Pages:
Author

Topic: CRAVE: Revival - page 10. (Read 54975 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2017, 03:05:22 PM
What was the reason of this maintanence? Is Cryptopia staking user funds? This is a little bit concerning.

A wallet update to the latest version released by CooleRRSA at end of Sept.  Why the old wallet wasn't in place during this time is unknown, BUT it's back now so YAY  Grin

Wallets up to 2.1 are still functioning without the soft updates right? I cannot compile the new versions on Ubuntu so I had to stay with the old version, if you do release a mandatory update please keep Linux version in mind.

As far as i know yes, i have also some masternodes with older versions running.

CooleRRSA usually writes in the release comments if the upgrade is mandatory: https://github.com/CooleRRSA/crave/releases

Tested and the old 2.1 version still works.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 10
October 07, 2017, 06:51:43 PM
I have opened a ticket with very kind words, to push the issue.

I was not pushy but stressed the issue that it was having a negative impact on our community as they can't withdrawl and begin staking. Cryptopia is a good exchange. They must be swamped.

Don't sell your CRAVE, you'll be glad you tried the masternode. It is really fun.

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
October 10, 2017, 11:32:43 AM
Oh God, please let the die rest in peace. It had its chance and it just didn't stand out in the rest of the trading coins. I have nothing against pushing it, I actually have some in a wallet and would not mind a higher price, but I can admit that the coin has nothing to offer and should just fade away without all this crying and shouting.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
October 10, 2017, 08:58:35 AM
I am running some full nodes and was playing around with dash when I saw that crave could be an option to run a fun masternode at moderate costs.
I am familiar with linux, but was too lazy to compile the code so I took the binaries of an older Version (2.1.0), the wallet works fine on ubuntu 16.04, so I followed the instructions in detail to setup a master node.

The balance is showing 500 crave, the crave.conf is set right, the ports are open (!), I encrypted the wallet and even on localhost I need to use my passphrase to send commands to the node. all pretty easy.

only starting the masternode does not work at all.
Code:
cravemaster@myip:~/crave/src$ ./craved masternode start mypassphrase
not capable masternode: Could not connect to myip:9999
I checked iptables and chains. all seems fine.
I don't use TOR.
I didn't set a hostname and adress the node by ip, because there is no domain pointing to it.

Looks like I have some routing problem, but a bitcoin and dash node and for some time ETH had no problem to work as a node.

my crave.conf:

Code:
rpcuser=craverpc
rpcpassword=abcABC123
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
#----
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
staking=0
#--------------------
port=9999
masternode=1
masternodeaddr=myip:9999
masternodeprivkey=GENRATEDKEY
#----------------------------------------------

So where am I going wrong? google only shows some results for dash for this problem, but ususally because of wrong iptables.
Anybody an idea?
Activity: 588
Merit: 422
October 10, 2017, 03:58:18 AM
What was the reason of this maintanence? Is Cryptopia staking user funds? This is a little bit concerning.

A wallet update to the latest version released by CooleRRSA at end of Sept.  Why the old wallet wasn't in place during this time is unknown, BUT it's back now so YAY  Grin

Wallets up to 2.1 are still functioning without the soft updates right? I cannot compile the new versions on Ubuntu so I had to stay with the old version, if you do release a mandatory update please keep Linux version in mind.

As far as i know yes, i have also some masternodes with older versions running.

CooleRRSA usually writes in the release comments if the upgrade is mandatory: https://github.com/CooleRRSA/crave/releases
legendary
October 10, 2017, 03:53:32 AM

Activity: 615
Merit: 502
October 10, 2017, 03:25:58 AM

Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Blockchain Marketing: tokensuite.io
October 10, 2017, 03:19:44 AM
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1003
October 10, 2017, 03:11:17 AM
Wallet has been updated, and trading is resumed on Cryptopia.
thanks god! withdrawal is available again!
October 10, 2017, 02:51:10 AM
Is there a way to check for masternode status? The built in list is not always correct.

Your own masternode(s)?  Running in the wallet or on a VPS? 

On a VPS I use ./craved masternode debug to figure out if it's running correctly.

legendary
October 10, 2017, 01:36:18 AM
Is there a way to check for masternode status? The built in list is not always correct.
Activity: 332
Merit: 263
Embrace The Darkness.
October 10, 2017, 12:42:00 AM
Wallet has been updated, and trading is resumed on Cryptopia.
Activity: 10
October 09, 2017, 11:30:54 PM
Oct 2
There are a couple of wallet in updates in front of CRAVE but we hope to get to CRAVE soon. You can expect to be online in the next week or so. Any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Oct 10
This is in the Wallet Admin queue to be completed,

I do not have a ETA and am not able to get it done any quicker,

regards
Cryptopia Support

Those're official responses from cryptopia about Crave wallet maintenance.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Maybe a fed.
October 09, 2017, 07:33:52 PM
where can we get 500 craves?  Shocked
exchanges are not working!

You can buy on cryptopia just cant yet withdraw.

The spread right now is kind of concerning though //pm me for a half way point sale on topia lol.  (64k)
Activity: 24
October 09, 2017, 12:48:21 PM

You can buy on cryptopia just cant yet withdraw.
October 07, 2017, 07:08:08 PM
I have opened a ticket with very kind words, to push the issue.
I was not pushy but stressed the issue that it was having a negative impact on our community as they can't withdrawl and begin staking. Cryptopia is a good exchange. They must be swamped.
Don't sell your CRAVE, you'll be glad you tried the masternode. It is really fun.

Thanks for doing that, it'll be great when things return to normal. 
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 10
October 03, 2017, 10:35:26 PM

It's a bit weird they aren't using the older wallet until this new build is ready.. What was so wrong with the old one?

I would imagine it is just internal protocol and that they have a standard way of dealing with such requests.  This would be the same whether there is something wrong with the wallet or not but err on the side of caution and just disable till replaced IMO.

Atleast Cryptopia is responsive.
legendary
October 07, 2017, 06:16:00 PM
The masternodes stats pages are down.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1003
October 07, 2017, 03:08:26 AM
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
October 06, 2017, 12:03:55 PM
Id really like to get my masternode setup up and running but cryptopia is really dropping the ball, its like a 5 min task to upgrade the wallet and re enable but yet its been down for over a week now. About to sell my bag and move on.

Ye, this is disappointing of topia...
People should start telling them.

SoMe pressure works.

Here they are:
https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1669443.500
Pages:
Jump to: