Pages:
Author

Topic: COLOSED [GROUP BUY6] Happy New Year Giveaway Bitmain Antminer S1 180GH 3 BTC - page 5. (Read 36238 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Information on next group buy please or are these available here now? https://bitmaintech.com/product.htm or maybe here? http://sushi-review.com/

I need to buy another miner soon.
Just go to the local computer shop...they probably have boatloads of them...this is an extremely common item.  Even generic chains like best carry them.  I think I have even seen them in walmart.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I will probably turn off a working unit....take its fan and install it on faulty unit to see if it even mines....I can get into the interface, but it will not mine...so it probably has some sort of fan/safety off switch. If it mines, then it is a simple fan replacement, which that is what i think it is...dam, my luck, I will check out the fan, I was reading about some bad PSU fans on one of these threads, and the guy ordered 2 that turned out to have bad fans, but the fans were not properly seat on the shaft, so he pushed the in further, they seated, and fans now spin and PSUs now work...so here is to hoping that my bad fan fixes as easy or else time to find a fan....I shall be back!

so my fan doesn't look too good....copper coil windings are all rusted up, when I first power up the unit, the fan looks like it wants to spin, but doesn't, it just slightly moves then nothing....so I need a fan...hopefully cleaning off the rust will help but doubt it Sad

I would just get a new fan...they are cheap and easy to find.

Just my looking at it, that fan actually got soaked which means 1 of 2 things.

Either just the fan got soaked or the whole miner got soaked.

so this rusted fan looked bad, and just won't work....yes a simple fan replacement yet NOT SO SIMPLE ....finding a 4 pin fan was not that easy....I stole it from my KNC JUPITER and now the ANT IS WORKING....and I put a temp. fan on the JUPITER.....knc saves my day again....hahahaha

Newegg has these for 20% off http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002 that are much quieter. I don't know if there are any setting that need to be changed when you swap fans though.
Seems to allow me to add to cart
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Bitmain is starting to sell Antminers on their website.

2.4 BTC

Not available yet though. But yes, interesting to see. Keeping an eye on it.
Was available an hour ago and is now sold out.  I think the sold the alloted 30 in about 20 seconds.
Really?
Too bad I missed that.
Activity: 130
Was available an hour ago and is now sold out.  I think the sold the alloted 30 in about 20 seconds.

Yes, I completed my buy on the same minute it was opened.. even while, lost some time while writing a too long message in the info-field  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

2.4 BTC

2.4 BTC

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
When does the new group buy start?
Finally received my tracking ID.
The package was shipped 2 days late (on the 8th) and will be delivered on tuesday.

Thinking that it would've shipped on time, it would be here 2 business days earlier (yesterday) which in total costs me ~0.25 on mining income...
Activity: 336
ALSO, just checked all temperatures, including KNC, and the Ants and the Jup are all running sweet with nice moderate temps....
I will probably turn off a working unit....take its fan and install it on faulty unit to see if it even mines....I can get into the interface, but it will not mine...so it probably has some sort of fan/safety off switch. If it mines, then it is a simple fan replacement, which that is what i think it is...dam, my luck, I will check out the fan, I was reading about some bad PSU fans on one of these threads, and the guy ordered 2 that turned out to have bad fans, but the fans were not properly seat on the shaft, so he pushed the in further, they seated, and fans now spin and PSUs now work...so here is to hoping that my bad fan fixes as easy or else time to find a fan....I shall be back!

so my fan doesn't look too good....copper coil windings are all rusted up, when I first power up the unit, the fan looks like it wants to spin, but doesn't, it just slightly moves then nothing....so I need a fan...hopefully cleaning off the rust will help but doubt it Sad

so this rusted fan looked bad, and just won't work....yes a simple fan replacement yet NOT SO SIMPLE ....finding a 4 pin fan was not that easy....I stole it from my KNC JUPITER and now the ANT IS WORKING....and I put a temp. fan on the JUPITER.....knc saves my day again....hahahaha
Sushi...if you put on another group buy I promise to tip you this time.

Ok....when is the next group buy!?!??!?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

WD40?

Pages:
Jump to: