying 1000 coins at $0.001 or 0.001 coin at $1000. Buy most of my friends who are newbie in crypto prefer buying low cost coins ("BTC is already $15000 but Rillple is still cheap").
Maybe that means that new people coming to crypto would prefer new altcoins (especially altcoins with lower price and more total supply) rather then BTC, ETH and other > 1000$ coins?
Also with cheaper coins it's simply easier to calculate whey purchasing something with crypto. I'm sure everyone is using calculators while trading on BTC/* pairs))

If the cheap coin is NEW but a good one, then this is very true.  Bigger growth is more likely.

Percentage return is what you look for BUT psychology plays a lot here too.  It is in fact easier to buy 10,000 coins at $0.10 each than 0.115 BTC for the same $1,000 you have.

The trick is finding that new/cheap good coin.
Activity: 533
Merit: 251
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
This is very illogical attitude. Yeah I saw many newbies just keep talking about their unknown coin to reach $1. But market logic doesn't work like that. Fixed supplies shouldn't be forgotten.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
Yes it actually works, lower priced good quality projects with competent team can yield you huge progits, my potential cheap coin picks are telcoin, bitclave and snov.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
I personally think those coins with a much lower price has anything to do with more chances of mooning rather the project itself. Any new project which has good marketing strategy and could gather a lot of investors to invest on their ICO's of course has greater chances of mooning especially when its price starts at the lowest but most of these ICO's already have an ICO price set before it'll be sold out.
Activity: 322
There are many hamsters on the market that do not study the fundamental value of the coin. In the case of a successful HYIP, a pump with any coin can occur. Therefore, a low price + a small issue is a good sign for entry. For catch pump ofcourse.
Activity: 364
Merit: 41
Possibly mooncoin, considering the price right now is only 1 satoshi.
MV7
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
The coin price basically does not matter AT ALL.

It's all about the market cap of the coin. That's why even though Ripple's price is low, it's still number 3 on the coinmarketcap, and arguably takes more to increase / decrease price.
Activity: 201
Merit: 11
I've put heavy into KIN it's super low and has a good year of HODL. I'd be happen with .50 or 1.00 that would be a MOON shot.
Activity: 24
Merit: 3
If someone can't understand the concept of marketcap relative to value before they invest they desrve to lose all their money. Too many idiots on here think Ripple is going to hit $100 someday.
MV7
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I'm invested quite heavily in two coins right now, Odyssey and Fortuna. Both of them have less than 50 million coinmarketcap, but they are both partnered with some top coins, such as NEO, Qtum, TRX, and Loopring.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Not all lower priced coins have the chance to rise to the moon. If you've been monitoring prices of those lower price alts you can see there are some that are not moving upwards. There are factors to consider such as marketcap, team, marketing campaign etc. A lot of research, Strategic planning, monitoring also count a lot when investing on  low price alts for you to achieve the earrnings you are dreaming.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It's not the price of the coin that is important, it's the market cap. Small cap coins are easier to pump - they are usually on just a couple of exchanges with low daily trading volume. Therefore a pump group can make the coin's price move quite substantially with only a small amount of money.
I'm quite agree, about that and I'm sure no one experienced in crypto will argue. But I'm speaking about newcomers, don't you think they are mostly predisposed to buy coins with lower price?

The answer to your question in bold is Yes. Especially on coinbase - they look at the price of bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin and literally buy the cheapest. They don't really understand about market cap at all.
Activity: 154
Merit: 2
I'm quite agree, about that and I'm sure no one experienced in crypto will argue. But I'm speaking about newcomers, don't you think they are mostly predisposed to buy coins with lower price?
Pages:
Jump to: