Pages:
Author

Topic: Compare pools: MiddleCoin/CleverMining/HashCows/WafflePool/Hashbros - page 3. (Read 25671 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 113

Might as well be; the whole point of the OP was to get what the website is giving you live.

There is no longer any point in waiting for the OP results.

yep agree. this is a good site !
Activity: 182

Might as well be; the whole point of the OP was to get what the website is giving you live.

There is no longer any point in waiting for the OP results.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Looks like cleavermining is the winner!!

Where's the final results?

+1   I really want to see them.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Where's the final results?
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Cleavermining  Grin

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Activity: 182
You can always parse http://poolpicker.eu/text.php, but that does not mean it works well in practice. There's a cost from switching, you need to consider unexchanged balance, your ping to those pools is certainly different, past performance doesn't guarantee the future, etc...

+1

Here is what I posted on the Middlecoin thread:

Actually this is a lot more difficult that it looks.

All of the information on payouts, etc. from that website are based on old (12+ hour) data.

You wouldn't be doing yourself any favors by switching to a pool that had a good payout YESTERDAY.

What you would need to do is get live data from the pools and then do a switch.

Then you must also keep in mind that most multi-pool's data is notoriously slow to get and unreliable.

But, it is a worthwhile venture.   Grin
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Poolpicker.eu

Is there an API? This would make it relatively easy to write a script to auto-change your miners to the highest profitability pool.
You can always parse http://poolpicker.eu/text.php, but that does not mean it works well in practice. There's a cost from switching, you need to consider unexchanged balance, your ping to those pools is certainly different, past performance doesn't guarantee the future, etc...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Poolpicker.eu

Is there an API? This would make it relatively easy to write a script to auto-change your miners to the highest profitability pool.
Activity: 84
Activity: 56

One interesting thing about wafflepool (that I think, ALL pools should DO) is that, they use password as a difficulty setting.

if you password is: "d=256" you will mine at a fixed 256 difficulty
fantastic!

Right now, perhaps temporarily or perhaps not, Wafflepool has changed that, and diff is now hardcoded at 512 as the operator
works on tweaking some things and improving profitability. More details can be found in the wafflepool thread.
Activity: 61
At least multi-pool doesn't pay in BTC. Maybe that is it  Huh
Activity: 57
Why was multipool.us not included in this comparison
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Interesting review, I reckon I know who wins but the clever scrypt-n switching idea might steal victory
Any final results yet?
Activity: 15

It automatically imports every 60 seconds already Smiley
something not work for me, write "can't open https://pool.trademybit.com"
Activity: 710
Merit: 502
Excellent post!
Very useful information
One interesting thing about wafflepool (that I think, ALL pools should DO) is that, they use password as a difficulty setting.

if you password is: "d=256" you will mine at a fixed 256 difficulty
fantastic!

I always hated the 1024 FIXED difficulty from middlecoin but take it, because the profits where good anyways.
Pages:
Jump to: