Pages:
Author

Topic: Crossed 500 USD - Bull Market returns ? - page 9. (Read 22520 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Honestly asking, why wouldn't the government be able to move the bitcoins? Who cares that they used to belong to the Silk Road? I mean, they auction off confiscated cars and goods all the time, don't they?

What am I not understanding here?

They are hodling  Grin

The SR coins u r talking about have already been auctioned off.

Exactly. Tim Draper won the auction and got all the bitcoin. http://www.coindesk.com/tim-draper-revealed-silk-road-bitcoin-auction-winner/

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
Honestly asking, why wouldn't the government be able to move the bitcoins? Who cares that they used to belong to the Silk Road? I mean, they auction off confiscated cars and goods all the time, don't they?

They are hodling  Grin

The SR coins u r talking about have already been auctioned off.
Activity: 644
it's quite optimistic guess with recent condition, but nobody knows what will happen in next 5 months Grin
if there's a lot bitcoin demand and many new adoption from big company, say welcome to $2K
Activity: 83
Merit: 10

They are hodling  Grin
legendary
There is a good news to increase demand. Dell is now accepting Bitcoin. Moreover NY has laid out regulation for Bitcoin. Price is going to shoot again Smiley
legendary

Thanks for the link.

Writing later on her own blog, Kaminska went further, suggesting that "the whole auction was a sting."

"For, if I was the government stuck with a bunch of bitcoin I couldn’t shift because everyone knew my coins were the Silk Road batch, I too might be inclined to 'launder' the association away via a sealed auction that would make everyone assume that the coins were no longer on my book but actually still were," Kaminska said.

That is an interesting theory. Smiley

Now we know that VC Tim Draper won the U.S. Marshals bitcoin auction.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/02/us-usa-bitcoin-idUSKBN0F719920140702
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Activity: 633

Thanks for the link.

Writing later on her own blog, Kaminska went further, suggesting that "the whole auction was a sting."

"For, if I was the government stuck with a bunch of bitcoin I couldn’t shift because everyone knew my coins were the Silk Road batch, I too might be inclined to 'launder' the association away via a sealed auction that would make everyone assume that the coins were no longer on my book but actually still were," Kaminska said.

That is an interesting theory. Smiley
Activity: 31
I think the reason for the rise in price is more about the latest good news and less about this auction.
As you should know Newegg is the latest to jump on the bitcoin bandwagon (http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/1/5860556/newegg-now-accepts-bitcoin). That and the state of California clearing the waters a bit about payments in bitcoin might be the reason for the upswing.
Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,
Looks like the market is charmed all in a sudden. Price is standing at 632 usd now !!! What caused this ?

Pre-speculation bids that the result was an overbid instead of an underbid in the SR auction is my opinion
OR the news got released somewhere and I need to start searching ^_^.
That or sentiment is swinging upwards as June ends and we enter into July.

Does anyone know if the SR auction is over ? Market is steadily rising. It is 652 USD now !!!

Yes, it's been over. I don't think we will get any announcement as to who the winner was or what the price was, though. Apparently, it was one bidder for all 30k coins, and as far as I know, he/she hasn't come out of the woodwork.

http://www.coindesk.com/us-marshals-release-new-data-silk-road-bitcoin-auction/
Some info (no. of bidders, no. of bids) were announced, but no info on the winning bidders or winning price.

There was some information released about the winning bidder:
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jul/01/bitcoin-auction-mystery-winner-bid-silk-road

Mystery bidder wins auction of Silk Road's nearly 30,000 bitcoin

US marshals do not release name of successful bidder as prominent contenders come forward and bitcoin prices rise
Activity: 633
Looks like the market is charmed all in a sudden. Price is standing at 632 usd now !!! What caused this ?

Pre-speculation bids that the result was an overbid instead of an underbid in the SR auction is my opinion

Does anyone know if the SR auction is over ? Market is steadily rising. It is 652 USD now !!!

Yes, it's been over. I don't think we will get any announcement as to who the winner was or what the price was, though. Apparently, it was one bidder for all 30k coins, and as far as I know, he/she hasn't come out of the woodwork.

http://www.coindesk.com/us-marshals-release-new-data-silk-road-bitcoin-auction/
Some info (no. of bidders, no. of bids) were announced, but no info on the winning bidders or winning price.
Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
That depends I guess on how much information the Fed decide to release on the auction details
I presume they might allow the information to be leaked through an unofficial channel for interested Bitcoiners if they do not do it officially since they allowed the auction to continue after the bid list and interested parties list was released. 
Activity: 625
why it's very hard to see bitcoin >$600 atm
reach $604 for a moment, and drop again below $600
was silk road seized bitcoin auction make negative sentiment?

absolutely... the market sentiment is the auction winner may dump all the coins in the market overnight to encash them ...which is bullshit.

BTW, AFAIK, the winning price won't be announced publicly.
Phase III: Award and Sale Close
On Monday, June 30, 2014, by 5:00 PM EDT, the USMS will notify the winning bidder/bidders that their bid/bids has/have been selected. Any winning bidder must send the purchase price funds (less the $200,000 deposit amount) by a wire transfer originating from a bank located within the United States and provide a wire transmittal receipt to the USMS by 5:00 PM EDT, Tuesday, July 01, 2014. It is the responsibility of the winning bidder to understand their bank’s deadline for initiating wire transfers in order to ensure that the domestic wire transfer is initiated and a wire transmittal receipt provided to the USMS by the deadline. Failure to provide the USMS with a copy of the wire transmittal receipt by the deadline will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the deposit, and award to another bidder.
Bitcoins will be transferred to winning bidders in the order that each winning bid was received. No bitcoin transfer will be made until the USMS has confirmed receipt of all purchase funds. The winning bidder(s) will be given private instructions related to the transferring of the bitcoins.

So, we may never know the auction price, or get lots of FUDs and misinformation. Smiley
Activity: 3
Do you even realize how pointless that sounds? Nobody would sell a small part of their bitcoins crashing market and losing most of the investment
Activity: 601
Vote 4fryn :)
why it's very hard to see bitcoin >$600 atm
reach $604 for a moment, and drop again below $600
was silk road seized bitcoin auction make negative sentiment?

absolutely... the market sentiment is the auction winner may dump all the coins in the market overnight to encash them ...which is bullshit.

Not necessarily, they may sell a bit and keep most but that would still crash the markets
Pages:
Jump to: