Pages:
Author

Topic: COVID advanced the world into the future - page 9. (Read 3177 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
Stand with Ukraine
~

Indeed it has a lot of advantages, and no wonder, because it has been evolving for many decades. Many intelligent persons, economists, sociologists, doctors and others, were working on this scheme. If today, in the case of distant working, we were having the ability to create our own working schedule, it would be foolish to not use the knowledge. In short, even though I'm not that good at it myself, I would suggest to refrain from overworking.
That's right, doing everything with technology, working from home is a change that I think is very good, even though without us realizing there are many negative things in this condition, especially in education in my country, which is surprised to have online education. The government's unpreparedness causes all systems to become chaotic, poor children who do not have internet access and their learning support technology devices are the impact.

I agree, I'm sure for many people a possibility of working from home was like an impossible dream in the past, and today it's reality for many of them.

The advantages are plenty:

you save on traffic(time and money);

you can eat better food at your home and it is cheaper than out too;

you can be doing your job when it's convenient to you(sometimes this factor is crucial) ...

I feel like I forgot to mention some other advantages, but you got the idea - working from home is better. Not for everyone, not always, but it's better overall. Some governments were unprepared at first, but the problem was solved in most places.

That's why I agree that COVID , however bad it was and is, has helped the world economy in advancing.

Activity: 1064
Merit: 100
Combo Network
Covid-19 has made a really good impact on especially cryptocurrencies. Because people started searching for alternatives when they were at home. And the demand for this market has increased at a very high rate. This will also help people get ready for the future also.
It is undeniable that the increase in cryptocurrencies so far is inseparable from the presence of covid 19,
even so I really hope that covid 19 can really disappear in the world so that the pandemic can end,
but indeed if it's realistic it's quite difficult to see in the near future
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
United Crowd
In every change, there will be people who will come and those who will leave.  Covid has forced people to study at home, work at home, and even shop at home.  if this is forced to continue, the world of culture will change completely, because everything starts from its habits.  I agree that covid is accelerating the latest industrial revolution but are we all ready?  although the answer must be ready.  Situation force us to be stronger
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
The pandemic changed the living and working habits of people around the world. The application of technology such as online shopping, cashless payment or online meetings via zoom and working from home is to adapt because of the ongoing epidemic. That could end soon as the vaccine becomes available worldwide.
Due to the epidemic people have come a long way in terms of technology i think it will never end once the epidemic is over technology will continue to be used and people will turn to other online activities including online shopping. There will be a tendency among the people to work from home which will improve the country in the future.
The pandemic became a testing ground for new approaches to our old ways to do things, for example when it comes to closing a deal between two different companies I think we are going to see a tendency to keep closing those deals online as it is cheaper and more efficient to do this, however there were also some spectacular failures and one of those was online education, at least where I live this was complete failure as most kids lost a whole year of classes and they learned almost nothing during that period, even when they had access to all the necessary technology so in that case a return to regular classes is a must.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
Work-from-home model is really the future of us. But this covid-19 period has sped up the process and we may see this happening mostly even earlier than we expected. Because many companies have already started using this model now.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 576
We met with remote work. Many companies announced that they will continue to work remotely even after normalization. this will save them a lot of expense.
But many companies too that they cannot allow their employees to continue or prolong the work at home setup.

Just like Amazon or it's just some news that has to bring some FUD. I think that those companies that have provided a work from home setup should maintain it if it's not sacrificing the productivity of the company.

And as well as the worker.
maybe for office workers.....ist ok but for those who work as factory workers and other jobs, they are threatened from their jobs
Yes, there's a difference between white collar and blue collar jobs. Well for those type of jobs that are adaptable to work at home then they should stay at home.

And the concern that you've mentioned, there's no way for them to adopt their jobs at home and that's why they still have to go to their work everyday and work as is.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
We met with remote work. Many companies announced that they will continue to work remotely even after normalization. this will save them a lot of expense.
But many companies too that they cannot allow their employees to continue or prolong the work at home setup.
Just like Amazon or it's just some news that has to bring some FUD. I think that those companies that have provided a work from home setup should maintain it if it's not sacrificing the productivity of the company.
The most important factor in business is efficiency, and if remote work brings more profit, then it will become more widespread, because these are the laws of economics. Another question is that all this has its limits and the end of the coronavirus epidemic does not mean that now everyone will hit the remote mode of operation and everything will remain the same. Corporate ethics and working hours have not been canceled. A person is a social being and he needs direct physical interaction with colleagues at work, and no messengers and video conferences can replace this.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
gik nyareh proyek seteppak pas sepak
overall this covid-19 is a very uncomfortable thing, not good and there is no benefit at all

maybe for office workers.....ist ok but for those who work as factory workers and other jobs, they are threatened from their jobs
Activity: 2772
Merit: 576

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Yes, because of Covid pandemic, a lot of things had changed. Many people now are working online and also enter in crypto world. From a traditional work of   8 to 12 hours a day, always looking for time so as not to get caught up in work, and huddled in the car in the middle of traffic. Now, working from home, without limit, without hassle, and sitting in front of your computer, you are able to earn huge money. That is just a few changes caused of covid 19 pandemic.
Although I salute all the positive changes to the economy that happened during the past months, I don't think that the emerged possibility of working without limit is a good one, and I want to warn against it(at least those who read this text). Indeed, working much longer than usual can provide you with much more income than before in the short term, but "in the short term" is the keyword here. Taking time to relax from your work is very important, both for your health and the effectiveness of your work. In the long term overworking can be very harmful. Be careful with that.
Oh, yes, remote work from an undoubted good can turn into a curse from which there is no escape, which will take away your free time, which in other conditions you would have spent on recreation or self-education. It is one thing when you arrive from an industrial enterprise or office and become left to yourself, and quite another when you are constantly at home and family with household chores must somehow be combined with work issues. Therefore, it is not necessary to exaggerate the role of remote work and understand that the traditional scheme of professional activity has its advantages.

Indeed it has a lot of advantages, and no wonder, because it has been evolving for many decades. Many intelligent persons, economists, sociologists, doctors and others, were working on this scheme. If today, in the case of distant working, we were having the ability to create our own working schedule, it would be foolish to not use the knowledge. In short, even though I'm not that good at it myself, I would suggest to refrain from overworking.
That's right, doing everything with technology, working from home is a change that I think is very good, even though without us realizing there are many negative things in this condition, especially in education in my country, which is surprised to have online education. The government's unpreparedness causes all systems to become chaotic, poor children who do not have internet access and their learning support technology devices are the impact.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
Stand with Ukraine
Yes, because of Covid pandemic, a lot of things had changed. Many people now are working online and also enter in crypto world. From a traditional work of   8 to 12 hours a day, always looking for time so as not to get caught up in work, and huddled in the car in the middle of traffic. Now, working from home, without limit, without hassle, and sitting in front of your computer, you are able to earn huge money. That is just a few changes caused of covid 19 pandemic.
Although I salute all the positive changes to the economy that happened during the past months, I don't think that the emerged possibility of working without limit is a good one, and I want to warn against it(at least those who read this text). Indeed, working much longer than usual can provide you with much more income than before in the short term, but "in the short term" is the keyword here. Taking time to relax from your work is very important, both for your health and the effectiveness of your work. In the long term overworking can be very harmful. Be careful with that.
Oh, yes, remote work from an undoubted good can turn into a curse from which there is no escape, which will take away your free time, which in other conditions you would have spent on recreation or self-education. It is one thing when you arrive from an industrial enterprise or office and become left to yourself, and quite another when you are constantly at home and family with household chores must somehow be combined with work issues. Therefore, it is not necessary to exaggerate the role of remote work and understand that the traditional scheme of professional activity has its advantages.

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
The pandemic changed the living and working habits of people around the world. The application of technology such as online shopping, cashless payment or online meetings via zoom and working from home is to adapt because of the ongoing epidemic. That could end soon as the vaccine becomes available worldwide.
Due to the epidemic people have come a long way in terms of technology i think it will never end once the epidemic is over technology will continue to be used and people will turn to other online activities including online shopping. There will be a tendency among the people to work from home which will improve the country in the future.
- Technology is starting to become a habit of all of us today, from shopping to work, technology is adding to a lot of the flaws that the pandemic has created, keeping us safe and working from home, instead of needing to risk going to work and being in contact with so many people every day. A point of improvement for the future system but this is not a pre-arranged case from the government or from a company, the age of technology is coming too soon, this trend will create many wrong ideas for young generations, maybe they will completely not want to go out in society and confidence in communication will not exist, Covid is disrupting the flow of time
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
I think most of us would rather not have had COVID. It has been devastating for many economies and it took a bad toll on people. However it has had some side benefits (some may argue that having Trump removed for now may be one of them, LOL).

I am talking about the digital revolution that was already taking place, yet still had some bumps along the road to occur, and has been forcefully implemented by many companies that required their people to keep on working. I am also talking about the immense number of new influencers and subscription services that had increased their adept several times-fold. All this would have taken ages otherwise.

demand for services that can be performed remotely or provide solutions to the challenges of reduced personal interactions, such as information and communications technology (ICT), and deliveries, has increased significantly. In a span of three months, the pandemic has resulted in a 63 percent reduction in demand for hotels, while increasing demand for ICT by a comparable rate

A source on the matter.

I agree with what you say, I believe that whatever happens in this world there must be benefits. like the covid virus which has not gone away until now, there must be benefits. one of the benefits in my opinion is that covid teaches all humans to be more productive in finding income. when everyone is required to do work activities only from home, even learning activities from home, then everyone will take advantage of existing technology for their daily activities. With today's increasingly sophisticated technology, one can earn income only from home, I am sure that one day the unemployment rate will decrease, and it will advance the world into the future.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 500
I think most of us would rather not have had COVID. It has been devastating for many economies and it took a bad toll on people. However it has had some side benefits (some may argue that having Trump removed for now may be one of them, LOL).

I am talking about the digital revolution that was already taking place, yet still had some bumps along the road to occur, and has been forcefully implemented by many companies that required their people to keep on working. I am also talking about the immense number of new influencers and subscription services that had increased their adept several times-fold. All this would have taken ages otherwise.

demand for services that can be performed remotely or provide solutions to the challenges of reduced personal interactions, such as information and communications technology (ICT), and deliveries, has increased significantly. In a span of three months, the pandemic has resulted in a 63 percent reduction in demand for hotels, while increasing demand for ICT by a comparable rate

A source on the matter.

I take the positive side. Covid teaches us to continue to innovate by working without face to face, not side by side. Everyone thinks how to save their own lives so that they can continue to grow and develop in conditions that require us to always be apart. I don't know how long I don't know when this covid will be gone. But covid teaches us to get used to working remotely. This is where sometimes my gratitude has met bitcoin. At least I can still grow and work from home with bitcoin
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
the positive effect is that people prefer the right revolution where economic crises occur in various countries, many people are victims of COVID which to this day is still spreading and the increasing number of victims makes things worse. no using masks and not avoiding crowds makes the positive numbers affected by COVID continue to increase the digital revolution must be developed to make it easier to earn online income.
It's true and that's why it's important for us to wear masks because the fact is that there are still many people who ignore it,
I really hope people are more aware of the importance of wearing masks and avoiding crowds,
since the existence of covid 19 this indirectly encourages us to use digitization and I don't think everyone can do that
Activity: 42
Merit: 45
The only benefit I see from covid is that if forced world economy to restart. Weak, useless, ineffective business and services has died, while those who wanted, evolved and survived. Those who wanted, managed to adapt their work to current realities. The bad thing about all this - humankind paid a really high price for all that.
How is a business weak, useless or ineffective if a the government decided it must shut?
This is not true at all. This is 100% due to government intervention.
In Australia, beauty salons are allowed to open but not gyms, fitness centres or martial arts dojo's. Many gyms were forced to shut. I think I read somewhere that 80% of martial arts gyms shut down for good.
Theres no way that you can expect all of these small businesses to have that much cash laying around to just pay the bills for months and months. My daughters gym for example, the owner had just purchased the warehouse next door to expand as his student numbers were soaring the month before lockdowns hit.

So for example you can cut someone's hair, do their nails and makeup but you cant open the gym so someone can lift weights on their own at 2am in the morning in a 24hr gym? It's ridiculous and has nothing to do with businesses being weak.

Tell me how you evolve a gym? What, fitness in the cloud? A gym is a gym, its a place you go to train full stop. There is nothing more and nothing less to it.

Besides the fact that Covid has wholey been imported into our nation by our government and then they locked us down for it; meaning we are surrounded by water and yes they literally fly "positive" cases in, send them to a hotel in the middle of the city and then lock the people down. Ridiculous. But then I have my own thoughts on that.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
It didn't progress because this virus had been discussed in a medical scientific magazine years before, but it was ignored. I believe that the world already has the tools.It simply doesn't want to utilize them since there was no epidemic, and now that there is, everyone is cramming because they don't know what to do, breakthroughs made during this pandemic.
That is the way of the world, scientists had been warning for decades that a pandemic was coming and that sooner or later we will have to face it and that we were simply not prepared for it, governments and the general public ignored the warnings thinking they were crazy or simply underestimated the threat. And yet here we are, after so much time has passed we are making some progress and it is doubtful how long is this going to last as the new mutations could cause us to go back to a very strict lockdown and I am not so sure how much time people can keep up with this when their finances are in such a bad shape.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
It is now necessary for a business to go through a digital transformation to thrive and increase its potential for business longevity.
COVID is pushing for digitalization, which is a downside for underdeveloped countries due to the lack of resources.
It would be hard for them to catch up to this new normal.

Pages:
Jump to: