Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 8. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 12
March 05, 2018, 07:39:18 AM
It's an old question, and the answer depends very much from the level of volatility.
At present, is too unstable to be used as a normal currency, it would be extremely complicated to keep accounting.
So it's mainly an asset. But with more stability, and more general accepting, of course it could become a standard currency.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 04:29:00 PM
I think Crypto is a digital currency or it's a amount that can hold your investment.
Activity: 108
March 03, 2018, 04:24:46 PM
Crypto is an asset that can be a currency, because crypto coins can be of high value and the amount is also limited. People use it like how they use gold and other precious metals. but if crypto requires internet access in its transaction.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
March 03, 2018, 04:19:31 PM
Crypto is a all in one digital money. You may have Crypto as an asset if it is idle and transact if in need. The initial stage of all things would be narrow but when days passed everything would be broaden.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
March 03, 2018, 04:12:00 PM
Honestly nowadays only criminals using crypto as currency...others just looking for profit and saving/selling/buying cryptoccurencies like an asset.
Well not all of them, I guess some people still enjoys the advantage of cryptocurrecies in which you can make an efficient and fast transactions world wide. Not all wallets keep you anonymous now a days. But most of the people use cryptocurrencies to earn because there are a lot of ways how to earn it, either through mining or trading or joining campaigns.
Yeah people are using bitcoin for multipurpose, some are using as a transaction of money from one place to the other and some are using bitcoin as an asset, having bitcoin is the aim of the say so no matter how you use it. I use bitcoin and I am using it as a saving for my future, bitcoin has a lot of way to make money and to store for the long time, saving bitcoin will increase your money and will give you high profit for your future and at some places you can buy everything with bitcoin whatever you need.
Activity: 156
March 03, 2018, 12:32:18 PM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
To be honest not all cryptocurrency are digital currency 3/4 of crypto actually don’t have real use and was just created because people want to make money and this is the hard truth about crypto. That’s why there are alot of people who have negative view in crypto because the community is not using the coin for its purpose and just want to earn money.

I agree that crypto is a digital currency that has a function equivalent to a real currency but not with legality that is currently still not official. but along with its advancement now crypto is more likely as a high value business assets, such as for investment and trade.
Activity: 273
Merit: 100
March 03, 2018, 12:31:53 PM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
For me, there is no need to argue of which crypto was really on because better think of it that cryptos are really that flexible to think that it can already possess the characteristics of being a currency and at the same time being an asset since crypto lies on the modern technology, the possibility for that thing to happen that crypto be a currency and an asset can really be possible nowadays. It is a currency in a way that we can use it for payments and an asset because we can evenly use it for investments that has the great potential to grow and be more beneficial in price.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
March 03, 2018, 12:30:54 PM
Crptocurrency may be used as an asset or as a currency. The name cryptocurrency has currency on its name so it can be used as currency because there are a lot of platforms here in the cryptocurrency industry that has their own coin and with their own coin, that means they have their own mode of payments which requires their currency to be used. Crypto can also be used as an asset that needs to be utilized thru the use of investing and other ways to let your money work and earn by itself.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
March 03, 2018, 12:28:35 PM
I think it's more accurate to say an asset because until now no country has acknowledged as a currency, in all bitcoin trading sites and altcoin is said to be a digital asset and I've never seen cryptocurrency as a currency.
Activity: 504
Merit: 107
March 03, 2018, 12:27:45 PM

What is your opinion?
It is true if you use the crypto for daily use. But not all of the country is allowed to use them "freely" in their region. They only use crypto to buy let's say the tokens on ICO, and yet it is same as an investment which is buying and holding, right?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
March 03, 2018, 12:19:15 PM

What is your opinion?
To be honest not all cryptocurrency are digital currency 3/4 of crypto actually don’t have real use and was just created because people want to make money and this is the hard truth about crypto. That’s why there are alot of people who have negative view in crypto because the community is not using the coin for its purpose and just want to earn money.
Actually crypto is both an asset and a currency.People use crypto as both of them.People hold their crypto for future price rise.This is the property of an asset like gold.People also hold gold for the future and wait till the price rise.People also use their crypto as a currency.They do their transactions through cryptos.They also store their money as cryptos.This is because it is easy to store and and you can any amount of money in the form of cryptocurrencies.
that's right, basically crypto is Currency, but crypto for me completely is an asset, since I rarely use the crypto as currency or as payment. because I prefer to keep the money in the form of crypto because its value will keep increasing.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
March 03, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

What is your opinion?
Actually crypto is both an asset and a currency.People use crypto as both of them.People hold their crypto for future price rise.This is the property of an asset like gold.People also hold gold for the future and wait till the price rise.People also use their crypto as a currency.They do their transactions through cryptos.They also store their money as cryptos.This is because it is easy to store and and you can any amount of money in the form of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
March 03, 2018, 12:06:35 PM

What is your opinion?

This is really confusing. As Techopedia explained here, Cryptocurrency and Virtual currencies are just categories of Digital currencies meaning you are saying it wrong, you must say it as not all digital currency are crypto currency since the other category is Virtual currency.

And if you will think of it, bitcoin is not really created for a real use also so are you saying that bitcoin is just created so people can earn money to it's volatility? you are using the wrong term. It is not actually "don't have real use" but it is a scam project,
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
March 03, 2018, 11:46:27 AM

What is your opinion?
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 03, 2018, 11:32:49 AM
It can be both since Bitcoin is cryptocurreny are technically digital currencies. Assets are things tbat has a chance to increase in terms of the value that is profitable and it happens that cryptos are. So from with that, I think cryptos are indeed a currency and asset at the same time. But since cryptos are not yet legal to most of the currencies, it is mostly used as an asset or investment.
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
March 03, 2018, 11:27:09 AM
From the face of it, You seems right that holding on to Cryptos especially Bitcoin might disallows these coins in serving the purpose for which they are created, but its not like that in all regards when it comes to trading them in the real sense of it. The reason is that as some are being sold/dumped, some others are being purchased at the same time, which brings the idea to real fear or proportionate trading. Bitcoin is however an asset like, since it can actually be stored for future outstanding values. The spotted difference is that when a Assets are stored, depreciation physically and in values set in, while appreciation unfold when Bitcoin are stored for future purposes.
Activity: 364
Merit: 267
March 03, 2018, 11:13:49 AM
Honestly nowadays only criminals using crypto as currency...others just looking for profit and saving/selling/buying cryptoccurencies like an asset.
Well not all of them, I guess some people still enjoys the advantage of cryptocurrecies in which you can make an efficient and fast transactions world wide. Not all wallets keep you anonymous now a days. But most of the people use cryptocurrencies to earn because there are a lot of ways how to earn it, either through mining or trading or joining campaigns.
Activity: 64
March 03, 2018, 10:58:12 AM
I think it's a new type of asset that can also be used as a currency once fungability gripes are eased. I think this is the reason regulators are having such a difficult time with cryptocurrency because it has aspects of both in one. I'm not sure how regulation will play out my guess is they will regulate them as if they were an asset
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
March 03, 2018, 10:47:06 AM
Bitcoin should be a currency, but in these days, with so high volatility, it's pratically impossible to use it in this way: accountants would get crazy! Smiley
So, it's just an asset, and a very volatile one.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
March 03, 2018, 07:16:34 AM
Cypto is a currency created for the purpose of making transactions fast, safe, secure and especially not affected by the economy, but only influenced by the law of supply and demand. So it can be considered a kind of property. So keep the property and sell when the price is absolutely normal. however when it was object oriented, the transaction may be the same as you say.
It may take time or years before it will consider as an asset, it is alright regardless of how people treat this what matters is we can use it as a currency and can pay our bills thru this, and it is also important rather than that is that we are thankful that bitcoin is not banned in our country.
Bitcoins are currency rather than an asset. I am extremely agreed with your statement that it will take much time like centuries for bitcoins to be declared as an asset. Just like silver and gold are assets because they have suffered much in their ancient times and they evolutionary changed themselves and now, proudly we can call them assets. Likewise, bitcoins have a long journey to go on.
Pages:
Jump to: