Pages:
Author

Topic: CRAVE: Revival - page 8. (Read 54975 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
October 16, 2017, 10:45:43 PM
Getting an error in the Crave wallet for my MN...
Alias MN01 Failed to start masternode. Error: could not allocate vin
any ideas?
The MN is only a few days old got a couple payments on 10/13 and then got 4 on the 14th but nothing the last 2 days.
thanks

Have you unlocked your wallet prior to starting the masternode?

ya that was what was causing the error... am I supposed to have the wallet open 24/7 then? I have the node running on a vps and the crave are setup in a cold wallet style mn.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
October 16, 2017, 10:34:35 PM
Verify that your .conf file is correct, and that the port you are using is open.

thanks! I'm looking up how to open ports now...

Looking more at this now. I've realised I don't have a static IP. Very new to this sorry guys and not too technical. In order to get a static IP address, do I need to purchase one? Thanks

Your ISP likely assigned you a dynamic IP by default. The usually offer a static one for an additional charge to your monthly bill.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
October 15, 2017, 11:03:09 AM
Buy this dip, won't be this cheap again guys
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
October 16, 2017, 10:33:20 PM
I'd talk to your ISP about it.

Could always just put your nodes on a VPS too.  Cheap, and runs 24/7 without having to keep your PC on.

+1 this worked for me.
Activity: 332
Merit: 263
Embrace The Darkness.
October 16, 2017, 10:29:51 PM
I'd talk to your ISP about it.

Could always just put your nodes on a VPS too.  Cheap, and runs 24/7 without having to keep your PC on.
Activity: 110
October 16, 2017, 09:00:51 PM
Verify that your .conf file is correct, and that the port you are using is open.

Looking more at this now. I've realised I don't have a static IP. Very new to this sorry guys and not too technical. In order to get a static IP address, do I need to purchase one? Thanks
brand new
Activity: 0
October 12, 2017, 08:46:23 PM
Is it right that the MN reward is 0.66666 CRAVE ?

Yes, that's correct. You may get two or 3 payouts per day per masternode, usually two, sometimes one depending on your luck
October 16, 2017, 06:48:07 PM

Activity: 615
Merit: 502
October 16, 2017, 05:26:47 PM
any ideas?
The MN is only a few days old got a couple payments on 10/13 and then got 4 on the 14th but nothing the last 2 days.
thanks

Have you unlocked your wallet prior to starting the masternode?
Activity: 24
October 16, 2017, 05:05:15 PM

any ideas?

thanks
Embrace The Darkness.
October 15, 2017, 06:38:35 PM
The previous wallet is stable, so yes, you could try that.  I still believe something on your end is blocking it.
Activity: 7
October 15, 2017, 06:17:46 PM
Still having problems opening the wallet. I checked my antivirus to see if it was affecting the download. When I try to open the .exe it appears to try to open for a second or two and then nothing. Really at a loss and kind of bummed. Would it help if I tried to download the previous wallet version to see if it works, or is that not advised? When I extract the downloaded zip file it just opens a new file with literally no files in it. When my antivirus or antimalware software blocks something it usually tells me. I joined the Slack and posted my problem but my comment was ignored. I know there's simple solution but I don't know enough about computers to experiment. Thanks. 
October 15, 2017, 06:09:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think there's definitely something wrong on my end. After downloading the wallet and extracting it seems that all there is in there is the .exe file, and that won't do anything when I try to open it. Shouldn't there be other files in the folder along with the .exe file? It's as if the rest of the files were not downloaded, all that's visible is the .exe and that doesn't want to do anything. I deleted and redownloaded a couple times to see if would work. I hope this makes sense.
Odd - check everything on your end, so that the program is being allowed (maybe something is blocking it?)

When the .exe file is run, a bunch of other files are created - data files, database, other folders, etc.  These are not things that you need to download first.

Hey, I've just set up my first MN. How do I know if I have set it up correctly? Thanks!
Hey!  You should be able to check that your masternode (IP address) shows up in the master list on the MN tab.  You should also see a message that says Masternode is Running.  If this is the case, and your firewall settings are correct, you should be good.  Keep an eye on it, because if it is removed from the list after around an hour, there may be a port issue.  Otherwise, wait for a first reward payment for confirmation.
Embrace The Darkness.
October 15, 2017, 05:55:49 PM
October 15, 2017, 05:22:49 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think there's definitely something wrong on my end. After downloading the wallet and extracting it seems that all there is in there is the .exe file, and that won't do anything when I try to open it. Shouldn't there be other files in the folder along with the .exe file? It's as if the rest of the files were not downloaded, all that's visible is the .exe and that doesn't want to do anything. I deleted and redownloaded a couple times to see if would work. I hope this makes sense.
Odd - check everything on your end, so that the program is being allowed (maybe something is blocking it?)

When the .exe file is run, a bunch of other files are created - data files, database, other folders, etc.  These are not things that you need to download first.

Hey, I've just set up my first MN. How do I know if I have set it up correctly? Thanks!
Hey!  You should be able to check that your masternode (IP address) shows up in the master list on the MN tab.  You should also see a message that says Masternode is Running.  If this is the case, and your firewall settings are correct, you should be good.  Keep an eye on it, because if it is removed from the list after around an hour, there may be a port issue.  Otherwise, wait for a first reward payment for confirmation.

Thanks a lot Slothman! My IP initially showed up on the MN list, but now it has disappeared. Does that mean I have an issue with my port? Thanks!

Actually looking again at it, my port number is incorrect in the list. It's listed as "0". Any ideas? I'll have a play around...
October 15, 2017, 05:20:39 PM

Thanks a lot Slothman! My IP initially showed up on the MN list, but now it has disappeared. Does that mean I have an issue with my port? Thanks!
Embrace The Darkness.
October 15, 2017, 04:31:01 PM

October 15, 2017, 03:55:37 PM
October 15, 2017, 01:39:09 PM
Embrace The Darkness.
October 15, 2017, 12:59:57 PM
Hello,
I'm new here, and just need some information, maybe a link, as to how to download the wallet and get it running. I'm not real computer savvy. I downloaded the wallet and extracted it but there doesn't seem to be anything in the folder when I'm done (?), except for the .exe file. When I click on that nothing happens. Do I have to download the blockchain also and install it into the wallet folder before the wallet will open? I've run other wallets but have not had this problem. I just bought 500 Crave and would like to set up the masternode, but I'm stuck at step one with the wallet. Any help or source of instructions will be appreciated. Sorry if this is such a basic question.
You should just be able to run the .exe.

If not, you can make a .bat file in the same directory as your .exe file.

Inside of this .bat file, enter:

crave-qt -datadir=data

To start your wallet every time, just run this .bat file.
Pages:
Jump to: