Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto and automobile - page 9. (Read 1010 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
April 27, 2018, 09:47:40 PM
There are people out there who would be willing to trade cars for BTC's. You posted this question so I assume you probably have enough BTC's to buy you a fancy car. Just be wary of location. You have to be sure whoever you're going to trade to is well within your area so that it lessens the probability of you getting scammed. Moreover, you can simply cash out and go to a nearest dealer of your choice. Maybe, you can read more a bit and see if there are car dealers in your area who would accept BTC (maybe).
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 09:41:38 PM
I'm just curious when can I start buying my dream cars with altcoins, I mean can huge automobile companies like Toyota, Ford and Nissan start accepting cryptocurrency as means of exchange
Bitcoin is still at the early stages of its life, it is still maturing this is why it is still not accepted widely, but that will change as more people begin to adopt it and begin to use it in their everyday lives, so if you have enough cryptocurrencies to buy a car right now my advice is that you wait and hold for more years, eventually companies like those will begin to accept cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
April 27, 2018, 06:14:59 PM
I'm just curious when can I start buying my dream cars with altcoins, I mean can huge automobile companies like Toyota, Ford and Nissan start accepting cryptocurrency as means of exchange
It is very difficult to apply to large companies I think, because the price of crypto is very fluctuating and that may be something that is the reason why big companies still do not receive crypto as a means of payment. If you already have a lot of bitcoin on your wallet, then you can convert it and then buy your dream car using fiat.
Activity: 910
Merit: 507
April 27, 2018, 06:06:46 PM
I think some company of automobile are accepting bitcoin because they know about it. Why you can try to ask them if they are accepting bitcoin so that you can pay them bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
April 27, 2018, 05:59:48 PM
With a US subprime auto loan issue looming on the horizon, right next to the subprime student loan issue and what could be a future subprime mortgage issue sequel. Automakers could accept crypto in the future to keep demand relatively constant and prevent prices from falling drastically on decreased demand. Crypto currencies could represent millions, perhaps even billions in untapped revenue. Whoever manages to effectively tap that revenue stream first could gain a significant advantage over their competitors.

If anyone accepts bitcoin or crypto in the future, I would guess Tesla Motors will be first. Elon Musk has said pro bitcoin things in the past. He seems to appreciate economic and financial benefits crypto has to offer and I wouldn't be surprised if he included it in his future plans. It could help him to get a jump on the big three automakers in the USA and his business could flourish and prosper as a result.

I think it is still possible to buy a car via bitcoin even without automakers offering crypto support.

Here's one potential method someone in school could use.

Easy school method to buy a car via bitcoin.
#1 Buy candy using crypto online from a retailer which offers free shipping.
#2 Sell candy in school to fellow students at a price markup to convert btc to fiat.
(With free shipping a price markup here and a sale/discount could give someone a 20%+ bonus on their initial sum)
#3 Use fiat to buy car.

It might take a little bit of time for this method to work but the rewards could be worth it.

Smiley
Activity: 668
Merit: 255
April 27, 2018, 05:24:10 PM
I think, that with such popularization of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in general, it might happen in near future. Even now in some countries you already can easily buy automobile using bitcoins. And I think most of the dealers will like to accept most stable cryptocurrencies now, you should just ask them.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
April 27, 2018, 03:33:45 PM

Buying them with altcoins is no different from buying it on fiat in terms of pricing as generally, price will just be the same once payment settled. Well the advantage is, no need to withdraw lots of fiat so a less hassle. You can also consider finding a second hand and proposed a crypto payment. Who knows the seller knows cryptos too and since it's second hand, you can buy on it cheap. Just tell them the honest issue of the said vehicle.

But before dreaming on that, work hard first to achieved lots on your stash as even car companies will start accepting cryptos as payment method, if you don't have enough then it's not making sense.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
April 27, 2018, 03:26:45 PM

You can do it today if you have enough BTC,for instance if you live in USA there is some car dealers who will gladly accept your crypto.For Europe it seems to be only one one car dealer in Italy for now,but somehow it seems to me that this information is incorrect.

However it will take some time that payments with cryptocurrency become commonplace practice,maybe in next 5-10 years you will not ask such question Wink
I hope in the next 5 years I will be able to exchange my crypto-coins from lamborghini manufacturers for their car Cheesy
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 02:00:39 PM
You can pretty easily do that today. All what you need is a dealer. With the increased awareness, more people have stepped into crypto market. You can easily find dealers.

Regarding big companies accepting Bitcoin. It will take more years before it actually becomes a reality. With $400 billion mcap, cryptocurrencies haven't entered a mature phase for these companies to take it seriously. Companies are definitely counting upon cryptocurrencies and blockchain.  But most of them are at R&D level.
Activity: 621
Merit: 108
April 27, 2018, 01:54:18 PM
you cant do it using altcoins,because for sure no companies or establishments that accepts other coins than bitcoin,better convert your altcoins to bitcoins and then buy your dream cars,it doesnt need to be the company itself whos you need to buy,you can use third party to do it for you if only having enough amount to purchase

I have seen retailers accept ETH and LTC as payment, so you're not entirely correct. Well, not in car sales (yet), but eventually this will happen.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
April 27, 2018, 01:36:47 PM
Perhaps, such big companies will also begin to accept cryptocurrencies as payment
Though some people already have bought apartments, houses and cars for cryptocurrency
Present, in 3 years you will be able not only to buy the car of our dream for cryptocurrency, but this car will mining own cryptocurrency, we will allow toyota coin on which you will refuel or change oil on the technical station
Activity: 546
Merit: 17
April 27, 2018, 07:44:30 AM
depending on where do you live in which state? whether the state has adopted crypto or not? some countries have adopted bitcoin and made it a legitimate transaction tool. now it's useless, if your own country can not accept bitcoin as a means of payment. if all countries adopt bitcoin, anything we want will be very easy to have.
Activity: 278
Merit: 10
April 27, 2018, 07:07:28 AM
Nowadays Japan really active in the crypto market. I think, that you want to buy Japanese car by crypto, it will be true in next few years
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
April 27, 2018, 07:02:04 AM
you cant do it using altcoins,because for sure no companies or establishments that accepts other coins than bitcoin,better convert your altcoins to bitcoins and then buy your dream cars,it doesnt need to be the company itself whos you need to buy,you can use third party to do it for you if only having enough amount to purchase
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
April 27, 2018, 06:59:53 AM
The European retail giant Alza has started accepting bitcoin payments, and the next step is to accept altcoins! .

In Alza, you can buy tesla cars with BTC!

Users can buy cars with BTC as if they were living things!

Tesla car, well not so bad ! Now , we can buy lots of thing with bitcoin, I guess it will become more and more common as a way of payment. I see that in Spain, you can also buy houses in bitcoin.
Activity: 56
April 27, 2018, 06:55:41 AM
If you have enough bitcoins in your wallet to buy, then exchange them for dollars and your problem will be solved.
Activity: 134
April 27, 2018, 06:51:11 AM
Actually, you can make transactions using bitcoin with the fellow owner of bitcoin savings. So, transactions using bitcoin depend on those who transact with us, because not everyone has bitcoins and understand about cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
April 27, 2018, 05:44:19 AM
Currently several countries have begun to adopt crypto such as bitcoin etc as legitimate payment to buy anything, as the car may be an example. But unfortunately, if you live in a country that limits crypto into your country of residence you will find it hard to buy the car you want using crypto. Big companies like ford basically follow the flow of state government. So, the conclusion is that if a government can adopt crypto as a legitimate payment instrument within the country you can buy anything, including the car you desire.
Activity: 22
April 27, 2018, 05:41:04 AM
The European retail giant Alza has started accepting bitcoin payments, and the next step is to accept altcoins! .

In Alza, you can buy tesla cars with BTC!

Users can buy cars with BTC as if they were living things!
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
April 27, 2018, 05:36:00 AM
Probably automobile companies would accept crypto once it has become mainstream and is used as an alternative means to pay, like credit card. It will take at least 4 years for it to happen, so expect paying in crypto to buy your dream car 6 years from now(at least for some countries like Japan, and other countries that legalized crypto and Bitcoin now.
Pages:
Jump to: