Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 48. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
May 10, 2018, 02:50:24 AM
Bitcoin exchanges are anything but difficult to follow with how its blockchain resembles an online book that everybody can peruse through. Individuals don't really appreciate any type of long haul protection. Sooner or later you may and will probably be connected to particular exchanges, which is something individuals don't consider at present. I am very certain that a substantial level of the vindictive utilization found itself to cryptographic forms of money concentrated on offering individuals the security they are searching for. Bitcoin's open nature is precisely why I firmly trust that it will never be prohibited, where the coins offering security highlights will probably experience a less amicable treatment, however it's not by any stretch of the imagination an issue with how decentralized trades acquire ubiquity. Protection coins will work principally as section and leave focuses.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
May 10, 2018, 02:45:07 AM
I do not think that bitcoin is encouraging any illegal activities. Majority of people are using it as an investment medium only. Some people might be using it for illegal activities but they are not going to become saints even if bitcoin is banned.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
May 10, 2018, 02:22:01 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Yes criminals and bitcoin is connected. Actually I hear about that there's a people that using bitcoin to make a illegal activities. We all know that the transaction here in bitcoin is secured and safe so that you will not know if they will do it for some illegal activities or to do crime. Just like what other said it's better if they will add security here so that criminals can't use this.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
May 10, 2018, 02:15:50 AM
This is something that many countries fear, when the bitcoin feature is anonymous then everyone thinks that bitcoin is used for illegal transactions so the best way is to banned bitcoin.
It must be admitted that bitcoin transactions are so difficult to trace that for anyone free and secure for bitcoin transactions including for illegal activities such as drug transactions, terrorists and so forth, but with this fact the government should immediately make regulations, not banned.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
May 10, 2018, 02:06:55 AM
This is something that many countries fear, when the bitcoin feature is anonymous then everyone thinks that bitcoin is used for illegal transactions so the best way is to banned bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 14
May 10, 2018, 01:42:51 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Yes true, the criminality that uses bitcoin is purely the fault of the criminal. Bitcoin is just a tool, just like banknotes used to buy weapons to rob or buy drugs. So the authorities must be wise in this regard.
Activity: 96
May 10, 2018, 01:42:20 AM
There is really nothing that can be done concerning The use of BTC by criminals, Bitcoin is an open platform over which anyone's participation is welcomed, The  criminal might be using it for transaction, but it doesn't mean that BTC is the reason why they exist. Without Bitcoin, such activities will still be on going
Activity: 308
May 10, 2018, 01:37:37 AM
You've got the point there, bitcoin is kinda just like payment system that many people use for different purchase item. Bitcoin kinda help many people that don't own CreditCard, VISA, etc that need much maintenance for owning those kind of payment system. The one that fault is each individual that use bitcoin to do some illegal purchase.
Activity: 476
May 10, 2018, 01:32:08 AM
Unfortunately like fiat, Bitcoin has fallen into the dirty hands of these criminals. Using Bitcoin as payment for their illegal operations due to its decentralization and anonymity. It is sad that one of the greatest accomplishments of man has been stained by these people. This is one disadvantage of Bitcoin. Since it is digital and is an open access, anyone can get hold of it and use it as they wish...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
May 09, 2018, 07:49:49 PM
Criminals are everywhere and even before different criminalities are happening.We cannot deny the fact that Bitcoin can be involve in any illegalities happening now because of some people who is against crypto.We cannot please anyone to use Bitcoin for good things, it will depends on them on how they use Bitcoin.
But in that case many people blame bitcoin that with bitcoin the chances are more. I will like to add that the criminals are often the uneducated people who do not know to earn money in the legal way so they scam others while bitcoin is mostly used by educated and they are not mostly criminals.
Activity: 504
May 09, 2018, 07:48:39 PM

True. Just like money, bitcoins can be used to buy illegal things and contraband including guns and drugs. When given to the wrong hands, bitcoins can be a medium to do evil, just like money. It's no different to money, but the way I see it, it's the people and their motives are the problem.
Activity: 171
May 09, 2018, 07:28:16 PM
I agree with you, we can get tighter regulations but criminals will always be amongst us.
Activity: 196
May 09, 2018, 07:12:13 PM
Unfortunately, criminals can always find many ways. Criminals are always present in every time and society, they are using different currencies for their different purposes. The same is true of Bitcoin, which was created to be able to send tokens of a certain value between users without the participation of financial institutions.
Activity: 89
May 09, 2018, 07:06:25 PM
Well it is so hard to prevent the criminality to bitcoin industry..
But I think the best way for prevention is to have a sufficient knowledge and be careful with your passwords to avoid hackers in their criminal beings. We must wisely anytime.
Activity: 630
Merit: 265
May 09, 2018, 07:01:09 PM
Those acts are totally dependable on those people who are desperately wanted to obtain Bitcoin and do not know the essence of doing hardwork to earn and gain for their own purpose. To be used as a thing to support or fund out terrorism was not really the main intention why Bitcoin was made. It is just that people are being mislead and just doing their thing of using it as a currency to do such things which makes the image of Bitcoin bad and that must not be blamed into Bitcoin because in the first place, we people are the ones who have the ability to think that is why it is the people's mindset that must be turn into right use and not Bitcoin to be said as a bad one.
Activity: 299
Merit: 14
May 09, 2018, 06:55:54 PM
This applies to terrorists and hackers. And you imagine how much money is laundered by ordinary big businessmen and investors. This after all, too, can be called fraud on some side.
Activity: 126
May 09, 2018, 06:50:04 PM
Law enforcement is concerned that virtual currencies like bitcoin
already known to be used for illegal transactions, including sex and drug trafficking
will play an even bigger crime role as more investors use it as their preferred payment choice.

Digital or virtual currency, often referred to as cryptocurrency,
is not regulated by any central authority or government.
Although local entrepreneurs say cryptocurrency has many legitimate uses,
the speed and relative secrecy of the transactions have also been known to attract criminals.
Activity: 518
May 09, 2018, 04:25:04 PM
Criminals are everywhere and even before different criminalities are happening.We cannot deny the fact that Bitcoin can be involve in any illegalities happening now because of some people who is against crypto.We cannot please anyone to use Bitcoin for good things, it will depends on them on how they use Bitcoin.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
May 09, 2018, 03:40:11 PM

I think that's one of the bad side of the cryptocurrency market. Since it is geared to be private and have virtually no paper trail for its transactions, it can be used in that means to actually perpetrate illegal acts, which in turn, could be used by criminals in their own shady acts, especially because, money trail is one of the common ways how criminals be blown out of their cover. By finding something that they can use to avoid their transactions to be seen, they would surely use it to their advantage.
Activity: 471
May 09, 2018, 03:26:47 PM
This topic is very old and i think no need to ask same question about illegal activities by BTC.Yeah it's true BTC is used in many illegal activities such as money laundering and specially criminals and drug addicted people used BTC.I think there are no way to is stop because there are no identity showing in BTC transaction.
Pages:
Jump to: