Pages:
Author

Topic: Criticisms? - page 6. (Read 11855 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
June 22, 2012, 03:56:30 PM

What part of this don't you get?

From Wikipedia:

It is a resolution technique in which a third party reviews the evidence in the case and imposes a decision that is legally binding for both sides and enforceable.

In your NAP-Land, there is no enforcement and nothing is legally binding.

Wow - he didn't even read the link he posted Shocked
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
June 22, 2012, 03:53:43 PM
Your idea that in cities like London, people care about public opinion is quaint but wrong.  You whole idea fails if the people who "cheat" win.  Sorry you need to come up with an enforcement system that gives the siblings access to justice or you have nothing.

Make a will.

You can't make a will on behalf of a dead parent.  

Be honest; you don't have a just solution for them.

I do, you just don't think it will work. If the dead parent had had a will in the first place (as anyone with enough shit to fight over should), this wouldn't be an issue.

So if the problem didn't exist it would not be a problem?  

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percentage_of_people_in_the_US_die_without_a_Will

In the US alone, 55% of families have this problem.  Surely you have something to offer by way of justice for the half of American families in this position?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitration

What part of this don't you get?

From Wikipedia:

It is a resolution technique in which a third party reviews the evidence in the case and imposes a decision that is legally binding for both sides and enforceable.

In your NAP-Land, there is no enforcement and nothing is legally binding.
legendary
June 22, 2012, 03:53:11 PM
Your idea that in cities like London, people care about public opinion is quaint but wrong.  You whole idea fails if the people who "cheat" win.  Sorry you need to come up with an enforcement system that gives the siblings access to justice or you have nothing.

Make a will.

I do, you just don't think it will work. If the dead parent had had a will in the first place (as anyone with enough shit to fight over should), this wouldn't be an issue.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percentage_of_people_in_the_US_die_without_a_Will

In the US alone, 55% of families have this problem.  Surely you have something to offer by way of justice for the half of American families in this position?

Now you are trying to hide.  Grow up and think of an intelligent answer. 

I asked you for a just solution for the siblings when the eldest son in possession refuses arbitration.  What does your system offer for them to enforce their claims?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
June 22, 2012, 03:49:37 PM
Your idea that in cities like London, people care about public opinion is quaint but wrong.  You whole idea fails if the people who "cheat" win.  Sorry you need to come up with an enforcement system that gives the siblings access to justice or you have nothing.

Make a will.

In the US alone, 55% of families have this problem.  Surely you have something to offer by way of justice for the half of American families in this position?

legendary
June 22, 2012, 03:46:13 PM

Make a will.

June 22, 2012, 03:40:04 PM

Make a will.

legendary
June 22, 2012, 03:37:16 PM

Make a will.

June 22, 2012, 03:29:05 PM

Make a will.
legendary
June 22, 2012, 03:24:21 PM
June 22, 2012, 03:01:16 PM
We have already established that there can only be 1 arbitration firm; the one that has enforcement powers.  If you are saying that the enforcement agency is not a defence agency, that seems very inefficient.

Again with the we. Who the hell is we?

Arbitration is not enforced by violence. Thus, market competition can allow more than one.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.978281

We have been through this.  You can start with as many as you want but you can only end up with 1.

You quoted me disagreeing with you and then said we agreed. Come on, you can't think anyone is that stupid.

I quoted me proving there can only be 1 court/arbitration agency.

You have to come up with some way for this to work soon.  Going in circles where you are wrong all the time is boring me.

Arbitration is not enforced by violence. If you can't get that through your skull, there's nothing I can do to help you.

In NAP-Land, that's all it boils down to (violence and intimidation). Nothing else.
June 22, 2012, 02:56:19 PM
We have already established that there can only be 1 arbitration firm; the one that has enforcement powers.  If you are saying that the enforcement agency is not a defence agency, that seems very inefficient.

Arbitration is not enforced by violence. Thus, market competition can allow more than one.

We have been through this.  You can start with as many as you want but you can only end up with 1.

You quoted me disagreeing with you and then said we agreed. Come on, you can't think anyone is that stupid.

You have to come up with some way for this to work soon.  Going in circles where you are wrong all the time is boring me.

Arbitration is not enforced by violence. If you can't get that through your skull, there's nothing I can do to help you.
legendary
June 22, 2012, 02:52:39 PM
We have already established that there can only be 1 arbitration firm; the one that has enforcement powers.  If you are saying that the enforcement agency is not a defence agency, that seems very inefficient.

We have been through this.  You can start with as many as you want but you can only end up with 1.

You have to come up with some way for this to work soon.  Going in circles where you are wrong all the time is boring me.
June 22, 2012, 02:46:01 PM
Enforcement requires violence

And this is where you are wrong.

Disagreements are not settled by force in arbitration. They are settled by both parties coming to an agreement.

Incorrect. There is no guarantee that the parties will come to agreement. In fact, in your NAP-Land, due to a general "anything goes", we can be certain that it will be very common that both parties will not come to agreement. It's all about guns and money.

I suspect that a lot of those who do come to 'agreement' will be because one party is very intimidating.
June 22, 2012, 02:37:05 PM

legendary
June 22, 2012, 02:33:17 PM

June 22, 2012, 02:27:11 PM

legendary
June 22, 2012, 02:22:19 PM
We've already done this.  Each dispute that requires 1 side to win or lose will result in 1 defence agency going out of business.  There can never be a market for a "defence agency" that allows someone else to win.

No matter how many you start with, you end up with 1.

That's why defense agencies don't fight defense agencies. Defense agencies are just that: defense. Against criminals or invading armies, not each other. If you have a dispute, you don't call your defense agency, you call your arbitration firm.

June 22, 2012, 01:55:06 PM
If you have a dispute, you don't call your defense agency, you call your arbitration firm.

But they can be one and the same. Why can't someone create a company that does both? And why wouldn't I call that firm for their services?
June 22, 2012, 01:53:18 PM
What you might do is look up the concept of separation of powers; having executive, judicial and legislative powers all in 1 "defence agency" is guaranteed to be a disaster. 

Uh... yeah, duh.

That's why a defense agency is a defense agency, and a arbitration firm is an arbitration firm. I'm still not sure where you picked up the idea that they were the same thing.

Because the most efficient way to do it will be for same people to own the defence agency and to own the courts.  That way, they can charge for a guaranteed service.  Vertical integration is the technical term. 

Conflict of interest is the term you're looking for.

So you're an advocate of regulation then?
June 22, 2012, 01:32:39 PM
We've already done this.  Each dispute that requires 1 side to win or lose will result in 1 defence agency going out of business.  There can never be a market for a "defence agency" that allows someone else to win.

No matter how many you start with, you end up with 1.

That's why defense agencies don't fight defense agencies. Defense agencies are just that: defense. Against criminals or invading armies, not each other. If you have a dispute, you don't call your defense agency, you call your arbitration firm.
Pages:
Jump to: