Pages:
Author

Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency? - page 10. (Read 11957 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
As according to bitcoin it has a long time hope for approximatly 20 to 25 years in the digital crypto curency world , no wonder at that time the technology may  be high by unimaginable height without any limit. These are the only fiction guesses.
Activity: 570
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is like the first step to the Moon so no, it won't disappear or be replaced, it is unique and it is the reason why people trust in blockchain technology. Bitcoin will always be Bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
In my own perception, bitcoin now a days is already popular and most outstanding cryptocurrency in the world of cryptocurrencies. It is already in the top above all and by its status and features, it is impossible for the other cryptocurrency to replace the bitcoin. 
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
No it can't be. Bitcoin really hard to beat down for now, when the whole community put the trust on it, 14k5$ for each bitcoin for now is the best proof.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
for now, there is no potential altcoin to replace bitcoin. but, I think we can not underestimate the potential of other altcoins. could appear altcoin that has a very big price in the future.
Anyone who wants to despair can just easily move to another alt as no one is really holding or forcing anyone not to do anything.

The truth here is that bitcoin has been able to experience a lot, the devs have been working through thick and thin and a lot has happened that we have been able to overcome, and then we expect another coin that has not even experienced anything to just gain the trusts of investors overnight which would end up being powerful than the trust that is already there for bitcoin ? It is one thing that would be very hard to see and we may never see.
No I don't think that any altcoin or cryptocurrency can replace bitcoin at the moment or in the coming future.Bitcoin has gained a new height and has made a lot of followers in the last eight years.It has almost reached $15,000.Investers of bitcoin have now gained a lot of profit.Moreover,all the other cryptocurrencies and altcoins are regulated according to bitcoin only.But yes we cannot predict the future.Anything can happen.
Activity: 186
i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
All is, bitcoin slowly dies and in its place come alternative and younger and dynamic coins. Therefore, altcoins is our next step in crypto-currencies and life.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
IMO i think it is very possible, with good marketing and platform i believe at some point there will be a new kind of crypto currency that could beat bitcoin as our technology is always progressing.
Yes it’s possible, but the chances of another cryptocurrency replacing Bitcoin as the number one is like 10%/100% , which means that it is less likely to happen. And don’t tell me is all about good market, cause all of them are into good marketing, no one would like to be into bad marketing, or would you? No you won’t. The thing is that people have chosen Bitcoin as their first choice, and that’s how it will remain, until they change their choice.
Activity: 406
Bitcoin can not replace a centralized currency. But it can become an alternative. People will now have a choice and they will be able to use both crypto and fiat
Activity: 267
At first I thought it was impossible for Bitcoin to be replaced since it is the first cryptocurrency, but you are right, some altcoins may have better features than Bitcoin and people may prefer them instead.

Here's an analogy, lets imagine all cryptocurrencies are like mobile phones. Bitcoin is Nokia, and started the mobile phone trend. And soon after everyone started using Nokia. But brands like Blackberry, Samsung and Apple soon created their own phones, and Apple made a major breakthrough with a touchscreen function, where everyone gradually switched to that after a while, and now Nokia is outdated.

Bitcoin has our trust now, but other cryptocurrencies might overtake BTC in the future. Smiley

Yes, I too see the potential of alt coins replacing bitcoin. Right now the biggest issue with bitcoin is its sluggish transaction, although bitcoin was intended to be a payment system, how can this possible be a payment system when its transaction speed is extremely slow. THEN altcoins comes in.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Regarding this topic i'm thinking that Ethereum has some good chances to reach or even replace bitcoin but at this point nobody knows what would happen in the marketplace.
Activity: 238
Merit: 112
For now, there is no potential altcoin to replace bitcoin. But, I think we can not underestimate the potential of other altcoins. could appear altcoin that has a very big price in the future.
Anyone who wants to despair can just easily move to another alt as no one is really holding or forcing anyone not to do anything. The truth here is that bitcoin has been able to experience a lot, the devs have been working through thick and thin and a lot has happened that we have been able to overcome, and then we expect another coin that has not even experienced anything to just gain the trusts of investors overnight which would end up being powerful than the trust that is already there for bitcoin ? It is one thing that would be very hard to see and we may never see.

It could happen, and it could not happen. It depends on future circumstances and technological developments in the future. If a cryptocurrency or a more sophisticated solution from Bitcoin might occur, it might happen. But for the current cryptocurrency, it seems impossible. We know that the current highest cryptocurrency price is Bitcoin and Ethereum. The price of Ethereum when compared to Bitcoin is very different and the price increase is also very different. But there are some people who say that the development of protocols could make Ethereum's price go beyond Bitcoin sometime in the future. I'm not too sure of this.
Activity: 434
If bitcoin will grow as fast as it is now, then soon all alto coins will die. People will stop taking interest in them, because they become cheaper. Everyone will invest in Bitcoin
Activity: 149
I think it's hard to replace bitcoin right now because bitcoin is so popular. Bitcoin is also the first digital currency and it's hard to replace it. I'm not sure there will be another coin replacing bitcoin.

At the moment I don't see any coin replacing or overtaking Bitcoin. Bitcoin is well far away from being replaced. Recently people do talk about few Altcoins which has potential to overtake and yes everything is possible, but its just prediction and guessing.

Ethereum does everything bitcoin does and then more, it is used for a wide variety of things where bitcoin isn't ideal.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 250
I think it's hard to replace bitcoin right now because bitcoin is so popular. Bitcoin is also the first digital currency and it's hard to replace it. I'm not sure there will be another coin replacing bitcoin.

At the moment I don't see any coin replacing or overtaking Bitcoin. Bitcoin is well far away from being replaced. Recently people do talk about few Altcoins which has potential to overtake and yes everything is possible, but its just prediction and guessing.
Activity: 384
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
for now, there is no potential altcoin to replace bitcoin. but, I think we can not underestimate the potential of other altcoins. could appear altcoin that has a very big price in the future.
Anyone who wants to despair can just easily move to another alt as no one is really holding or forcing anyone not to do anything.

The truth here is that bitcoin has been able to experience a lot, the devs have been working through thick and thin and a lot has happened that we have been able to overcome, and then we expect another coin that has not even experienced anything to just gain the trusts of investors overnight which would end up being powerful than the trust that is already there for bitcoin ? It is one thing that would be very hard to see and we may never see.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Activity: 250
Merit: 105
i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
Well, yeah i think so. There is a possibility that bitcoin can be replaced by other cryptocurrency if these currency becomes more powerful than bitcoin. Today, bitcoin is considered as the most powerful cryptocurrency, this is where cryptocurrency starts. There are people who keeps on fighting bitcoin, but still bitcoin is very strong. Bitcoin, no matter what happens will be the first cryptocurrwncy we've known, if it'll be replaced by other then it will be great thing to others who prefer other cryptocurrency than bitcoin.
Activity: 546
The possibility of bitcoin being replaced by another cryptocurrency is very difficult. Because I think bitcoin is the first virtual currency and also
the platform for other currencies to appear. Although now, slow mining process and high fees, etc... are also due to the high bitcoin prices,
it is perfectly reasonable.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Yes I think it's possible. In the future when Bitcoin transaction will take too much time to complete and mining difficulty of Bitcoin rise too high I think there will be another altcoin will replace Bitcoin to be the best cryptocurrency and it must be ETH
Pages:
Jump to: