Pages:
Author

Topic: Crossed 500 USD - Bull Market returns ? - page 11. (Read 22520 times)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Trend seems to be going down.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018
The US government's auction of bitcoins could attract some big players.
They might see an opportunity of obtaining bitcoins without moving the market.
In which case, prices would rise again.

I agree with the former point, not so much with the latter. I think the news put a damper on the market (no one knows if they will sell for a premium or a discount -- and if for a discount, they could literally suppress the price on exchanges).

How could the bitcoin be selling for at premium, while the buyers can buy bitcoin on exchanges little by little, day by day?

Because some buyers may want to accumulate a big position, and soon. Doing so on an exchange without drastically driving the price up is impossible. But I think it's hard to say which way it will go.

If you buy a big amount of BTC with the auction at market price you made money compared to buying on the market because buying this big amount of BTC would have drive the price up while you were buying so you bought a lower price than market price

But the funny thing is that if you want to sell your BTC you will lose money because you will drive the price lower even if you bought lower than market price!
Activity: 624
Merit: 500

I agree with the former point, not so much with the latter. I think the news put a damper on the market (no one knows if they will sell for a premium or a discount -- and if for a discount, they could literally suppress the price on exchanges).

How could the bitcoin be selling for at premium, while the buyers can buy bitcoin on exchanges little by little, day by day?

Because some buyers may want to accumulate a big position, and soon. Doing so on an exchange without drastically driving the price up is impossible. But I think it's hard to say which way it will go.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

The number of bitcoins you can buy for approximately the current market price depends upon the market depth.

If you look at this site, you will see the number of bitcoins people are willing to buy/sell at specific rates.
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitstampUSD_depth.html

If a whale keeps buying bitcoins, prices would inch forward.
So it might be desirable for them to buy a big chunk of bitcoins from the fed, even at a premium.
Activity: 571

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
just enjoy the ride guys it will eventually go up soon as bitcoin is becoming mainstream so it will increase its demand but anyway keep up the patience and jusy hoddlll the coins
Agreed. Prices would quickly adjust to the auction price (whether at a premium or discount) and then move from there.
As far as I know, the feds have not put a floor price for the auction.
If they disclose the number of registered bidders, we will have an idea of the demand.

That might give us an idea... but who knows. Even if a relatively small number of bidders were to register, they could be buying on behalf of some very, very big whales. So it's hard to say even then what demand would be like, just looking at such data.
legendary
Agreed. Prices would quickly adjust to the auction price (whether at a premium or discount) and then move from there.
As far as I know, the feds have not put a floor price for the auction.
If they disclose the number of registered bidders, we will have an idea of the demand.

legendary
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com
Just HODL
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196
Reputation first.
In dangerous range zone now. Might go up or might go down.

Exactly bro. Stay away from the market now and don't sell bitcoin !

But, I like to think that price of Bitcoin will rise up next week, after this news Smiley
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
In dangerous range zone now. Might go up or might go down.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
It is going lower now... standing at 541.56 USD Smiley
SO we are heading back to 500$ a guess..! The subject of the thread should be changed to that  "Crossed 500 USD - Bull Market returns ? " doesn't make much sense now.
Lets see how the market reacts on Monday

You have made a correct point... lately I'm seeing some downward trend in the weekends.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
SO we are heading back to 500$ a guess..! The subject of the thread should be changed to that  "Crossed 500 USD - Bull Market returns ? " doesn't make much sense now.
Lets see how the market reacts on Monday
legendary
Bull market trend has not broken since 2009.

Price jumped from 1100+ USD to 350+ USD. Dont u consider that beer market ?

I guess you can find a technical trend on a logarithmic trend that we didn't break if that is what he means

We recovered from 350USD to 637USD on Bitstamp now; will we go lower once again or even a few more times before we go up to new highs or will we reach 1000$ and more soon?
Doubt it'll go lower before it goes higher first.

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

I guess you can find a technical trend on a logarithmic trend that we didn't break if that is what he means

We recovered from 350USD to 637USD on Bitstamp now; will we go lower once again or even a few more times before we go up to new highs or will we reach 1000$ and more soon?
Doubt it'll go lower before it goes higher first.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,

Long term bull market. Mid term bear market. The question now is -- are we entering a new mid term bull market? Or will the bear market continue? Smiley
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: