Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold? - page 13. (Read 2302 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 2
 You can compare only crypto to gold through it's value but not it's nature. Gold is more stable than crypto because crypto are so volatile, it  rapidly change it's price. And volatility of crypto are the reason why you earn more profit from it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May
Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?
Stable is not good if we are trader. Stable only good if the price of crypto will be used for buying any stuff.
What do you think? So this is very difficult choice for me. First i want to use crypto in daily adoption to use to buy something but if its happen then trader will be not effective anymore.
Activity: 520
Merit: 250
I do not think that. Gold has the same characteristics as decentralized supply, but some recent adjustments show that government and banking will have some impact on the management of gold prices and volatility. Right now, cryptocurrency is yet to be managed and controlled. Volatility will help the market to survive. This is the most important feature of crypto.

Crypto needs to be volatile in order to us to have good trading strategy or profit unlike in gold it is more into investment that can be a source of income whenever crypto is not on good state. Having both can ensure a better life.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
I think it's possible, but in the future, in 15 years. So far, cryptocurrencies are only developing, and it would be good if they now just grew in price, reaching its peak.

Why 15 years? Does it depend on the speed of Bitcoin mining? We all know that sooner or later all coins will be mined, I have read some articles about when it will finally happen (and all of them give different predictions actually), but then the price will not be so volatile, to my mind. Or I am mistaken? So small bitcoin price volatility will immediately make other coins/tokens less volatile as well.
Activity: 139
Merit: 0
I do not think that. Gold has the same characteristics as decentralized supply, but some recent adjustments show that government and banking will have some impact on the management of gold prices and volatility. Right now, cryptocurrency is yet to be managed and controlled. Volatility will help the market to survive. This is the most important feature of crypto.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
I think it's possible, but in the future, in 15 years. So far, cryptocurrencies are only developing, and it would be good if they now just grew in price, reaching its peak.
Activity: 245
Merit: 10
The Future Of Work

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

If i will choose between crypto and gold? Crypto is definitely my choose. Yeah you're right that crypto and gold has similarities but in becomes of value i think crypto is so different in gold because crypto is can be become more valuable than gold if the market has a moon.
Activity: 910
Merit: 371
For sure it can
Volatility is about liquidity and amount of money in an asset. As more money as less volatility
So in far far future when btc will be as common as credit cards I think it's very possible
Activity: 125

What do you guys think?

It depends on what place bitcoin will take in the future. If he will be in the role of a payment system or in the role of storing value - these are very different things. In any case, I think that it will not be soon
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I don't think so.
Even if Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is adopted by all the people, there will be whales that can manipulate prices.
The reason why gold price is more stable is not its adoption. Gold price is controlled by central banks.
Right, but let's not forget that in a market with a lot of potentials, the institutions will always have to get a huge position in such market and I would not be surprised if this market turns out to be like that. However, it would not change its decentralized nature anyway, but the thing here is that with a huge market capitalization and great level of adoption, it is entirely possible to have less fluctuation, but when is what we do not know.

With a huge market cap, I believe less volatile than gold is going to be possible. This is still a very small market compared to the larger market and we still do have a long way to go, which I believe anyone who understands the future potential will definitely know better. There would be less fluctuation in the long run, but we are still far from it I believe and with real life usage and main stream adoption, I believe we can get there fast.
Activity: 115

I think gold is more stable than gold crypto.investasi more difficult to develop when d compare crypto.gold more suitable in say as a savings than in say as an investment.becouse gold can not grow its value.
Activity: 336

What do you guys think?
I think that with gold you can only compare bitcoin. The rest of the coins are more appropriate to compare with the stocks of IT start-ups
Activity: 156
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
Altcoins will never ever be the same as gold in my opinion they are more comarable to somethink like stocks. But bitcoin is in my opinion ideed comparable to gold
Activity: 153
Gold prices are more stable than crypto and maybe that's one reason why people prefer gold and crypto not everyone knows it and sometimes prices go up sometimes degenerate, but crypto has an advantage in terms of security but if used for everyday purposes I think for now it has not been strong for some countries since it has not been allowed to be a legitimate means of exchange.
What you say I think is true. People may prefer gold because it has a stable price and always increases over time. Gold becomes a good investment medium and crypto becomes an investment medium that can provide high profits. Today, many people are getting rich by crypto, and I have seen the evidence. However, all forms of investment have risks, I think investing in crypto is higher than gold investment.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
Can be. But this is possible only after all real money has completely disappeared. Therefore, we wait another 10 years.
Activity: 508
Gold prices are more stable than crypto and maybe that's one reason why people prefer gold and crypto not everyone knows it and sometimes prices go up sometimes degenerate, but crypto has an advantage in terms of security but if used for everyday purposes I think for now it has not been strong for some countries since it has not been allowed to be a legitimate means of exchange.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3

What do you guys think?
people's perceptions vary the same thing as we work, not necessarily people see our work is easily undertaken.

how we live it alone, remain grateful when we live happily.
Activity: 151

What do you guys think?

I think crypto the future will be more popular and many stores are receiving payments via bitcoin, but for the price stability I think it's hard because crypto has decentralized system and it will not be stable anytime.
Activity: 294
One my mate said a great thing. Crypto is volative, if not - we would not need a crypto at all. This is the key
Activity: 532
The market capitalization and liquidity of the gold today is larger comparing to bitcoin which is believed to be new gold (like Worren Buffet says), so it is still more volatile and nothing indicates it become less volatile in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: