Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto Currency should be Integrated into School Curriculum - page 7. (Read 1426 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 460
After reading so many theories, Analysis and the powers of crypto currency in a nation's economy, the greater impact it will bring to developed and fast developing countries. I began to wonder why is crypto currency not accepted in some area's and organization of the world, can we characterized this as lack of information, and awareness to the people. If this be the case, Can we find a way to adopted Crypto Currency as a Subject and integrate it into our school curriculum, or better still as topic and integrate it into Economy's. This has been on my mind, And I honestly need your contribution and your thoughts towards this. I honestly think crypto currency, BTC and ETH for example. Should be adopted globally and accepted by everyone. Thanks
If at the initial stage of introduction, I think today's young people already know what cryptocurrency is, with some trading platform advertisements or brokers in general already knowing it. yes although it is not evenly distributed most young people already know it and in economics textbooks, there is also a discussion about BTC and ETH at the high school level,

I think the adoption of cryptocurrency to be included in school children's learning curriculum is not a good decision if the goal is only to increase their income, I think it will be the other way around for students to become gamblers because we know the value of cryptocurrency is a volatile and risky scheme, I think it can be devastating. the future of the students themselves, especially for the country itself, it could go bankrupt because most of its generation is a gambler mentality, how to anticipate it?

there are some that you should pay attention to and consider, especially the impact that will arise if you want to be included in the school curriculum. I am just reminding you Wink
Activity: 400
Merit: 105
This should be done by our government and i assume blockchain and cryptography will be in our main curriculum within last decade. Social awareness is already raising and people are involving in crypto very fast. Government will be forced to initiate this awareness in a large scale for keeping people safe from scamming activities. A global adoption will be emerged very soon.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
Including it on curriculum will just make young minds exposed on high risk investment.

I don't necessarily to agree to the angle saying it may expose young minds to high risk investment because risk doesn't have age boundary, young people are already in the involvement in risky activities and financial risk is not even more dangerous to drugs dealing in youth.

We have had young billionaires because they started early, by listing there names you know the list is endless, the Facebook owner is to be mentioned, he started early, We also have kids who are now rich because they see their talents early enough, in comedy, music and entertainment.

This should be teach only on advance course but not cryptocurrency but rather the use of blockchain because that is what important technology that needs to learn and not cryptocurrency in general since it will more focus on price discussion rather than technicalities.

This part I agree. It can come as special course of study for the people interested in going for the proper understanding of blockchain. What is even to be important is adoption. Bitcoin is not totally adoption in the world except you are writing on the country using bitcoin as national financial instrument talking of El Salvador to start with. If country that has not adopted bitcoin in full terms they will not introduce blockchain technology in school because it is going to be illegal from beginning for schools not government owned .
Activity: 1232
Merit: 12
It's time for the education world to care about preparing students to get to know cryptocurrencies early, slowly the cryptocurrencies marketcap is getting bigger and will become commonplace one day, if students know cryptocurrencies it will be easier to make the country developed.
Activity: 3108
Merit: 972
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Lol. Dream on op. You need to temper your expectations. Many world governments outright ban BTC and other cryptocurrencies since they fear them due to the possibility of losing power and money.

Why on earth would they want to include them in school curriculums? That wouldn't benefit them at all and it could even screw kids lives due to its risky nature.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
After reading so many theories, Analysis and the powers of crypto currency in a nation's economy, the greater impact it will bring to developed and fast developing countries. I began to wonder why is crypto currency not accepted in some area's and organization of the world, can we characterized this as lack of information, and awareness to the people. If this be the case, Can we find a way to adopted Crypto Currency as a Subject and integrate it into our school curriculum, or better still as topic and integrate it into Economy's. This has been on my mind, And I honestly need your contribution and your thoughts towards this. I honestly think crypto currency, BTC and ETH for example. Should be adopted globally and accepted by everyone. Thanks

Although I would love to see Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies to be included in the school curriculum, but I think it shouldn’t be a main subject. It can be under Finance subject. Blockchain however is a different one, which can be considered a main one due to its use case and fundamentals.

I would rather see a subject called “Financial Literacy” in a lot of universities in which they can include Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, NFTs, etc., as sub-topics. Just my honest opinion guys.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Whilst it seems like a reasonable thing to do in specific cases such as El Salvador (*), though Bitcoin centered in scope, in general terms, it seems farfetched to include Bitcoin or any broader scope in school curriculum for the most. I’m not even sure people come out of school with much of an economical background for their day to day nowadays, and including specific content on cryptocurrency seems rather distant to school attendant’s educational needs in terms of priority.

Of course it can be mentioned here and there, and even have some introductory content elaborated under the broader scope of economics or even IT, but I wouldn’t consider anything with any depth to be taught until one reaches University (and even then, probably enclosed in existing subjects, or as an optional choice within specific careers).

(*) Ongoing initiatives (see this one for example) are currently being carried out in that sense there, though not yet conforming  any official school curriculum. It does, however, seem like something that should be done over there, allowing the student population to become well acquainted with bitcoin, which, after all, is something they are going to need to understand and manage.
Activity: 162
Merit: 19
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
Why though?
What would you have them teach and at what stage in school would it be taught? This is easier said than done as it’s easy to dream of a utopia but very difficult to achieve such.
I want to see bitcoin adopted and used  worldwide but I also think we shouldn’t integrate the study of cryptocurrencies into a school curriculum.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
I strongly disagree. If it were bitcoin maybe but cryptocurrencies in general, absolutely not. Considering that most altcoins are useless scam coins that are only used for gambling (making bets on the price on exchanges) there is not much to be taught at schools. There isn't much innovation in them to make them an interesting topic either.
When it comes to bitcoin the innovations and the revolution that it created in the way we perceive currency is an interesting topic but I still don't think schools is the best place for it to be taught.
Besides, bitcoin is not yet accepted as a legal tender or even a currency in majority of the world. So there is a first step to be taken before we talk about integration into school curriculum.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
Crypto is not accepted in some areas for different reasons. For one, governments are either against it or don't care enough to recognize it or even study about it. But perhaps there are also areas where Bitcoin wasn't that appealing. I mean, people are generally contented with what they have. In some countries where Bitcoin must be appealing, a lot are probably unfamiliar with it. The word of Bitcoin haven't reached them yet. Or perhaps they don't have the technological infrastructures to make the most of Bitcoin. Of course, there are also factors coming from the side of Bitcoin itself like its price volatility.

Anyway, depending on where you are, Bitcoin or crypto and their underlying technologies have indeed been integrated into certain university courses.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 843
School curriculum? Which mean 6-17 years old kids should learn about crypto currency? it doesn't effective and not every kids want to learn that particular course. It's better to have a finance or investment course since crypto currency isn't the only one asset that can be used for investment. If those kids doesn't have any knowledge about programming or computer, it will be worse since they will call crypto currency is scam. While actually not all crypto currency is scam e.g. Bitcoin.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
I always find why they don't want to include such as how investment or making money/entrepreneurship in school curriculum so that everyone could have a basic knows about the market. And crypto currency is just new to them since it was just started at 2009 and it was not that famous yet until the price show a great potential.

Perhaps they don't find any relevance to this applying to the school curriculum but if they could include some subjects that aren't useful after you graduated at school then they should somehow include basic economics and crypto currency subjects since it's a thing now especially the crypto currency.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
I do think that as a stand-alone subject, it would be relatively difficult to teach about BTC in the school curriculum. It must be integrated and explained by applying it in our current financial and economics for easier visualization and application. I also do think that an elective as a college class would be a great idea, given the fact that lots of students are now curious about knowing and understanding the fundamentals of BTC and its effects.

I just hope that the government would allow it to be integrated into our school curriculum without any repercussions. Lots of countries nowadays have started this movement and I hope that they do it soon.
Activity: 700
Merit: 577
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I don't think governments in the global system will allow it because they even hate cryptocurrency talking of accept it. Yes it is a good thing to adopt bitcoin in a nation curriculum but the problem is the authorities. what kind of organization are you referring to? there are a lot of organizations that have adopted bitcoin but the problem is the government institutions (schools). I believed if cryptocurrency will be accepted in schools it can be found in computer studies and economics.

cryptocurrency should be a subject on it own not a topic under another subject because cryptocurrency is broad. You can not force everyone to do cryptocurrency so I prefer it to be as an elective subject or course.
Activity: 840
Merit: 23
It is  a welcome idea but i bet it will mean so much distraction for students especially those in the elementary classes as well as early college. because combining money and academics comes with lots of distraction if not well managed. If the technology behind crypto currency lets say cryptography it will be far appreciated compared to crypto as a currency
Activity: 2282
Merit: 589
That's a brilliant idea to adopt cryptocurrency in school curriculum, but I don't think most government will want to do that since most of them are against cryptocurrency for now, since they don't have control over it. The only school that can adopt cryptocurrency in their school curriculum are schools that cryptocurrency is legal in the country, but the countries that already ban bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, then it won't be possible. Before any course can be added to a school curriculum, the Couse have to be approved by the government, since most countries are tagging bitcoin with bad things so they won't add it, but I know it might just take time but they won't have choice than to accept bitcoin.
The government will add a curriculum to schools if the crypto adoption factor is legal based on regulations, but for countries that prohibit crypto activities it will be difficult to add crypto education to the school curriculum, but every country certainly has a crypto community so crypto education will still be spread even though it has limitations due to conflict with government regulations
Activity: 1400
Merit: 911
That's a brilliant idea to adopt cryptocurrency in school curriculum, but I don't think most government will want to do that since most of them are against cryptocurrency for now, since they don't have control over it. The only school that can adopt cryptocurrency in their school curriculum are schools that cryptocurrency is legal in the country, but the countries that already ban bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, then it won't be possible. Before any course can be added to a school curriculum, the Couse have to be approved by the government, since most countries are tagging bitcoin with bad things so they won't add it, but I know it might just take time but they won't have choice than to accept bitcoin.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 770
Technologically they like but control they hate. Yes it is the government, which does not want to lose control. But blockchain technology has inspired and proven many Banks that started making CBDC, including my country. They have made blue print plans but there has been no realization.
If you look at this effect, of course, including crypto in education is a step forward. It seems like my country has had some that provide defense at the college level. But for now Crypto is synonymous with currencies and is widely banned by the world bank hence it seems that we have to be patient for more developments.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Cryptocurrency is too wide of a subject field, and adding all of it to a school curriculum would mean teaching children about scams and schemes how to get rick quickly. Bitcoin and blockchain on the other hand is something that could be taught at University level, for example. 

But we are far from having any of that on a global scale. Not when we have presidential decrees aiming to change a decentralized and censorship-resistant blockchain into something controlled by selected government agencies. Since that won't work, the next best thing from their perspective is a CBDC and hopefully no attempts to ban that what they cannot control.
Activity: 882
Merit: 274
School? It's like opening schools where you teach people only how to make money, its never going to work and the government will be on your ass ASAP, crypto can't be teach in schools you want to ruin all the government plans  Grin  Grin, if you feel like someone have to do this then nothing should be stopping you, do some gathering in your home town first and teach people about crypto, this is a better approach.
Pages:
Jump to: