Pages:
Author

Topic: Count down to Iran invasion - page 9. (Read 41923 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
September 17, 2012, 07:59:38 PM
Like Syria?
Iran's Revolutionary Guards commander says its troops in Syria www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/16/us-iran-syria-presence-idUSBRE88F04C20120916
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 17, 2012, 09:27:29 AM
IMO the USA interest and interference in the region was always about proxy war with china for not only Mideast and African resources but also to gain a strategic foothold for intervention in the greater Asian continent.

+1

also the war may have already started in iran depending on where you are.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
September 17, 2012, 12:59:14 AM
IMO the USA interest and interference in the region was always about proxy war with China for not only Mideast and African resources but also to gain a strategic foothold for intervention in the greater Asian continent.
Activity: 112
The ants came marching one by one
September 13, 2012, 06:55:11 PM
1984: West German intelligence sources say Iran’s production of a bomb “is entering its final stages.

http://antiwar.com/blog/2012/08/10/always-wrong-predicting-iranian-war-and-weapons/
Christ, I remember that.

I love "countdown to Iran invasion" threads and people.

By my clock, we're only 25 years late on the invasions.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
July 27, 2012, 12:32:45 PM
Here an interesting link from the CFR about nuclear in Iran.

http://www.cfr.org/iran/iaea-iran-report-decoded/p26451

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
July 26, 2012, 02:21:54 PM
my assumption is that there will not be an attack unless Iran completlycuts of supply to oils or other resources. Until they get tired of being pushed around by the US they will do the same thing as what is going on in syria economic terrorism the destruction of a nation from within making them kill them selves with starvation,poverty and then the inevitable  reveloution
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
July 26, 2012, 12:42:26 PM
In 2010, Iran's nuclear facilities were infiltrated by Stuxnet, the centrifuge-wrecking malware allegedly cooked up by the US government. Now they seem to have been hit again by a bizarre attack forcing nuclear plant workstations to pump the song Thunderstruck by heavy metal band AC/DC through the speakers at full volume.
The Iranian scientist goes on to say that they believe the attackers used Metasploit, a common hacking tool which provides a variety of ways to penetrate supposedly secure networks. "There was also some music playing randomly on several of the workstations during the middle of the night with the volume maxed out," says the scientist. "I believe it was playing 'Thunderstruck' by AC/DC."
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/onepercent/2012/07/iranian-nuclear-facilities-thu.html

Huh
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
July 23, 2012, 03:57:06 AM
Does the list of assassinated Iranian scientists count as an attack? What about the magical exploding nuclear facilities? Exploding generals? When does this officially become an attack?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
July 20, 2012, 04:21:27 AM
Ive been hearing about the impending attack on iran that is supposed to happen now, tommorow, a few weeks from now for so long, I actually wonder if it will ever happen...

they're already being attacked by sanctions and other "weapons of fincancial warfare"... what else is planned exactly, well, I don't know. I don't even know what exaclty the goal is (except maybe to ensure access to cheap oil for the US).

General Wesley Clark explains it all: http://pathtopersianow.ytmnd.com/

Because "they don't know what else to do"?

Boys and their toys...
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
July 20, 2012, 04:01:09 AM
Ive been hearing about the impending attack on iran that is supposed to happen now, tommorow, a few weeks from now for so long, I actually wonder if it will ever happen...

they're already being attacked by sanctions and other "weapons of fincancial warfare"... what else is planned exactly, well, I don't know. I don't even know what exaclty the goal is (except maybe to ensure access to cheap oil for the US).

Because "they don't know what else to do"?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
July 19, 2012, 03:01:53 PM

Activity: 292
Merit: 250
July 19, 2012, 03:01:01 PM
We don't have to worry about an Iran invasion right now, Rick Santorum didn't get the nomination Tongue
donator
July 19, 2012, 02:50:07 PM

Activity: 70
July 19, 2012, 04:30:27 AM
donator
July 19, 2012, 03:15:57 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/20/world/europe/explosion-on-bulgaria-tour-bus-kills-at-least-five-israelis.html?pagewanted=all

Netanyahu blaims Hisbollah/Iran for the assault. Hisbollah says it wasn't them, they wouldn't target tourists. A small false flag?

Obama “pledged to stand with Israel in this difficult time, and provide whatever assistance is necessary to identify and bring to justice the perpetrators.”
donator
July 16, 2012, 07:38:23 AM
I don't understand why Iran put their country so close to dozens of US military bases.

it's even funnier with the relevant image:

http://www.oneangryman.com/ken/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/military-spending.jpg

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
July 15, 2012, 10:03:33 PM
I don't understand why Iran put their country so close to dozens of US military bases.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
July 07, 2012, 03:16:44 AM
Why will usa stop going over there? The Oil and the Heroin fields.

But someone was saying, that soldiers were saying if there was no taliban, there be no IED's then it would be boring and then the taliban says the same thing, if there would be no soldiers, there be no reason to put IED's and it would be boring. Ironic?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
June 09, 2012, 03:55:03 PM
Why be at war with just Iran, when you can be at war with Pakistan too?  Add in enough countries close by and you get efficiency through scale and location. 
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
June 09, 2012, 02:46:38 PM
Syria is not at war with the US and is not likely to be.  If Assad falls, the al Qa'ida backed opposition will take power and no American president would want to be associated with that.

What do you mean al qa'ida backed opposition? That is not true at all you must have a dodgy news source. The opposition have been backed and funded to an extent by GCC countries such as Saudi Arabia. The toppling of Assad would be in the presidents interest as it will destroy Irans strong hold on Syria therefore weakening them. Al-qaeda don't even come into this, the idea of al-qaeda being in Syria is apart of the propaganda unleashed by the assad regime.
Although as you said, I doubt any millitary intervention by the US will occur.
Pages:
Jump to: