Pages:
Author

Topic: Count down to Iran invasion - page 5. (Read 41923 times)

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000
Crypto Geek
August 16, 2013, 08:01:24 PM
Bit disappointed the way I suggested profit out of the news and everybody ignored it and starting moaning politics again
Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
August 14, 2013, 03:48:09 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 14, 2013, 02:44:16 PM
Your conspiracy theories about how banks control the world and about how "the man" is going to get us is not evidence. You necroed this post just to bring up the same evidence you had years ago, which is nothing. I have not only proven that a war with Iran makes no sense, but I have also proven that the US is no more a warmonger than any other country.

Also, how do the banks profit from the US' demise? Did the Weimar Republic's banks benefit from WWI?

The allies were hit with demands from the bankers who funded Germany. That is the rule in warfare. The winner pays the bills of the loser, else the banks will fund their destruction as well, just as Rothschild did for England and France which ended at Waterloo, where Rothschild manipulated the market with the first intelligence of the battle outcome from his network of spies. You see, the banks funded both England and France, but they funded England more so they had a better chance of winning. In weimar/germany, the allies needed to recoup because they were already poor from depression and war, so we overtook all industry, forcing massive taxation and inflation. Took wheelbarrow-fulls of cash to buy a meal. People would get paid at lunch and take off work immediately to spend it all because the value of their paper was decreasing exponentially, daily.

The german banks benefited by being the conduits that wealth flowed through back to the bankers who funded the loans for the war, which the allies were not responsible for, plus all that nice juicy high interest on the loan (25%-35%).

Thats the basic cribnotes version, but the same thing happened many times before then, and still does to this very day. Heck, its how cash we have in our pockets is created, but instead of a loan for war, its a treasury bond - a loan on the full faith and credit of the nation wanting to print it.
Here's what I know of the war and the aftermath:

The German banks gave out a ton of loans during the war to pay for weapons and such. The government did not tax the people very much extra during the war because they believed that they would win in the end, and that they could get reparations from the Triple Entente when the war was over.

Of course, even if militarily the Germans were winning, they conceded to the Entente and thus had to pay reparations. This caused those loans to backfire, because they were so excessive that the people could not afford to pay both the Entente and the banks.* The Germans had been relying on their victory, which while stupid, is to be expected as they had won on the eastern front and were "winning" on the western as well.

*Now, there's debate on whether or not Germany could actually pay back these loans. The Entente gave three categories for repayment: A, B, and C. C by far had the most money owed, but it didn't matter because the Entente did not expect the Germans to be able to repay it. It was more propaganda for the French public. A and B were a combined total of 50 million marks, 1 million less than what Germany had wanted to pay. With the loans there is an extra burden, but it should not have been as hard as the Germans made it be.

Germany refused to have high taxes on its people (due to the people and the government's refusal to believe that they lost), and for the most part, was paying its reparations (while industry increased, even under occupation) until 1922, when the French pulled out of Dusseldorf. With no incentive to keep paying, Germany defaulted on reparations or simply paid less, causing the value of the mark to plummet as Germany's credit took a hit.

The hyperinflation still had not taken effect, although it was in the works. Instead, it was the occupation of the Ruhr which caused Germany to not care, and the government began printing money to pay off of the "expenses" of the occupation (even though there was barely a change in profits).

Germany never repaid those reparations until fairly recently (they paid back WWII reparations before WWI reparations) so it's safe to say that those banks did not get their money back.

TL;DR

-German banks make loan
-People default/can't pay
-German government screws the mark
-German banks lose

Also, when you say "Allies" do you mean the Triple Alliance? Or are you referring to the Entente by the name they would have in WWII?
Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
August 14, 2013, 01:57:06 PM
Your conspiracy theories about how banks control the world and about how "the man" is going to get us is not evidence. You necroed this post just to bring up the same evidence you had years ago, which is nothing. I have not only proven that a war with Iran makes no sense, but I have also proven that the US is no more a warmonger than any other country.

Also, how do the banks profit from the US' demise? Did the Weimar Republic's banks benefit from WWI?

The allies were hit with demands from the bankers who funded Germany. That is the rule in warfare. The winner pays the bills of the loser, else the banks will fund their destruction as well, just as Rothschild did for England and France which ended at Waterloo, where Rothschild manipulated the market with the first intelligence of the battle outcome from his network of spies. You see, the banks funded both England and France, but they funded England more so they had a better chance of winning. In weimar/germany, the allies needed to recoup because they were already poor from depression and war, so we overtook all industry, forcing massive taxation and inflation. Took wheelbarrow-fulls of cash to buy a meal. People would get paid at lunch and take off work immediately to spend it all because the value of their paper was decreasing exponentially, daily.

The german banks benefited by being the conduits that wealth flowed through back to the bankers who funded the loans for the war, which the allies were not responsible for, plus all that nice juicy high interest on the loan (25%-35%).

Thats the basic cribnotes version, but the same thing happened many times before then, and still does to this very day. Heck, its how cash we have in our pockets is created, but instead of a loan for war, its a treasury bond - a loan on the full faith and credit of the nation wanting to print it.
August 13, 2013, 09:13:41 AM

The US exported $8,760,000,000 worth of military equipment last year. This is compared to the $10+ billion worth of military-grade soybeans exported to China alone. The US truly is an exporter of death and destruction, but mostly soybeans.

Does that include military equipment that explodes on delivery?

No, it doesn't. Those soybeans however are deadly.

Yes that joke was especially funny the second time. World war is hilarious.

You seem unwilling to understand government is a host being hollowed out by private interests. The GOVERNMENT doesn't need to profit, the government needs to spend (on behalf of the taxpayers). A select few in the BANKING AND FINANCIAL systems are sitting back and watching everyone rip each other apart and profiting from every link in the chain. They are trying to put you in debt to build a global prison, both of which you can never escape. I am sure you think this is quite unreasonable and fantastical, but the noose is already being slipped around your neck. When the rest of the world has finally had enough, the US will end up like Germany after WW3 hollowed out and broken, shamed in front of the world, having our assets stripped and future earnings taken from our children for reparations to countries we harmed and debts these wars created.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
August 12, 2013, 03:55:31 AM
Yeah right, Iran always says this mumbo jumbo bullshit always saying that they're planning an attack on the U.S but nothing ever happens. Bunch of pussies  Roll Eyes

When did they say such a thing?

It seems to me it's quite the opposite: The Yankees – you Yankees? – are saying they're planning an attack – hey, man, read the topic! – and nothing has happened, yet.

Also, the Yankees – you Yankees? – haven't attacked any country recently. Are you getting soft or something? Cheesy Cheesy
We shoot chunks out of Libyans while we wipe our eyes after waking up.

We start to stretch, and a dozen more Iraqi children have been born with lethal deformities from depleted uranium munitions.

By the time we're done with our stretches, we've already killed a dozen Pakastani children by dropping wooden boxes full of Coalition propaganda without functional parachutes.

We head to the bathroom, and we shit out the dead Pakastani children onto Kim Il Whatever's face.

We take our shower and piss on the Afghanis.

We dry ourselves off just so it hurts more when we skull-fuck the Sudanese.

We have battalions ready to shit down your throat whether you live in India, Colombia, Georgia, Poland, France, or Saudi Arabia before we sit down to our first fucking bowl of cereal! You think we're soft?! We'll grind your fucking bones up, mix it in with HFCS, and force-feed it to your mourning family at your fucking funeral before we rape and murder the lot of them! So if you would kindly shut the fuck up, MAYBE... we'll be able... to calm the fuck down.
Activity: 336
Merit: 140
August 12, 2013, 03:23:27 AM
Yeah right, Iran always says this mumbo jumbo bullshit always saying that they're planning an attack on the U.S but nothing ever happens. Bunch of pussies  Roll Eyes

When did they say such a thing?

It seems to me it's quite the opposite: The Yankees – you Yankees? – are saying they're planning an attack – hey, man, read the topic! – and nothing has happened, yet.

Also, the Yankees – you Yankees? – haven't attacked any country recently. Are you getting soft or something? Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 11, 2013, 08:32:56 PM
Activity: 900
Merit: 1000
Crypto Geek
August 11, 2013, 06:28:35 PM
OK folks. Looking at the news it looks like Iran is conquered now.

So, how can we intimidate benefit from this? Any investment tips which match up with Iran getting back on track now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehran_Stock_Exchange#Exemptions
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IRR&view=10Y
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=XAU&to=IRR&view=10Y

This has been really interesting:
- they pay (paid) less tax than us
- they had less inflation than us (before sanctions)
- Tehran stock exchange was doing extremely well before sanctions
- massive spike loss in value on
- I can see USD:IRR price charted in some places but also read in other that USA tried to stop IRR use
Activity: 336
Merit: 140
August 11, 2013, 02:33:39 PM
Has anyone here ever read Niccolò Machiavellis' Il Principe?

Conquering a republic – including an Islamic one – is very difficult and requires eliminating a large part of the populace before the entire populace is driven into compliance by fear of poverty, torture, death, and/or similar. Considering that presidential elections have recently been held in the Islamic Republic of Iran, the majority of the people of that state would very eagerly – and due to government propaganda more probably fanatically – as in holy war – fight any invading force – even the ones who voted for some other candidate.

One should understand that they are relatively the same type of democracy as e. g. the United States of America (USA). In the Islamic Republic of Iran, certain parties – I don't know which – are banned. In the United States of America (USA), certain parties – e. g. Communist Party USA – were persecuted and/or are banned. In the Islamic Republic of Iran, the repression is presently official and transparent; in the United States of America (USA), it is covert and subtle. In all actuality, there is true freedom in neither. They would defend their state less than the people of the United States of America (USA), but sufficiently to resist an invading force.

Note that the Iranian Revolution occurred due to the 1953 coup d'état – orchestrated by the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS) of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) of the United States of America (USA) – which overthrew the democratically-elected prime minister, Mohammad Mosaddegh.

I am sure the people of the Islamic Republic of Iran prefer structures within their own society repressing them rather than the people of the United States of America (USA) repressing plus exploiting them. Motto: I am an American; I've come to (en)s(l)ave you! One "might be surprised", but I bet the average Iranian is able to think with their pocket as much as an American.

The Islamic Republic of Iran can only be transformed into a pro-Iranian non-Islamic state without eliminating a large part of the population. That – of course – would not achieve the economic goals of the United States of America (USA) and would place the situation back into 1951 – when Mohammad Mosaddegh was elected. This can be achieved by eliminating all Islamists. However, it is still questionable how Iranian non-Islamists would react to their Islamist citizens – a large part of the population, if not even the majority – being slaughtered by an invading force, especially considering that their Islamic views may be liberal, but not non-existent.

As for their relations with the Republic of Israel… well, many countries traditionally hate each other. Of course, the situation between the Republic of Israel and the Islamic Republic of Iran is due to religious bias of both parties plus the current repression and enslavement of the Republic of Palestine by the Republic of Israel. Note that the two territories were separated by the United Nations in 1948, but both parties wanted their own state ruling both territories, which resulted in multiple wars.
Activity: 238
August 10, 2013, 10:37:06 PM
Israel will make the first move.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
August 09, 2013, 05:27:10 PM

The US exported $8,760,000,000 worth of military equipment last year. This is compared to the $10+ billion worth of military-grade soybeans exported to China alone. The US truly is an exporter of death and destruction, but mostly soybeans.

Yes that joke was especially funny the second time. World war is hilarious.

You seem unwilling to understand government is a host being hollowed out by private interests. The GOVERNMENT doesn't need to profit, the government needs to spend (on behalf of the taxpayers). A select few in the BANKING AND FINANCIAL systems are sitting back and watching everyone rip each other apart and profiting from every link in the chain. They are trying to put you in debt to build a global prison, both of which you can never escape. I am sure you think this is quite unreasonable and fantastical, but the noose is already being slipped around your neck. When the rest of the world has finally had enough, the US will end up like Germany after WW3 hollowed out and broken, shamed in front of the world, having our assets stripped and future earnings taken from our children for reparations to countries we harmed and debts these wars created.

August 09, 2013, 10:31:13 AM

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
August 09, 2013, 10:24:47 AM

August 09, 2013, 09:21:35 AM

I thought we were talking about modern times. And eight years before that the Iranians supported the Nazis, so who started the aggression?

Did I say the money comes from defense or did I say our largest export after garbage is defense? While clearly we don't profit from exporting garbage, no one would deny a lot of it leaves US borders. The same goes for defense SPENDING, not sales. Remember it doesn't have to be profitable if they can spend into endless debt tacked onto tax payers who can never repay. The bankers still get their cut from the volume of money flow and various investment instruments. I suggest you look at US military and economic aid, both forms of spending, you will see military aid alone outpaces your soybean export figure. Don't forget that does not include commercial defense sales exports.

https://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1299.pdf
http://breakingdefense.com/2012/03/16/the-military-imbalance-how-the-u-s-outspends-the-world/

Wait, so first it was about profit, but now it doesn't matter if the US profits? I showed that soybeans and Walmart are bigger industries domestic and foreign and you say that doesn't matter?

You said:

It is a fact war is profitable

But then you turned your argument around:

Remember it doesn't have to be profitable

If war is not profitable, why do it? Who wins exactly? I thought that the government wanted money. Seems like the best option would be to build Walmarts, not bombs.

After all, Walmart is more profitable. Weapons manufacturers can't compare.

Yes, our spending is high, but that's because we have more than double the gdp of any other country on the planet. Our % spending is more reasonable. It's about the same as Russia (4.7% and 4.4% respectively), another major country. If we compare to the middle east, we spend less money on defense than some countries, such as Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Jordan, and Israel. Syria and Yemen are also very close at 4.0% and 3.9%.

In case you're wondering, Iran does spend much less than us at 1.8%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

It would appear that the US does not spend an unreasonable amount on defense in terms of percentage.

In fact, the highest country is Eritrea at 20.9%. Eritrea, oppressor of all of humanity.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
August 09, 2013, 05:57:02 AM
Show me an example of the US hurting any Iranian. And your source has to be legitimate, not a conspiracy theory. And Israel is not the US, so I don't care what they do.

I can do better, I can show the US hurting MANY Iranians:  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_sanctions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

Actually, the majority of US domestic money comes from oil, and Walmart. No joke, Walmart is the second highest grossing company in the US, after Exxon Mobil. I guess that Walmart does sell guns, so you're kind of right. Fannie Mae is also up there on the list of "defense" companies that makes the US' money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_States

The US exports mainly industrial machinery and supplies.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/03/14/148460268/what-america-sells-to-the-world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_industry#World.27s_largest_defense_budgets

Those are some actual facts. Do with them what you will.

Did I say the money comes from defense or did I say our largest export after garbage is defense? While clearly we don't profit from exporting garbage, no one would deny a lot of it leaves US borders. The same goes for defense SPENDING, not sales. Remember it doesn't have to be profitable if they can spend into endless debt tacked onto tax payers who can never repay. The bankers still get their cut from the volume of money flow and various investment instruments. I suggest you look at US military and economic aid, both forms of spending, you will see military aid alone outpaces your soybean export figure. Don't forget that does not include commercial defense sales exports.

https://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1299.pdf
http://breakingdefense.com/2012/03/16/the-military-imbalance-how-the-u-s-outspends-the-world/
August 08, 2013, 11:37:01 AM

My evidence is that they ARE CURRENTLY in a war with Iran. I have been posting evidence of this from the first post.
I don't know how you define war, but in my book destroying the economy, overthrowing and occupying the surrounding region, blowing up military facilities, reactors, scientists, and generals count as war.

Show me an example of the US hurting any Iranian. And your source has to be legitimate, not a conspiracy theory. And Israel is not the US, so I don't care what they do.

Spend a little more time analyzing the information provided and less time interpreting it  to serve your own confirmation bias. It is a fact war is profitable. What is the number 1 export of the USA after garbage? DEFENSE. They don't need to win a war with Iran to profit, they just have to spend money attacking them in various ways. It is a very convenient system for placing debt on the tax payers (read slaves) that can never be repaid, while funneling money into various defense industries set up by cronies of the people who enacted the legislation to provide the funding from the tax slavers. I know right? It is crazy. Who would have thought that people would get together in a vast conspiracy to make money at the expense of others. Completely unbelievable.

Actually, the majority of US domestic money comes from oil, and Walmart. No joke, Walmart is the second highest grossing company in the US, after Exxon Mobil. I guess that Walmart does sell guns, so you're kind of right. Fannie Mae is also up there on the list of "defense" companies that makes the US' money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_States

The US exports mainly industrial machinery and supplies.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/03/14/148460268/what-america-sells-to-the-world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_industry#World.27s_largest_defense_budgets

Those are some actual facts. Do with them what you will.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
August 06, 2013, 05:45:28 AM
The issue, as outlined in the wikipedia entry, is that they aren't using Federal Reserve Notes to transact their oil internationally.

Of course they don't. We don't trade with them. If the US cares so much about what currency they use, why did we place an embargo on them?

You're saying that it makes sense for the US to invade their country, leading to US deaths, negative public opinion, and a debilitated Iranian economy just so that they use USD instead of the Euro? That is not sound logic.

I think it would make more sense for the US to just lift the embargo. Why go to war?

It's irrelevant whether the United States trades with Iran;  it's a currency issue.  Exporting Federal Reserve notes maintains the value of the US dollar, and the United States uses military force to ensure that the US dollar stays as the world reserve currencthrough the Petrodollar.

For those who seek some enlightenment on the issue, I suggest listening to John Perkins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oARBdBtGenM

The Europeans also embargoed Iran (pressured by the US). Do you think the US would allow Iran to trade Oil for EUR? No way!

Very interesting, thanks for the link. Follow the incentive...
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
August 05, 2013, 10:13:39 PM

You seem to be operating under the assumption that the government has public interest in mind. This is about protecting private business, and the current corrupt failing financial system long enough for them to collapse it profitably. They don't care about the United States, or its people, or any people or nation for that matter. This is about 1 thing, same as in every other war. Profit. The US, China, and Russia are on an economic and resource based collision course. One or more nations must change its consumption habits quickly or else there will not be enough resources to go around. This is a fact. This is first a game by the capital holders, second the world being made to dance and climb over each other for the privilege of things like clean water and nontoxic food. If they have to burn down the world to make a profit they will.

I was going to go through each point individually, but then I realized I don't have to. Your argument has been that the US will go to war. Your "evidence" is that politicians are evil, and that they're going to somehow make a profit off of a war with Iran. This is not real evidence. It is simply your opinion.

Where is actual proof?

Actually, I don't need actual proof, since I don't think that we'll find it. Instead, I want you to explain how anyone profits from "burn[ing] down the world", as you put it.

I also want an explanation as to why going to war is better than lifting the embargo. Stop ignoring this point.

My evidence is that they ARE CURRENTLY in a war with Iran. I have been posting evidence of this from the first post.
I don't know how you define war, but in my book destroying the economy, overthrowing and occupying the surrounding region, blowing up military facilities, reactors, scientists, and generals count as war.

Spend a little more time analyzing the information provided and less time interpreting it  to serve your own confirmation bias. It is a fact war is profitable. What is the number 1 export of the USA after garbage? DEFENSE. They don't need to win a war with Iran to profit, they just have to spend money attacking them in various ways. It is a very convenient system for placing debt on the tax payers (read slaves) that can never be repaid, while funneling money into various defense industries set up by cronies of the people who enacted the legislation to provide the funding from the tax slavers. I know right? It is crazy. Who would have thought that people would get together in a vast conspiracy to make money at the expense of others. Completely unbelievable.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
August 05, 2013, 03:13:07 PM
The issue, as outlined in the wikipedia entry, is that they aren't using Federal Reserve Notes to transact their oil internationally.

Of course they don't. We don't trade with them. If the US cares so much about what currency they use, why did we place an embargo on them?

You're saying that it makes sense for the US to invade their country, leading to US deaths, negative public opinion, and a debilitated Iranian economy just so that they use USD instead of the Euro? That is not sound logic.

I think it would make more sense for the US to just lift the embargo. Why go to war?

It's irrelevant whether the United States trades with Iran;  it's a currency issue.  Exporting Federal Reserve notes maintains the value of the US dollar, and the United States uses military force to ensure that the US dollar stays as the world reserve currency through the Petrodollar.

For those who seek some enlightenment on the issue, I suggest listening to John Perkins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oARBdBtGenM

The Europeans also embargoed Iran (pressured by the US). Do you think the US would allow Iran to trade Oil for EUR? No way!
Pages:
Jump to: