Pages:
Author

Topic: COVID advanced the world into the future - page 4. (Read 3177 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
August 10, 2021, 10:32:04 AM
I agree, it's like suggesting that gambling is the solution to poverty. It can be, some people do get out of poverty through gambling or crypto investing, but look how rare those cases are!

If you consider that Crypto is like a gambling with ur analogy, I dont think so. Gambling is a zero sum game and crypto is money which is different form. You can decide when you have to buy or sell with ur own choice there is no restriction to do anything you want. When you are lose that isn't always a realize lose and most of them still unrealize. So do u still think they are the same level between gambling and crypto?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 115
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 10, 2021, 10:26:14 AM
Because of COVID-19 everyone was forced to stop working and stay at home,
There is no funds to support daily life. Everyone knows the cryptocurrency market. The demand for cryptocurrencies is gradually increasing, but this has also led to many scams.
Some novices do not know how to distinguish between good and bad projects, and blindly invest in them, resulting in the loss of some funds.
Be cautious when investing. Being responsible for your own money means being responsible for yourself.
a beginner will not dare to invest in a project. I'm sure as stupid as a beginner is, he will understand that an investment must have risks let alone invest in cryptocurrencies. take part in airdrops and bounties and after that sell the coins they have for cheap, that's what a beginner does.
but there are also beginners who dare to invest in fomo because they are afraid of missing the moment so they don't think about the risks that must be faced later. this is because of the influence of friends or reading the news where crypto is busy. especially during a pandemic many people want to make money even from home
Activity: 285
Merit: 12
August 10, 2021, 06:51:01 AM
The digital economy is considered to be the backbone of the economy in several countries during the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Covid-19 pandemic has had a multisectoral domino effect (health, social, economic, financial). However, economic activity must continue while taking into account health factors.

The digital economy has made various activities much more efficient, innovation-friendly, and the business model can be diverse.

The digital economy also has room to grow and create an equal level playing field for everyone. In addition, the digital economy also encourages inclusion so that one can get services without having to meet face-to-face.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
Stand with Ukraine
August 10, 2021, 06:12:54 AM
~ Investing in crypto is not the solution to poverty, those who lose their job will not invest their money in crypto as it's very unpredictable here, hence the risk is high.

I agree, it's like suggesting that gambling is the solution to poverty. It can be, some people do get out of poverty through gambling or crypto investing, but look how rare those cases are!

They have to face the situation, if they are not allowed to go work to work, then they should do it online, for sure they can find a lot of business opportunities online if they will just open their eyes.

And this pandemic, however horrible, has opened the eyes of millions of people. They have started working remotely, or found new jobs online, they've never thought existed. This pandemic will end, but the world will never be the same.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 555
August 08, 2021, 03:22:41 PM
The pandemic didn't introduce any new concept as such most of the ICT innovations that we feel came up due to the pandemic has always been there just that we were carried away by our normal day routine feeling so comfortable in the old way of solving problem neglecting the ICT sector. To me I will say the pandemic only enlightened people on the opportunities we have in the cuber world.
Cyber world you mean. You should check your spellings before posting. I disagree with you on this one, the covid 19 pandemic actually did teach us something. It exposed loop holes and flaws in our health care system that were left unchecked. The pandemic also made us realize how closely connected we all are across the world. The pandemic was more of an awakening. People are know questioning their health system and the safety of vaccination
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
August 08, 2021, 12:46:32 PM
The pandemic didn't introduce any new concept as such most of the ICT innovations that we feel came up due to the pandemic has always been there just that we were carried away by our normal day routine feeling so comfortable in the old way of solving problem neglecting the ICT sector. To me I will say the pandemic only enlightened people on the opportunities we have in the cuber world.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 107
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 07, 2021, 11:54:59 AM
There is no funds to support daily life. Everyone knows the cryptocurrency market. The demand for cryptocurrencies is gradually increasing, but this has also led to many scams.
Some novices do not know how to distinguish between good and bad projects, and blindly invest in them, resulting in the loss of some funds.
Be cautious when investing. Being responsible for your own money means being responsible for yourself.
a beginner will not dare to invest in a project. I'm sure as stupid as a beginner is, he will understand that an investment must have risks let alone invest in cryptocurrencies. take part in airdrops and bounties and after that sell the coins they have for cheap, that's what a beginner does.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
August 07, 2021, 11:41:59 AM
I am talking about the digital revolution that was already taking place, yet still had some bumps along the road to occur, and has been forcefully implemented by many companies that required their people to keep on working. I am also talking about the immense number of new influencers and subscription services that had increased their adept several times-fold. All this would have taken ages otherwise.

I definitely agree with your statement.

With the COVID pandemic challenging almost all business sectors, most companies have literally no choice but to adapt measures that would still retain or improve their efficiency in the business. Thus, some companies have adopted lots of innovations such as providing digital services or teleconsults. Since it has been proven that some countries can retain this type of virtual service, we could expect that in the next few years, more digitalized innovations would be implemented.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 585
August 07, 2021, 09:47:22 AM
It's really tragic to live in a developing country, not a developed country, because high-ranking officials who are greedy for their money always take advantage of the existing moment, corruption is everywhere. I don't know what's on their minds, I hope they should die first than the miserable people.
Many high-ranking officials do not have the conscience for social care in pandemic conditions, instead the pandemic is only used to fulfill the desire of greedy rats to cut some of the allocation of social assistance just to get drunk, buy expensive things. Very ironic, may they get the worst fate of their lives.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
August 07, 2021, 07:28:03 AM

Investing in crypto is not the solution to poverty, those who lose their job will not invest their money in crypto as it's very unpredictable here, hence the risk is high. They have to face the situation, if they are not allowed to go work to work, then they should do it online, for sure they can find a lot of business opportunities online if they will just open their eyes.

simple think they do is sell what they have until they have nothing. sometime, they look for, in every place to make money, ask help if they cant find place to work, than sell what they have. crime grow little by little, what they want just money for daily need for today.
online business have good opporunity, but still have high competition cause of pandemic.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
August 06, 2021, 02:13:21 PM
I get the OP's idea about how the pandemic has given positive and negative effects to the world, economy-wise, not every country has the same state, it sucks to live in a third world country knowing the economy is already not looking good making it even worse because of COVID, nurses and doctors would have to work overtime almoat everyday, students and teachers would have to adapt right away with the online setup, it wasn't really that positive unless we'd think about it in a positive way and ignore the fact on how big the damage was actually, and also, not every country are experiencing the same, some are already making progress and some are really in shambles, just like in my own country.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
August 06, 2021, 08:41:51 AM

Investing in crypto is not the solution to poverty, those who lose their job will not invest their money in crypto as it's very unpredictable here, hence the risk is high. They have to face the situation, if they are not allowed to go work to work, then they should do it online, for sure they can find a lot of business opportunities online if they will just open their eyes.
Activity: 54
Merit: 5
August 06, 2021, 03:57:12 AM
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
Stand with Ukraine
August 05, 2021, 06:32:06 AM
~ As always, we as a species, can be halted by some disaster, or be advanced by it. It depends on us.
It's true we can't close our eyes that since the Covid 19, digital technology has been growing,
if we look at the data, there are not a few who have not been vaccinated and of course this is a homework for the government in every country in order to accelerate the vaccination program,
Of course we all hope that this pandemic can end soon even though it is difficult to see it in the near future

We can hope, but just hope is not enough. This pandemic will not end soon if people will be against vaccination. New strains will keep popping up, like these delta variant, lambda variant and so on. We must get vaccinated as soon as possible, not only to protect ourselves, but also to protect others, because the more unvaccinated people around, the higher the probability of new strains emergence.

Let's not mess things up, guys. Let's benefit from the advancement, but don't let this plague kill much more people.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
August 02, 2021, 02:10:25 PM
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many changes have occurred around the world, one of which is the use of digital technology which is increasingly being loved and there has been extraordinary economic growth in the digital sector.
Before the existence of covid, digital technology has also become a trend for modern society, but perhaps due to the current covid, it is necessary for people to think more about their safety when doing activities and one of them is by utilizing today digital technology which is indeed more efficient, easy convenient and can also minimize the occurrence of limb contact that causes transmission of the virus from other people, but to be honest, no matter how advanced technology is today, I prefer normal conditions like what happened before Covid Cry.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
August 02, 2021, 12:40:14 PM
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many changes have occurred around the world, one of which is the use of digital technology which is increasingly being loved and there has been extraordinary economic growth in the digital sector.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
August 02, 2021, 12:12:55 PM

The hospital is currently getting a big profit because of Covid, in my country almost everyone who gets sick and is checked at the hospital will become Covid, I have a neighbor who is 67 years old and he is often sick, when he has routine checks and has to testfor Covid then he is declared positive .

I think I know your country Grin , in some countries even many people who are not responsible for using covid as their means to increase their personal wealth because now many  ​governments have budgeted quite a lot of funds to deal with covid so that the opportunity for funds to be corrupted  by those who are related to it.

At least in my country (India), that is not the case. The state governments have implemented strict daily thresholds on medical bills and therefore the hospitals can't charge beyond a certain limit. On top of that, the healthcare professionals are badly impacted by the pandemic, and a number of them have died so far. This has left many of the hospitals understaffed. I can't think of any sector in the economy, other than eCommerce business to some extent, that has benefited from the current COVID pandemic.
To be honest, I am very sad to see the current condition of India, which reportedly even millions of people in India have become victims of Covid right now, the impact of the current pandemic has actually destroyed many aspects and even the eCommerce business is also a little disturbed, because of the restrictions on community activities in a certain area in a country certainly makes them unable to do business normally, because e-commerce still requires the role of workers such as couriers, drivers, warehousing and so on.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 02, 2021, 10:57:32 AM
The hospital is currently getting a big profit because of Covid, in my country almost everyone who gets sick and is checked at the hospital will become Covid, I have a neighbor who is 67 years old and he is often sick, when he has routine checks and has to test for Covid then he is declared positive .

At least in my country (India), that is not the case. The state governments have implemented strict daily thresholds on medical bills and therefore the hospitals can't charge beyond a certain limit. On top of that, the healthcare professionals are badly impacted by the pandemic, and a number of them have died so far. This has left many of the hospitals understaffed. I can't think of any sector in the economy, other than eCommerce business to some extent, that has benefited from the current COVID pandemic.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
August 02, 2021, 07:44:53 AM
I think most of us would rather not have had COVID. It has been devastating for many economies and it took a bad toll on people. However it has had some side benefits (some may argue that having Trump removed for now may be one of them, LOL).

I am talking about the digital revolution that was already taking place, yet still had some bumps along the road to occur, and has been forcefully implemented by many companies that required their people to keep on working. I am also talking about the immense number of new influencers and subscription services that had increased their adept several times-fold. All this would have taken ages otherwise.

demand for services that can be performed remotely or provide solutions to the challenges of reduced personal interactions, such as information and communications technology (ICT), and deliveries, has increased significantly. In a span of three months, the pandemic has resulted in a 63 percent reduction in demand for hotels, while increasing demand for ICT by a comparable rate

A source on the matter.

Until now, covid in my country has made everything chaotic, especially the economy. Many people go crazy because of their unpreparedness for this situation. Even people become more unhealthy, rarely exercise, birth rates are also increasing in balance with the number of deaths. I don't know how we have to be able to live side by side with covid. I hope after this we can enjoy life again
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
August 02, 2021, 06:24:26 AM
Totally disagree that we did advance, most of the technology involved with fighting the pandemic is already available so I don't think that it really did advanced us, it more of like halted our progression as a species more than advanced it.

Well, that's just your opinion, man. Maybe read through this thread or google about it. It's a fact that because of COVID-19 the adoption of digital technologies has been accelerated throughout the world. Right now the main problem is not the lack of technologies, rather, it's sluggish adoption of them.

But, although this pandemic has nudged the world in the right direction, we shouldn't forget how terrible it is and also that it's not over yet, and if some of us are still not vaccinated, we should do it as soon as possible. I got my first vaccine 2 days ago because my country is pretty slow in this department, less than 5% of population is fully vaccinated, but especially in places like this it's important to be vaccinated.

As always, we as a species, can be halted by some disaster, or be advanced by it. It depends on us.
It's true we can't close our eyes that since the Covid 19, digital technology has been growing,
if we look at the data, there are not a few who have not been vaccinated and of course this is a homework for the government in every country in order to accelerate the vaccination program,
Of course we all hope that this pandemic can end soon even though it is difficult to see it in the near future
Pages:
Jump to: