Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 7. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1
March 08, 2018, 11:31:57 AM
Cypto is a currency that you can also consider as a valuable asset since some coins are limited in supply and also high in value like btc. As the price continue to soar higher it is great that you consider your holdings as an asset that you can possibly use in the future. Don't be confuse on that because at the end what important is you make money using that crypto currency.
Agree in your perspective. BTC is considered as the high value of crypto currency. Having more crypto will be a great asset in the future.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 11:24:59 AM
I think crypto is a currency and also a pure asset. Because of the structural change of banks on deposit insurance premiums for bankruptcy risk was reduced significantly. Many people have targeted bitcoin as a deposit option for their assets and money. Therefore, the bitcoin value will accelerate very quickly when the market returns to orbit.

Well, the way I see it, it depends entirely on the crypto currency. The reason why I have said this is because clearly, every single crypto currency out there is not the same with the other, or should I say, has different purposes that the developers made them for having different ideologies and concepts. Which is why we cannot say for sure unless we are talking about a specific coin or crypto currency. Not because it is in the crypto world and can be called as crypto currency it will serve as a currency. just saying,
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
March 08, 2018, 09:21:07 AM
For me a crypto can be considered a asset and also a currency in other way. I can say that it can be an asset because just like an asset crypto can be keep for the future. And i can say also that crypto is a currency because you can use it for your daily expenses just like a currency.
Crypto currency is a currency that  is why it is called currency. In terms it was designed to ease payment by  means P2P transaction where in to avoid  transaction payment charging, but because people realize that  it is also an asset  because the value continue  to pump up. Because of  that it becomes a currency and assist.

Activity: 966
Merit: 102
March 08, 2018, 09:17:47 AM
Bitcoin is a fortune rather than a foreign currency. Actually bitcoin is a payment protocol and not many countries recognize bitcoin as a currency. They can not ban people from trading bitcoin because that is their need.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Blockchain with a Purpose
March 08, 2018, 09:04:19 AM
For me a crypto can be considered a asset and also a currency in other way. I can say that it can be an asset because just like an asset crypto can be keep for the future. And i can say also that crypto is a currency because you can use it for your daily expenses just like a currency.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
March 08, 2018, 08:23:31 AM
Honestly nowadays only criminals using crypto as currency...others just looking for profit and saving/selling/buying cryptoccurencies like an asset.
Well not all of them, I guess some people still enjoys the advantage of cryptocurrecies in which you can make an efficient and fast transactions world wide. Not all wallets keep you anonymous now a days. But most of the people use cryptocurrencies to earn because there are a lot of ways how to earn it, either through mining or trading or joining campaigns.
Yeah people are using bitcoin for multipurpose, some are using as a transaction of money from one place to the other and some are using bitcoin as an asset, having bitcoin is the aim of the say so no matter how you use it. I use bitcoin and I am using it as a saving for my future, bitcoin has a lot of way to make money and to store for the long time, saving bitcoin will increase your money and will give you high profit for your future and at some places you can buy everything with bitcoin whatever you need.
Bitcoin aren't match yet to be used / considered as an asset , too much speculation in it . Where Bitcoin as currency imho it's a perfect form of money , especially for global business purpose , I always believe that this invention gonna be as big as internet nowadays.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 08, 2018, 08:10:29 AM
I think it is clearly both. Increasingly more high-profile businesses are already accepting or considering accepting payment in bitcoin.
It really depends on the way someone will make use of it. Oroginally, it was made to be a just a digital currency, and it still is a digital currency up to now. However, many people have used the special characteristic of cryptocurrencies as an investment due to it's potential to grow, thus leading to more profit.
Yes, for me cryptocurrency is both asset and currency because we can also use cryptocurrency to pay bills or used it to transaction accept any payments as well. But some said that cryptocurrency is a digital asset like bitcoin, they say bitcoin is more an asset than a currency.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
March 08, 2018, 07:35:39 AM
People using bitcoin only as an asset nowadays and it's a pity. Hashing power race and many other things associated with mining making cryptocurrencies being asset.
I agree with you. People are treating bitcoin as an asset because they know that transacting with it or using it as a currency is so hard since the fees are expensive and it is better to just hold it as an investment rather than use it. Bitcoin has a potential in the future that it can reach new all time highs and make a history as a pioneer of digital money.
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
Back from the Dead!
March 08, 2018, 04:48:33 AM
I would go for currency. I see crypto as really a away that could unite the entire world under one currency, for faster, easier, anonymous transactions, anywhere, anytime, across the borders, 24*7. Also, seeing that there are many ways to earn bitcoins online, it has helped quite a few people to get their livelihood, who used to not earn any living. So, I guess the simplicity of it as a currency is very appreciable.

But it also has many shortcomings, for example, the basic two things that is required to use bitcoin, namely internet, and education, is not available in all parts of the world, thus marring many people's opportunities to earn bitcoin. So unless there is some way to remedy that, it cannot be treated as a "world currency", like some other people have thought about it till now.
Activity: 144
March 08, 2018, 03:34:16 AM
I think it is clearly both. Increasingly more high-profile businesses are already accepting or considering accepting payment in bitcoin.
It really depends on the way someone will make use of it. Oroginally, it was made to be a just a digital currency, and it still is a digital currency up to now. However, many people have used the special characteristic of cryptocurrencies as an investment due to it's potential to grow, thus leading to more profit.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 03:40:43 AM
Activity: 31
March 06, 2018, 03:37:33 AM
You are right. but as the days passed the mining techniques help develop the idea of using it as assests
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
March 05, 2018, 02:14:16 PM
I think it's a new type of asset that can also be used as a currency once fungability gripes are eased. I think this is the reason regulators are having such a difficult time with cryptocurrency because it has aspects of both in one. I'm not sure how regulation will play out my guess is they will regulate them as if they were an asset
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
March 05, 2018, 01:50:17 PM
People using bitcoin only as an asset nowadays and it's a pity. Hashing power race and many other things associated with mining making cryptocurrencies being asset.
Activity: 132
March 05, 2018, 01:31:50 PM
I think crypto is a currency and also a pure asset. Because of the structural change of banks on deposit insurance premiums for bankruptcy risk was reduced significantly. Many people have targeted bitcoin as a deposit option for their assets and money. Therefore, the bitcoin value will accelerate very quickly when the market returns to orbit.
Activity: 308
March 05, 2018, 01:30:38 PM
Bitcoin is becoming the best asset of recent times. Exiting for future Bitcoin, because at this moment its market price continues to rise. Bitcoin is the only currency that can help you in the future and in the future, if you keep Bitcoin for the future, it can help you in the future and if you want to use it for your daily expanse you can use it because Bitcoin is the marketable currency.
Activity: 149
Merit: 12
March 05, 2018, 01:30:03 PM
I think it's a new type of asset that can also be used as a currency once fungability gripes are eased. I think this is the reason regulators are having such a difficult time with cryptocurrency because it has aspects of both in one. I'm not sure how regulation will play out my guess is they will regulate them as if they were an asset
In my opinion it is an asset at the same time it is also a currency, an asset in a way you can use it for investment to secure your family's future but this one can crashed anytime yet the potential price of this coin is unlimited. thus it is also a currency because we can use this coin to buy something in online shop, use to pay monthly bills in other words you can use this coin for transaction in any merchants that accepts the same coin.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
March 05, 2018, 01:29:05 PM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
its a currency because we can use it to pay transactions or billings,and now some services accept bitcoin as payments.and in US accepted as tax payments..but its asset too,since i m saving some of mine for future of my family
Activity: 280
March 05, 2018, 01:19:38 PM
All confirmed transactions from the start of a cryptocurrency’s creation are stored in a public ledger. The identities of the coin owners are encrypted, and the system uses other cryptographic techniques to ensure the legitimacy of record keeping. The ledger ensures that corresponding “digital wallets” can calculate an accurate spendable balance. Also, new transactions can be checked to ensure that each transaction uses only coins currently owned by the spender. Bitcoin calls this public ledger a “transaction block chain.”
Activity: 154
March 05, 2018, 12:59:07 PM
It's a strange question: it can be both, and this depends from what you use it for.
Actually, any asset can be used as currency, and viceversa, so I don't understand the question.
Pages:
Jump to: