Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold? - page 11. (Read 2302 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 176
Unless the Crypto market is regulated I don't think that cryptocurrencies can become less volatile than gold. The reason for that is cause if the crypto markets are regulated than no one can manipulate the price easily, whereas if the Crypto market is unregulated the whales manipulate the price and causes massive price swings.
except for a strong impact on the market by large holders of crypto-currency, such are still information manipulations. Although these opportunities are also used by someone, since negative information also strongly affects the users of crypto-currencies, which begin to react inadequately to the received information.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Unless the Crypto market is regulated I don't think that cryptocurrencies can become less volatile than gold. The reason for that is cause if the crypto markets are regulated than no one can manipulate the price easily, whereas if the Crypto market is unregulated the whales manipulate the price and causes massive price swings.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

Disagree, gold has a market situation that goes up and down faster than crypto, not to mention the price of 1 coin crypto I think is more valuable than gold. It's just a matter of time.
Activity: 168
Bitcoin will eventually end up like gold. Gold has a very long history behind it and bitcoin is at its early stage yet so it takes time for that to happen. If all the  bitcoins will be mined and circulated then absolutely the means that it is accepted worldwide and people will start using it and no entity will manipulate it anymore. That can lessen the volatility of bitcoin's price.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

Naturally, crypto is a new player who is building a strong network.
If today gold is more stable than crypto it is because gold is one of the old way investments that are well known to many people.
Activity: 196

What do you guys think?

I think both gold and crypto are equally good. It would be better if you have investment in these two things, I am sure you will become rich.
Activity: 223
I think, Crypto is very unstable and there is no comparison between gold and cryptocurrency because gold can be traded everywhere but we have very less trading options for cryptocurrency and can not be traded physically and More and more people are using and trade, the less one person or event can cause volatility.

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
July 05, 2018, 11:55:00 PM
I don't think that willa happen, gold is a store of value that has been used for a long time and crypto is still new so there's still a lot of speculation about it. Also gold is controlled by government so the price is stable. Right now crypto adoption is still small and people only use it for speculation purpose.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
July 05, 2018, 11:34:42 PM
Yes, of course, it is a good idea. with can be used as a medium of the transaction could certainly crypto to press into more stable than what exists now. but it is not easy because of a large number of still policy that prohibits many things about crypto or used as a means of payment. This is enough to make crypto still in conditions of very large fluctuations until today.
Activity: 80
July 05, 2018, 11:27:33 PM
Yes, gold can be used as money, and in any country in the world, cryptocurrency is not enough, and encryption is now a virtual existence. And encryption is not recognized by the state.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
July 05, 2018, 10:58:16 PM

What do you guys think?

It's too early to say crypto is unstable compared to gold, and I would not compare crypto vs gold, where gold was born earlier than the newly born crypto. Very unfair if we think so.
Activity: 70
July 05, 2018, 03:50:08 PM
Cryptocurrency is a new thing to our economic culture. Gold is a primitive medium of exchange. So you have give some time to cryptocurrency. Surely it will be less volatile when public will adopt this new culture.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
July 05, 2018, 03:42:45 PM
Gold is a precious stone, a thing. It can be kept in hands, stored, handed down from generation to generation. And crypto is nothing, it's just numbers, now it's there, and tomorrow it's not known what will happen. Therefore, crypto and gold can not be compared, they are completely different assets. In my opinion.
Activity: 924
Merit: 11
July 05, 2018, 03:38:09 PM
i cant imaginate that crypto can be less volatile than gold ) I never seen before fast raising of gold or fast falling ) But crypto can make you reach or poor in just a few days, hour's or even minutes. Maybe my knowledge of historical price is bad, but i see current cryptocurrency charts.
Activity: 658
July 05, 2018, 03:31:00 PM
Traders like volatility but investors hate volatility. Actually gold is a very volatile asset but it is not so incredibly volatile like crude oil. I tried to find similarity between BTC and gold but I was failed I could not. I think that BTC is more volatile than gold but BTC is easier on trading.
Activity: 271
Merit: 10
July 05, 2018, 11:57:05 AM
The cryptocurrency is not yet fully regulated, and any whale can control it, but gold is stored in central banks around the world as a strategic reserve, and no whale can hold a lot of gold.
And you can't carry gold to other countries at will, because it may be suspected of smuggling gold, but cryptocurrency, you can freely send it to any corner of the world.
Therefore, the price of gold is so stable because it is strictly regulated by all countries in the world,but crypto not.
Activity: 237
Merit: 10
July 05, 2018, 11:46:00 AM

What do you guys think?

this can't be happening.
crypto will be more volatile than gold.
but the price of the token will have much value than gold. (some)
but i am sure that it will lessen the manipulation of gold in the market.
Activity: 238
July 05, 2018, 11:30:03 AM
The main thing that makes crypto so easy to change in my opinion is still the fact that it's relatively new, and the market is not as famous as the gold market. Probably because the gold price is stable thoroughly, so many people want to invest. In contrast, crypto prices are sometimes unstable and unpredictable, and this is an acceptable reason why people would rather invest in gold.
Activity: 98
July 05, 2018, 10:48:39 AM

What do you guys think?
Yes, when crypto like Bitcoin has really become a currency, then it will not be an interesting thing anymore and maybe the fluctuations will be equivalent to USD.
Activity: 328
Merit: 100
July 05, 2018, 10:03:17 AM
I think that comparing cryptoccurencies with gold is not correct. The crypt is clearly not in the best condition now, because the market is not stable.
Pages:
Jump to: