Pages:
Author

Topic: Compare pools: MiddleCoin/CleverMining/HashCows/WafflePool/Hashbros - page 5. (Read 25671 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
As I said elsewhere, don't let rejects scare you. Some coins naturally lead to high % of stales and lost work, due to fast block times. Pool operators compensate for stales when they choose coins, I hope.

There are scenarios where the above is false, like when you're too far from the pool or the pool's coin node is far from others (e.g. is mining a coin only popular in Asia) or when the pool operator didn't fine tune.

I can't even discuss well the reasons of rejects. What I'm trying to say is though, don't run away from higher payouts just because the miner software window looks ugly.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
CleverMining is supposed to have new EU server opening soon, which should ease reject rates for european miners. Even 15% rejection rate would be acceptable for me at CleverMining but atm I'm getting 20-30% (randomly spiking to 50%) each card, which has turned me to WafflePool untill EU server opens.
Activity: 37
What rejection rate are you getting with CleverMining?

An awefull lot 18.6% ....

So wait a minute your daily payout was More than Waffle even with those reject rates at clever? REason I turned to waffle is the Rejection scared me @ clever, so instead of wasting time i quickly moved to waffle.... I am now wondering if thaat was a good move. A tthe end f the day rejection or no rejection Payout is the key right?

I am keen to see your new results between Clever and Waffle these seem ro be the top dogs sso far as I hav been seeing in the last couple days of your tests

I too had high reject rates, > 20% on three different cards that are currently averaging < 4% on another pool. I didn't stay long. I'm curious how they're still able to make profit. There must be something inaccurate or something we don't know about those abnormally high reject rates.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
switch pools suck man, so does middlecoin, you lose over 30% of daily profits due to middlecoin trading habbits.

beware there are much better mining options.
Activity: 24
Careful with the results.. If everyone moves to clever they are going to suck too! It seems when a pool gets too large they cant sustain the smaller profitable coins.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

So wait a minute your daily payout was More than Waffle even with those reject rates at clever? REason I turned to waffle is the Rejection scared me @ clever, so instead of wasting time i quickly moved to waffle.... I am now wondering if thaat was a good move. A tthe end f the day rejection or no rejection Payout is the key right?

I am keen to see your new results between Clever and Waffle these seem ro be the top dogs sso far as I hav been seeing in the last couple days of your tests
Activity: 59

Activity: 630
Merit: 502
As we speak I'm splitting my farms up to Clever and Waffle, to get a better comparison without the balance function
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Great work gents keep the info comming
Activity: 18
Does the balancing feature work properly? I have tried it a few times with only 2 pools, and every time like 80% of my hashrate was going to pool 1, and 20% to the other pool, sometimes flipping around. In the end the hashrate was absolutely not balanced.

Maybe it would be better to really start a separate instance of cgminer for each pool?

I have the exact same problem. All work goes to the first pool and the others see lots of discarded. From irc:

12:02:39 - t00tie: Does anyone know how to mitigate "Discarded work due to new blocks: 42"? I can't get load-balance to work properly on pools with different difficulty
12:03:01 - kke: load balance on different coins is going to do that always
12:03:41 - kke: cgminer thinks they're the same coin and discards work on all pools when one stratum (even a failover stratum which is disabled) announces a block change
12:05:13 - kke: that's why the test where the dude had 50/50 middlecoin/hashcows was kind of bad
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
nice round up man, keep up the good work! post address for donations!

EDIT: silly me, just seen it in your sig...
I'm using CGwatcher on all my rigs, but not to switch pools. I like pools that do the trading to BTC for me, I don't want to manage 20 different tools or use shitty auto-trade features (looking at you Cryptsy)

Okay, the new PRELIMINARY results are in for 11 CET
CleverMining 0,0267
WafflePool 0,0253
Hashbros 0,0195
CoinSolver 0,0185
Hashcows 0,0172
MiddleCoin Amsterdam 0,0118

Interesting results here.
I dropped MiddleCoin EU from this experiment because my BTC address still doesn't show up. Also MC has really low return, I'm changing my farm to another pool. Unexpected Hashbros is in the top three. Just 12 more hours to go!
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Try Cgwatcher.   It will auto switch coins for you, its a program not a pool.   Gives more control

Im mystified you dont try multipool.us , send it to cryptsy on autosell and see if that pays better also.   Its the original and some say the best!
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
This post is so good! Well done! Awaiting For final verdict!
I was also looking into This pools And starter a list of all The profit-switching pools here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-profit-switching-mining-pools-for-scrypt-based-cryptocurrencies-455835
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I pointed my miner at clever mining and I started at 45% rejected after 1 hr i am at 23 % , I am out to waffle to check it out

By the way last I checked clever before bailing was 30% reject....

Waffle 10 minutes 0% Rejects
Activity: 27
Thanks for doing this. Nice to see my support of Clevermining is well placed so far.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Im very interested for some deeper results, awesome job!
Activity: 37
Update after 12.5 hours with megamultipool, 0.00025573 BTC/mhs/hr. Pretty disheartening and it's pretty tempting to just switch. But I'll hang on for another day or two and see JUST FOR YOU GUYS Cool ... Hoping to see a better spread over a longer period of time.

GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE!

Tell us your btc adress for some donations Smiley

It's right there in my sig dude! Here: 1PZkpadPyUNW7YR4nMobgvKg6nprkRH9bp

But my tracking had to start over unfortunately.. Had to deal with some optimization issues, cpu is freezing up every couple minutes with a new gpu and i'm troubleshooting. I'll keep y'all updated.
Activity: 378
Merit: 252
Update after 12.5 hours with megamultipool, 0.00025573 BTC/mhs/hr. Pretty disheartening and it's pretty tempting to just switch. But I'll hang on for another day or two and see JUST FOR YOU GUYS Cool ... Hoping to see a better spread over a longer period of time.

GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE!

Tell us your btc adress for some donations Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: