Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 50. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100
May 08, 2018, 11:35:06 AM
Bitcoins are created to serve people. Each person exploits the benefits of bitcoin in different ways. Many people have exploited the convenience of bitcoin to commit illegal acts such as money laundering and arms trafficking. Some hackers have stolen bitcoin.
Activity: 237
May 08, 2018, 11:33:57 AM
This is a bad news for the crypto world. We know that crypto is anonymous. But are not users who commit criminality that can be tracked? If the transaction he did with the crypto could not be traced, but the criminal act was traceable and searchable evidence could be found. Their transaction data is only one that can be used as evidence. Is not that something that can also be used as evidence is still a lot? So, I do not think it's worth it if Crypto is cornered on a mistake.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
May 08, 2018, 11:20:41 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Criminality should not be associated with Bitcoin, if we look back, long before the creation of the internet, there was the legendary Ponzi scheme and even it’s used until now. Actually theft and other crimes using fiat as the medium of exchange, not Bitcoin, it’s not appropriate to see Bitcoin as a criminal transaction tool that is also used for many good and productive activities.
Activity: 99
Merit: 0
May 08, 2018, 11:16:55 AM
I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.

I absolutely agree with you!
Cryptocurrencies and blockchain are by no means a danger - it's the people that use them for criminal purposes.
The same can is true for fiat money and all other technologies (remember the atom bomb which was actually the product of peaceful intentions of its creator).
Activity: 126
May 08, 2018, 11:07:08 AM
Criminals and bitcoins can not be separated because of the anonymous bitcoin transaction system and it is used by criminals who do not want to trace their illegal transactions.
Activity: 602
Merit: 8
May 08, 2018, 10:46:44 AM
Criminals will always find a way to crime.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
May 08, 2018, 09:28:17 AM
Many parties always associate bitcoin with crime, even though fiat currency can not guarantee not to be used crime. The criminals are tempted by bitcoin value if it has been converted to fiat currency. Thus, what is wrong is not bitcoin but blame the criminals.
Activity: 25
May 08, 2018, 09:20:30 AM
This is funny to read when someone says - hey so many criminals in bitcoin. Have you counted how many criminals are using usual money ? Smiley
Activity: 289
Merit: 10
May 08, 2018, 09:17:06 AM
Yes, in a deep web (or darknet) all the bad-ass transaction are going in bitcoin, becouse of the ononimousity it provides, they are unstoppable.
Activity: 210
May 08, 2018, 09:17:00 AM
Can we all for once be accountable for our actions, regardless if Bitcoin exists or not, there is already a high rate of criminality rate all over the world. There are already a huge number of illegal activities and evil doing from any part of the world so stop blaming Bitcoin. It is the people's choice, our decisions, our actions that's taking us to where we are right now. 
Activity: 266
May 08, 2018, 09:16:32 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
As for me in any field there will always be bad people as much as we wanted to. and even more so cryptocurrency is now very popular.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
May 08, 2018, 09:14:06 AM
The BTC will also be anonymous and therefore suitable for crime but what is more anonymous than cash? For decades, crime has been based on cash. The btc, even if anonymous, is always moved with a PC and leaves a computerized trace, the cash leaves no trace.
Activity: 126
May 08, 2018, 08:37:49 AM
Pretty Good Question.
Its really Matter of worry. No one can solve this problem because there is no way to track any kind of its transaction without any specific document on online link. So i can say one think Just away from all this Crime and say your Friend also.
Activity: 196
May 08, 2018, 08:30:46 AM
Bitcoin can be a tool for progress but it really depends on how you use it. Much like a gun can be used to protect or destroy but it depends on who wields it. So it is regulated.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
May 08, 2018, 08:23:56 AM
Criminality and illegal trade should be distinguished from bitcoins. Lets not forget that before the invention of cryptocurrencies; issues of hacking, terrorism and other nefarious activities were still on record; why do we now associate every bad act to the advent of cryptos. I believe bitcoin have nothing to do with criminals
Openly, it must be accepted that bitcoin can be used for illegal transaction. Bitcoin can be hacked or stolen. Besides that also must be realized that it can be used to buy drug, buy weapon, terrorist funding even money laundry. These illegal use should be overcomed together to support bitcoin growth because it can also bring a lot of benefits to people.

the real problem here lies only in the individual that misuse something that does not fit the actual function. For example, drugs, drugs - these drugs were created to help the medical personnel in the process of operation and others, but there are unscrupulous individuals who abuse these drugs and traded illegally. Just as the actual bitcoin was created to help the transaction process get better, instead used as a means of money laundering and terrorist financing.
Activity: 276
May 08, 2018, 07:57:42 AM
Bitcoin is one of the platform for criminal to raise fund or to transfer fund. But now there is a private coin that more privacy that criminal would prefer because the blockchain allow the users to track and someone manage to track down a few of the criminal activities.

Beside from raising fund and transferring fund, scam which is considered also as a crime that can be committed by anyone is also widespread in bitcoin. But more importantly, it depends on person itself if he/she wants to commit bad deed, and I hope that most of us has a good intention in using the bitcoin.
Activity: 112
May 08, 2018, 07:56:33 AM
Illegal things like this are a lot and we can not prevent it. As you say BTC is not a bad thing, the bad is the person who abuses it. This we need to convey to others so that others do not misunderstand.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
May 08, 2018, 07:50:03 AM
Although you have the rank of beginner in this forum, I like your reasoning and I completely agree with you. But unfortunately not all people think so, and some think quite the opposite.
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
May 08, 2018, 07:37:41 AM
Criminality and illegal trade should be distinguished from bitcoins. Lets not forget that before the invention of cryptocurrencies; issues of hacking, terrorism and other nefarious activities were still on record; why do we now associate every bad act to the advent of cryptos. I believe bitcoin have nothing to do with criminals
Openly, it must be accepted that bitcoin can be used for illegal transaction. Bitcoin can be hacked or stolen. Besides that also must be realized that it can be used to buy drug, buy weapon, terrorist funding even money laundry. These illegal use should be overcomed together to support bitcoin growth because it can also bring a lot of benefits to people.
Activity: 98
May 08, 2018, 07:28:12 AM
for me Stealing or criminalism would still persist. Scamming has been here since from the very beginning,Bitcoin and criminals have a significant relationship in the sense that bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while criminals always wanted to get their illicit activities done in an untraceable manner.
Pages:
Jump to: