Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 51. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 34
May 08, 2018, 06:57:40 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

I completely agree with you, it is not the creation of bitcoin, it is the people who are so selfish that they will do anything just for the money. Bitcoin has nothing to do with the dirty works of men, it is just used by the greedy people to scam and fraud other people for their own benefit.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
May 08, 2018, 06:42:25 AM
Bitcoin is one of the platform for criminal to raise fund or to transfer fund. But now there is a private coin that more privacy that criminal would prefer because the blockchain allow the users to track and someone manage to track down a few of the criminal activities.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
May 08, 2018, 12:30:34 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
indeed bitcoin is always preached with badness and criminality because we also know bitcoin can be accessed by anyone and anywhere and there is no guidelines or rules governing bitcoin usage, all back again to the investors with what purpose they invest
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
May 07, 2018, 11:45:52 PM
Right the main problem here is the people itself and not this new trend of currency the bitcoin and the blockchain technology.Hackers,scamners,terrorist and other criminals were already there even if bitcoin doesn't exist that is why we can't blame bitcoins existence because alot of people benefited from it in which we earn extra money from this cryptocommunity,bitcoin has never harmed anyone nor it lifts up every peoples life whose been a part of this crypto community.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
May 07, 2018, 11:26:41 PM

I think what you are saying is true, bitcoin is being used by those people in the society hat has criminal intentions, but bitcoin itself as well as the whole cryptocurrency is not to blame, it is those people who are having these evil intentions. Anything can be used as a tool for a crime, but it doesnt mean that that tool is created for that crime, its the people not the tool.
Activity: 119
Merit: 1
Crypto Enthusiast | Graphic Designer
May 07, 2018, 11:21:46 PM
Yeah you're right.but I think it's need to regulate or fix correctly to bring bitcoin a legal one.And also I think it will happen soon.because some countries are banning cryptocurrencies.So someone need to find a method to fix this.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
May 07, 2018, 11:01:14 PM
Bitcoin is favourite of criminals. What ever Bitcoin is in position is because of the criminals and dark web. Because they are the first adopter of Bitcoin
Activity: 994
Merit: 138
May 07, 2018, 10:56:20 PM
Since this is kind of difficulty things to do for police to tracking down every transaction related criminal activities, so the possibility can doing by the police with this kind of case are by involving some exchanges with further investigation. I'm sure if any party can see this as mutual agreement for both because these criminals things just making bad of Bitcoin popularity.
Yes, right. each account registration for exchange must provide clear identity cards and facial photos. I think that's the thing to do.
Activity: 643
Merit: 264
May 07, 2018, 10:21:25 PM
Bitcoin is often accused by regulators as being a tool for money laundering by criminal organizations, but cryptocurrency is may simply be a different payment method for the same crimes.
Activity: 224
May 07, 2018, 07:13:24 PM
Bitcoin and criminals have a significant relationship in the sense that bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while criminals always wanted to get their illicit activities done in an untraceable manner.
May 07, 2018, 07:08:28 PM
Since this is kind of difficulty things to do for police to tracking down every transaction related criminal activities, so the possibility can doing by the police with this kind of case are by involving some exchanges with further investigation. I'm sure if any party can see this as mutual agreement for both because these criminals things just making bad of Bitcoin popularity.
Activity: 36
May 07, 2018, 06:46:45 PM
Interpol are already using the bitcoin network to track criminals. Representatives from the organisation have spoken at events to describe this.
Activity: 334
May 07, 2018, 06:44:42 PM
if bitcoin directly in say as a tool of criminals of course that is wrong because bitcoin has a myriad of benefits of goodness. not just bitcoin that can be used as a tool for crime but there is regular money as well, and whether people will assume if it is also a crime
Activity: 144
May 07, 2018, 06:43:08 PM
Internet is anymous. No one can track the transaction that was made it. No personal identity was provided and wallets might be trackable but not accessible to anyone. Government cannot touch bitcoin unless they shutdown internet all over the world.
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
May 07, 2018, 06:27:58 PM
In my opinion, however, many people said they would sponsor criminals. But with any currency criminals will also have a secretive financing approach, should not blame all for the BTC is anonymous. Previously, there was no BTC that criminals did not have any sources to finance them .....
Activity: 98
May 07, 2018, 05:30:01 PM

that's what the people say cuz they want to keep our money in his banks

but, it's the same
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
May 07, 2018, 04:45:24 PM
yes bitcoins is also use in illegal transactions criminals take advantage of this its because bitcoins are so hard the track and also its negative part of bitcoins because of this criminals can move freely without hesitation but if you think about it the advantages of the bitcoin currency has given to us, the perks from using it are a ton they made transactions easier and much more and if used right i know that bitcoin will change the society and surely will have impact at the economy.
Bitcoin is not really that difficult to track, that is just a myth perpetuated by those that do not really know how bitcoin works, also while the advantages of bitcoin surpass any kind of drawback you must understand that most of the advantages of bitcoin are given to the people and not to the governments which is why they want to ban bitcoin because they do not get anything out of it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
May 07, 2018, 12:36:26 AM
bitcoin with the news of crime I think it has become common news and scattered because we also know bitcoin can be accessed by anyone and anywhere without any age and status restriction so many countries are refusing bitcoin to be accessed in their country by reason of crime, back again all depending on the intent and purpose of the investors in the investment
Activity: 451
Merit: 15
Investor
May 06, 2018, 03:14:22 PM
Although we could all agree that it is true abd bitcoin is indeed getting involved in criminality, it is just normal for a powerful product as bitcoin to experience. These news about bitcoin being used by criminals shpuldn't scare new investors or discourage the ones that had already placed their investments because the blockchaim technoligy is there to support abd make sure that bitcoin is very suitable for all kibds  of people.
Activity: 313
Merit: 1
May 06, 2018, 01:53:28 PM

Yes I totally agree with that!

For the same reason, much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive effects like the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people' can use.

so, not the right thing if bitcoins are synonymous with criminals such as money laundering, terrorists, hackers etc.
Pages:
Jump to: