Pages:
Author

Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency? - page 4. (Read 11957 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
I predict that crypto can replace Bitcoin in the future, it is definitely Ethereum, as this crypto overcomes many of the disadvantages Bitcoin is facing. In addition, all of the existing altcoins on the trading floor have a network of links to Ethereum, so transaction fees will be cheaper than Bitcoin trading. I hope ETH will replace Bitcoin as the # 1 currency in the market.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
We'll see. bitcoin has a strong brand, but also well known structural problem.
And at present is useless as currency, due to high fees and long processing time.
The problems you are talking about are not only with bitcoin. Many other crypto currencies are subjected to these issues and this is because of their high demands. Transactions are taking time because too many people are now doing transactions at the same time.

I am sure these issues will be resolved soon but that does not mean you can use such a rude word ‘useless’ for bitcoin when it is the most expensive currency.
It is on the issue of which cryptocurrency can mining.
Ripple does not have this problem, so, when I know Ripple can use for payment within short time confirmation my hash, I always use it instead of Bitcoin or Ethereum.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
And at present is useless as currency, due to high fees and long processing time.
The problems you are talking about are not only with bitcoin. Many other crypto currencies are subjected to these issues and this is because of their high demands. Transactions are taking time because too many people are now doing transactions at the same time.

I am sure these issues will be resolved soon but that does not mean you can use such a rude word ‘useless’ for bitcoin when it is the most expensive currency.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
In this world of cryptocurrency anything is possible to happen. Even by now it's hard to say what alts can surpass btc achievement when it to market capitalization and when it will happen, we don't know we just find ourselves someday regretting not believing in that one alts that has already huge value that bitcoin before.
Anything can happen in this world.Either bitcoin can rule the market or it can be replaced by another cryptocurrency.But seeing the current position of Bitcoin in the market,we can say that it is very difficult for any other cryptocurrency to overtake Bitcoin.Bitcoin is the leading cryptocurrency now and it has established its roots very well.From the last 9 years it has attained new height.More and more people are now enrolling themselves in Bitcoin as a profit margin is very large and more than any other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 532
Merit: 257
A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE
In this world of cryptocurrency anything is possible to happen. Even by now it's hard to say what alts can surpass btc achievement when it to market capitalization and when it will happen, we don't know we just find ourselves someday regretting not believing in that one alts that has already huge value that bitcoin before.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
There is no precise prediction. Forks have destroyed the trust of many people. But clearly BTC remains a king now and for the future.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Although it is not possible now, it should be in the near future. It is not possible now because there is no strong currency from Bitcoin. According to the price it comes from all. But the bad news is that the price increases and decreases.
Activity: 336
Merit: 20
Maybe, we never know some crypto currencies may come up with better features to compete bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
I'm sure 90% of users here believe that it's impossible to replace bitcoin with another coin, but I have to say that everything can happen, for example, like Ethereum that keeps showing good performance and lots of big companies that support ETH.
Well, for now, it seems impossible for any of the competitors to replace bitcoin since the currency had gathered a lot of popularity and attracted many all across the globe. All of its sudden hike had outdistanced the rest of its competitors which made it quite impossible for anyone to beat this currency. The currency could only be replaced if a more powerful and stronger contestant enters the market or people starts supporting its rival currencies. But till then I believe bitcoin will be going to retain its charm and that for quite long...
Activity: 586
Merit: 250
I'm sure 90% of users here believe that it's impossible to replace bitcoin with another coin, but I have to say that everything can happen, for example, like Ethereum that keeps showing good performance and lots of big companies that support ETH.
Activity: 854
Looking at the exchange rate at the moment, I believe Bitcoin will never exceed the $ 20,000 mark due to its shortcomings and limitations. The future of the cryptocurrency market is that ETH will replace Bitcoin because of most of the altcoins, as well as the ICO, have the same network as ETH. So Bitcoin will be replaced by ETH in the future seems to happen.
I do not agree with you ... ETH or another altcoin, will never replace bitcoin ,, because bitcoin is very strong and will not wobble .. ETH or other altcoin will always be under bitcoin ,,
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Marketplace for sensor data
Looking at the exchange rate at the moment, I believe Bitcoin will never exceed the $ 20,000 mark due to its shortcomings and limitations. The future of the cryptocurrency market is that ETH will replace Bitcoin because of most of the altcoins, as well as the ICO, have the same network as ETH. So Bitcoin will be replaced by ETH in the future seems to happen.
Activity: 186
Probably, and ethereum is the main candidate; but bitcoin is very strong branded, so I don't thik there will be any replacement in the next future.
Activity: 168
Merit: 120
i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
Well in my opinion, yes there a chance that maybe bitcoin will be replace by another coin in the future.
But I think it takes a long period time before that happen.
And I think that will be happen that means bitcoin is dead.
Because I believe that in time bitcoin will improve, and be better than before.
Everycoin has a chance to improve, even bitcoin can be better and remain on top.
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
Maybe there are tons of crypto currency right now maybe one of them could replace bitcoin.
Maybe in the future there would be a crypto currency that would take over the place of bitcoin and become the number one crypto currency.
Activity: 273
Merit: 11
It's possible, due to present bitcoin's difficulties, but  I don't think it will replaced so fast: the public just now start to accept the idea of cryptocurrency, and bitcoin is the only know, for the moment.
Activity: 186
Activity: 182
I'm not sire that btc can be replaced by another coin for the time beeing. But in the future it's possible. The fact that it's getting harder to mine will only add to its value, but the high transaction fees and the time it needs to be processed its a big issue, so it might be replaced in the future
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Bitcoin has the brand recognition. No altcoin can take that away from it. For most people there is only Bitcoin, they don't even know other cryptocurrencies exist.
Activity: 526
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
that might happen. Actually the fees for digging bitcoins are quite large and you have to spend a lot of time digging bitcoins. But bitcoin has had a pretty successful year of very strong price increases, which makes bitcoin a lot of people know and invest in it. It is possible to infer the bitcoin is a lot of people trust to invest in and of course its price will also improve. So it takes a lot of time to get to bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: