Pages:
Author

Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency? - page 5. (Read 11957 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Bitcoins are not replaced by other digital currencies. The first name of bitcoin to become a digital currency is caused by a certain world environment and a certain coincidence. The results are not replicable. In the revolution without another digital currency, bitcoin is unique!
Being first in the crypto market, bitcoins have some superior features that are not found in any other coin, although bitcoins and other coins and same strategy of work, same work frame but the beauty that bitcoins had showed in the past was never shown by any other coin. That is the reason I think bitcoins are more likely to dominate the market in future too against other coins.
To be honest, this question was very amused to me, because I do not know what cleverness It can catch up with Bitcoin or At the extreme case catch up with the price that Bitcoin has to date.
I agree with you maybe the price cannot be replaced but other things can like bitcoin is the first and that means it is old if someone came with a better advanced one it could get more attention but the price will never be as high as with bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
Of course it can be replaced, being original doesn't mean being the best. The secret of bitcoin's popularity is all the hype around it. Just open your eyes and see how many ambitiotus projects use other more sophisticated blockchains!
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Blockchain with a Purpose
No,Bitcoin couldn't replaced by another crypto currency. I think, in the world Bitcoin is known as the mother of all crypto currency. It is more profitable than all other crypto currency and the people who is related to crypto currency world know this information very well.So,it is impossible to replace Bitcoin by other crypto currency

Bitcoin is really the original and other altcoins are just after the bitcoin. thta is why they are called altcoins which is stands for alternate coins of bitcoin because they can never be a bitcoin. Even though they have a great value but still they cannot beat the bitcoin.
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

I think for the future altcoin will also be able to rival the bitcoin glory because now it is very much altcoin that attract people one of them ethereum and nxt, so I'm sure both will be able to compete with bitcoin in the future .
Activity: 364
For my experience and attachments with the crypto market i will say that bitcoin will not replaced by any other coin in the market because the use of bitcoin is high while if we look at the altcoins in the present time the buyers are less than the bitcoin and that's why they bitcoin is highly valuable in the market for now. We are not so much aware of the future whether the people interest will more or become less to the bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

Will in my opinion its possible many currrency are now show up no bdy know those token will up next to bitcoin.They all say everything goes up must go down.But  if bitcoin will replace my predicyion is ethereum will be on top.. its only prediction...but who knows... ethereum have many investor and ico and trading are using them...
Activity: 392
If the price of bitcoin is not going down, bitcoin will stay on the top and never be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is the most popular crypto currency though and the price is also very expensive for a price of a coin. If bitcoin fall, i think bitcoin cash and ethereum can replace bitcoin
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
if it continue to fall its price i think yes because people are after of the high price..nobody wants to earn a small profit only
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hopefully the lightning network gets up and running along with an increase in block size.

Bitcoin has a lot of problems, but I dont think another coin will just emerge and replace it unless there is a strong and substantial backing from relevant sources.

As others have stated, the fees are too high, but if any other coin had the same market dominance that bitcoin has, their transaction fees would be high as well.

And obviously, if another coin replaced bitcoin, it would mean to some extent that bitcoin failed, which means that the only coin with ‘brand recognition’ by the general consumer had failed, which would be bad for the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 224
I thin that there are too many and so many alternative cryptocurrencies out there.But i think that even if there are too many alts out there i think that bitcoins can never be replaced by other cryptos.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
As of the moment i don't think some altcoins can overtake bitcoin because bitcoin now is well established and it has a lot of supporters and investors. I agree too that it's impossible for some coins now to reach it's price and support but who knows in the future there is one altcoin that will follow the path of bitcoin in terms of price.
The only way for an alt to surpass bitcoin will be to solve some of the issues that has plagued the bitcoin network for a long time, and that is the high fees that are a huge problem right now, many coins promise that but the devs of those coins are simply lying or exaggerating to get more investors.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
I don't think that bitcoin can be replaced by any other cyprtocurrency at this stage. We can see bitcoin cash rising a bit, but it will probably die out soon. The maximum I could see bitcoin cash in is as a great altcoin, such as ethereum. At this stage of the game, I wouldnt say that bitcoin needs to fear of any real competition. The future should be bright for bitcoin!

Nothing is impossible because of the technological advances this days. Someday someone may develop a new crypto currency that can surpass the bitcoin that we have now. Something better and even more interesting. We cannot deny that many people are into bitcoin and someone maybe tempted to compete.
Activity: 238
I don't think that bitcoin can be replaced by any other cyprtocurrency at this stage. We can see bitcoin cash rising a bit, but it will probably die out soon. The maximum I could see bitcoin cash in is as a great altcoin, such as ethereum. At this stage of the game, I wouldnt say that bitcoin needs to fear of any real competition. The future should be bright for bitcoin!
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
Perhaps yes, because one of the example of it was Sweden, were they are planning to extinct their paper money/fiat to their country for the coming 2023, meaning they will use digital and credit card as payment or to buy anything.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Until this week, I would have said no, but now the prices are just way too high and the fees are way too high too. There isn't anything that BTC can do that LTC can't. Not only that, I think privacy and being untraceable will be a bigger and bigger concern in the coming years. I see the crypto investment community splitting in 2 major directions:

1. Scalability and government approval (Cardano, Ripple, Waves, Stratis)
2. Privacy focused (Monero, Verge, XSPEC, ZEN, Onion)

BTC won't be replaced by just one thing, it will be replaced by a cluster. The absolute monarch (BTC) will fall to the council of oligarchs (top alts). This is much like the historical cycles of governments.
Ethereum is far away from bitcoin and it is not capable of leading bitcoin not in the near future or far future. Bitcoin is the sole successful survivor of crypto market. It is the oldest digital currency and has very deep roots in the crypto market.

Ethereum is a kid as compared to bitcoin and this coin needs a lot of improvement in order to meet the position of bitcoin. I am sure that bitcoin will continue the reign of legacy.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
Well it's hard to predict what will happennext but those digital coins has a potential next to bitcoin but it's difficult to replace bitcoin so easily because what bitcoin done so far is hard to surpass.
People keep talking about the next bitcoin and they have been talking about that since bitcoin was created and yet no coin is even close to that, it seem obvious to me that  a coin that can surpass bitcoin is not very easy to create because if that was the case that coin should have been created already, this gives me confidence about the investment I made in bitcoin and that is why I keep investing in bitcoin despite the high price.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
Bitcoins are not replaced by other digital currencies. The first name of bitcoin to become a digital currency is caused by a certain world environment and a certain coincidence. The results are not replicable. In the revolution without another digital currency, bitcoin is unique!
Being first in the crypto market, bitcoins have some superior features that are not found in any other coin, although bitcoins and other coins and same strategy of work, same work frame but the beauty that bitcoins had showed in the past was never shown by any other coin. That is the reason I think bitcoins are more likely to dominate the market in future too against other coins.
To be honest, this question was very amused to me, because I do not know what cleverness It can catch up with Bitcoin or At the extreme case catch up with the price that Bitcoin has to date.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I think there will be a chance for that situation happens if users refuse to use Bitcoins. ETH would be replace Bitcoin with the advantage of smart contracts.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion
I don't think it will be replaced, as it's too strong; more probable, there will rise other crypto currencies more "specialized" in differerent economy sectors.
Pages:
Jump to: