Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 54. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 05:38:08 AM
I think, bitcoin users are sometimes not careful about saved a bitcoins. Lots of hacking cases on the internet, what else in the form of bitcoin. Surely, a lot of hackers are trying to steal the bitcoin from the users. Be careful  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
May 03, 2018, 05:27:07 AM
Crime is always associated with bitcoin and it is the main reason for countries that ban bitcoins. Whether they are impatient that crime has been committed more often using fiat currencies such as money laundering, investment fraud, illegal funding and corruption. In bitcoin, the most feared crime by its users is hacking.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
May 03, 2018, 05:10:39 AM
Actually this problem that often makes a country to be worried if one continues to rely on bitcoin as a means of transaction and it is very threatening to the country to regress if many people use bitcoin as a bad thing going forward.

That's what make some country afraid to accept bitcoin or even regulated it to their country because of that accusation. But time will come, If bitcoin will getting more popularity as the time passes, I guess they will gradually accept bitcoin to their country's as a currency or an asset.
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
May 03, 2018, 04:42:32 AM
 think the crime in the misuse of bitcoin transactions is very difficult to detect early, in contrast to using other means, but at least the police can work with the bank on monitoring the flow of funds to where it will go. I think blockchain or bitcoin technology is the same as any other public facility, everyone has two possibilities in its use between good and evil. every criminal will continue to look for opportunities in narrow. at least we use trusted safeguards on accounts and assets we have from evil deeds or acts of break-ins.
Activity: 182
May 03, 2018, 04:41:07 AM
So we cant blame bitcoin existence because even without bitcoin criminals are everywhere.

Right, let`s just look at crime rate at any country. Cryptocurrency is a modern technology that is very young and it attracts criminals who use the 
disadvantages and blanks in a legislation to commit crimes (rob wallets, start an ICO, collect money and then disappear etc). But I hope that as soon as officials realize all advantages and opportunities of bitcoins and cryptocurrencies in general there will be no place left for criminals. And what is also matters is that there`re a lot of news devoted to crypto-crimes and those who are  active users they track on a regular basis all the relevant information and know how to secure the information.
Activity: 232
May 03, 2018, 04:40:01 AM
Criminality and crime have become part of human nature.Every thing that can make money there is a lot of criminals, in the world of the Internet there is a heker, so they are in this bitcoin they are quite easy to steal our assets because in the bitcoin world there is no name of the person. I believe that every technology can be use for both good and bad. This doesn't mean that the whole internet is bad! BitCoin gives us the possibility to share money directly without any interference.
Activity: 308
May 03, 2018, 04:01:35 AM
For prespupnikov this is the ideal tool for their dirty work
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
May 03, 2018, 03:57:20 AM
How many times have we already heard how something good is used for bad purposes. This can not be avoided in our world. Bitcoin is no exception, because you can use different things in different ways.
Activity: 210
May 03, 2018, 03:51:37 AM
Bitcoin is a source to get big money right so its normal already that criminals will be around.Anything talks about money theres criminals.So whether its bitcoin or not theres a criminal.So we cant blame bitcoin existence because even without bitcoin criminals are everywhere.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
May 03, 2018, 03:44:55 AM
The techniques developed in this paper can be used in cryptocurrency surveillance in a number of ways, including monitoring trends in illegal activity, its response to regulatory interventions, and how its characteristics change through time
Activity: 504
YOUC | John McAfee Supports
May 03, 2018, 03:37:43 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

bitcoin address still can be tracked if you have time. receiver need to convert bitcoin to fiat on exchange,
so the exchange address is needed. if police want to investigate, they could ask exchange to give the data of address owner.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
May 03, 2018, 12:18:31 AM
Actually this problem that often makes a country to be worried if one continues to rely on bitcoin as a means of transaction and it is very threatening to the country to regress if many people use bitcoin as a bad thing going forward.
Activity: 196
May 02, 2018, 08:37:17 PM
criminals often threaten the country so as to make difficult bitcoin accept bitcoin because countries fear the results of the criminal Exchange bitcoin and not caught and it's dangerous and it's also threatening bitcoin until recently.
Activity: 196
May 02, 2018, 08:36:11 PM
Bitcoin has been used and is still being used by criminals for many years. Actually bitcoin was commonly used as a mode of payments for illegal transactions in the darkweb. Every transactions made with bitcoin being anonymous and hard to track is one of the main factors that attracts criminals.
Activity: 92
May 02, 2018, 08:23:45 PM
Yes whether bitcoin existed or not, people would still steal. So stealing or criminalism would persist. Bitcoin is not the problem but human psychological make up. Scamming has been since the beginning of life even from the bible stories.

In our country they used the name bitcoin they pretended that they sell bitcoin but they are a scammer they fraud people but unfortunately they were apprehended by the police. Criminals were successful in their bad doings if you are lack of knowledge regarding said coin, because they will fool you many promises that comes out from their mouth they are a liar.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 02, 2018, 07:57:26 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

anyone can use anything if they really intended to. Specially bitcoin's anonymity function that can attract criminals to use it in illegal activity. This is why some government are vigilant with cryptocurrencies.

Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, but pseudo-anonymous so I don't think that criminals can really hide their illegal activity if they are using bitcoin. There's a lot of privacy coins though around that might suit their needs, but I'm also against criminals taking advantage of the technology that crypto has to offer.

But I think that the government is doing its part and its just a matter of time before they could apprehend them even if it takes years to hunt and track them down.
Activity: 87
May 02, 2018, 07:35:15 PM
if we see many criminals who target and always lurking wallets of the bitcoiners are weak pengamannya. if stealing in the real world we can directly pidanakan. but if in the digital world bitcoin we can not report to the authorities. and already to be tracked .
Activity: 238
dApps Development Automation Platform
May 02, 2018, 07:33:19 PM

anyone can use anything if they really intended to. Specially bitcoin's anonymity function that can attract criminals to use it in illegal activity. This is why some government are vigilant with cryptocurrencies.

yes that's right. A lot have used it already for criminality. In most countries they use it as a front in investing firms. There are several cases reported already that people use bitcoin to attract investors then eventually run away with their money.
dApps Development Automation Platform
May 02, 2018, 07:29:01 PM

May 02, 2018, 07:23:30 PM
in my opinion, I'm sure the police can hardly keep track of transactions in the form of bitcoins must use special methods to know the existing transactions. Besides, it is also the government's reason for banning bitcoin which they think bitcoin is a nest of crime deals
Pages:
Jump to: