Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 33. (Read 3385 times)

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1348
November 19, 2017, 09:25:53 AM
In accounting cash/currency is actually considered an asset.
Bitcoin is an asset in the sense that it has value and a currency as it is a recognised and accepted form of payment. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.
Activity: 980
Merit: 509
November 19, 2017, 09:24:09 AM
Crypto is mean like currency, but have a benefit like asset.
Bitcoin some of country can use for transactions, like amazon, kinerja pay etc. Transactions online more faster.
Bitcoin is great asset for the future.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 110
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 19, 2017, 09:20:00 AM
It is both an asset and a currency, when you say asset it has value and bitcoins and other altcoins have value even for a penny. And when you say currency it is a system use in general as for bitcoin and other altcoins, its has not yet been widely use but still being used by people around the globe for buying things and services. So basically it has value and being used as a medium of exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
November 19, 2017, 09:12:17 AM
Crypto-currencies are made to be an asset worth a value making it a currency. Some countries like Japan are taking it as its de facto use, a currency, but in most places it is an asset, thus tax-free, and that is awesome.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 19, 2017, 09:07:34 AM
They can be classified as an asset or as an currency,bitcoins is made for online stuffs which doesnt aim to be a mainstream payment at all,so for me in that way bitcoins is just an asset,but now bitcoins is being spend and being accepted everywhere so for me now bitcoins is now a currency
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
November 19, 2017, 09:06:20 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
The main fucntion of Bitcoin or idea of it is a digital currency but it just happened that the market value of Bitcoin is continuously increasing with a high rate making it a good investment or asset which value is growing as time is passing by as well as the profit. So basically and technically, Bitcoin is in between a currency and an asset.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Bountie- Do You Have Game?
November 19, 2017, 08:54:56 AM
The idea of crypto is to erase borders dividing asset from money and from contract Cheesy

Crypto is both a asset like a Gold and currency like a FIAT.
i.e you can use the bitcoin yo inverse your money and use it as an asset and you can use the bitcoin as a currency by selling and buying with the bitcoin as a money transfer.Now amazon accepted bitcoin as a currency.It will be accepted by all in future.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
November 19, 2017, 08:47:02 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
I believe that crypto is seen as an asset rather than it's intended use, which is to be used as a currency. People buying and holding it to gain profit is a good enough reason to say that bitcoin is an asset. People use it just like how they use gold and other precious metals. The only difference is that cryptos require internet and is easier to transfer when compared to them. Even if that is the case, some people use it like how it is intended to be.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 19, 2017, 08:27:11 AM
in some contexts the terms can be used interchangeably but a crypto-asset is more suitable for tokens that represents an actual asset e.g. real estate, ownership in hardware, etc.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
November 19, 2017, 08:01:19 AM
The idea of crypto is to erase borders dividing asset from money and from contract Cheesy
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
November 19, 2017, 07:54:00 AM
Cypto is a currency that you can also consider as a valuable asset since some coins are limited in supply and also high in value like btc. As the price continue to soar higher it is great that you consider your holdings as an asset that you can possibly use in the future. Don't be confuse on that because at the end what important is you make money using that crypto currency.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
November 19, 2017, 07:44:08 AM

What is your opinion?
Pages:
Jump to: