Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 131. (Read 632672 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
The cold autumn day sets over the Royal Palace and surroundings. It is as if the whole center of the town were emptied to give the King quality time with family - not only the King's Park is empty and windy, but even the Central Square is less crowded than usual, busy, but quiet.

But in the new boroughs, in the research and development departments, work is continuing unabated, if not intensified. Rumors about great developments are circulated.

Happy real-anniversary Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Happy 1 year Birthday for Crypto KingdomSmiley
And many more to follow.

From the Marchioness of Neverland
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1750
Facts are more efficient than fud
A simple design for a memorial chapel. The window layout should center light onto the one being honored and mourned for a few hours on a clear day--though rain pattering on glass should be a comforting effect on the mourner as well. I started with a taller design (which looks incredible) but wanted to keep the room simple and without columns or structural support to distract the eye. Feel free to use or upgrade.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDmmaUtFszIJrsa-xNzhZsENTF6nmZ599tq2Pc4VpGo/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 212
Queen comes to visit the Town

This has not happened ever in the history of the Kingdom. The Queen has lived with family in a faraway city and King has occasionally visited them. Now as we are in the new platform, characters such as the Prince of Soul have access to personally interact with the others, and the Queen has also expressed interest, other than being sad that husband spends his most productive 200 years in a remote and primitive place with mostly guys.

In the short term, this visit will mean that the King takes time for family, including James Daniel, 8. The visit will take 2-3 years.

The following arrangements have been made:

1. HH of NF (djjacket) has been given the unchanged password list, so he will be the last choice if your "transfer agent" has not done the job.

2. HH of NF has been nominated Mayor. As such, he is responsible for all Town actions and storytelling.

3. Marquess of White Cross (noms) is the Development Coordinator, and in this role ensures that already specified features come online, and coordinates their testing and prioritization.

Enjoy your time away with the Queen HM, a well deserved break from the 'affairs of state', CK will be in very good hands with The Duke of North Face and The Marquess of White Cross while you're away!
donator
Do you have any estimates about the demographic data of the players?

I am wondering if a early 1990s style game would mainly appeal to people who are older than most people inside the cryptocurrency world.

This older group may be smaller (within crypto) but it is also likely wealthier on average than the younger generation.

Average and median age of players is close to 35. The weathiest nobles tend to be 40-60 mostly.

Afaik, most of cryptos are also owned by older guys, not those in <30s.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Do you have any estimates about the demographic data of the players?

I am wondering if a early 1990s style game would mainly appeal to people who are older than most people inside the cryptocurrency world.

This older group may be smaller (within crypto) but it is also likely wealthier on average than the younger generation.
donator
Queen comes to visit the Town

This has not happened ever in the history of the Kingdom. The Queen has lived with family in a faraway city and King has occasionally visited them. Now as we are in the new platform, characters such as the Prince of Soul have access to personally interact with the others, and the Queen has also expressed interest, other than being sad that husband spends his most productive 200 years in a remote and primitive place with mostly guys.

In the short term, this visit will mean that the King takes time for family, including James Daniel, 8. The visit will take 2-3 years.

The following arrangements have been made:

1. HH of NF (djjacket) has been given the unchanged password list, so he will be the last choice if your "transfer agent" has not done the job.

2. HH of NF has been nominated Mayor. As such, he is responsible for all Town actions and storytelling.

3. Marquess of White Cross (noms) is the Development Coordinator, and in this role ensures that already specified features come online, and coordinates their testing and prioritization.
Activity: 260
Merit: 105
A Lingering Ghost
My communication goes offline now. If I write something, they are long and far-reaching plans about the future, or very short announcements that you have to be able to understand.

Cheers! Thanks once again for making all this possible, I can imagine these latest days and weeks being super hectic. Even from a players' perspective (that comes outside of the community) it feels like a magnificent million building blocks moving into place bit by bit.

It's already looking really great, and as you can notice from the enthusiasm of the people around here, there's great promise of a thriving community!

donator
The Town Council just made a decision to designate the current environment in cryptokingdom.me TEST. This means that the changes in item balances, including money, will be erased and data in this table rolled back to the situation right after migration (it is essentially the same as still shown in GoogleDB /F_OWN, but changing that will nevertheless no more change the balance as it is a separate source).

I think this sounds very reasonable, although it does make testing a bit less motivating as it's not permanent. But I just got myself a brand new, fancy red suit now then Smiley

It was not a light decision, for the reason of communication: There is no way to get the word out to people. Going back from having the Items masterdata displayed, does not of course really cause the testing to go up, but more likely causes a collapse in testing, in organization, general interest, etc.

After dedicated the last 2 weeks of my life to be 24/7 CK camp, this time slot is now ending. I will be able to allocate only about 2 hours daily. That is not much considering how many things I am involved with in game. I have distributed the work to others, then later on will again be time slots with full steam. The already contracted Ultima project is <50% done, and the game is just one year old, cf. 25 years of Civilization.

The decision to do the migration when important components were not functioning perfectly, was mine. The goal was to get more actual playing activity to the game, and those could iron out both the bugs and the UI, and get several important features out that could relieve the communication bottleneck (me).

I don't usually fall victim to democracy, this game is kind of designed to avoid it Grin Now you all (including Syksy, PJ, and the councillors) have your chance to prove that the designation of "testing environment" causes the testing and development to retain their high levels, and all the various kinds of players retain their rekindled interest. I had predicted collapse in many of the above, this did not prevent the vote going against me in the Town Council. (The alternative I had proposed to retain player interest, keep the game playable, have the markets going on, detect (and repair) bugs quicker, not lose confidence which would happen if rollback,  would have been to fix the results of erroneous trades, and fix the algorithms that produce them.)

My communication goes offline now. If I write something, they are long and far-reaching plans about the future, or very short announcements that you have to be able to understand.
A Lingering Ghost
The Town Council just made a decision to designate the current environment in cryptokingdom.me TEST. This means that the changes in item balances, including money, will be erased and data in this table rolled back to the situation right after migration (it is essentially the same as still shown in GoogleDB /F_OWN, but changing that will nevertheless no more change the balance as it is a separate source).

I think this sounds very reasonable, although it does make testing a bit less motivating as it's not permanent. But I just got myself a brand new, fancy red suit now then Smiley
donator
until they get all the bugs etc. out.

The development of the game was really started only about 70 days ago, so it is very limited with features and even they are buggy at present.

Despite the designation, data in all other tables will be kept (unless bugs entice us to make the same decision as above).

So feel free to play around and become owner of the luxurious things you would not otherwise be! Smiley

New players will be let in once these issues are fixed + a few days, so very possibly next week.

In the beginning, there is very little to do for new players, but having them (/ you!) enables us to develop content for new players also.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Is there a demo we can download or some screenshots or something?

One of the existing players posted this screenshot in #monero, hope that helps:

Also, I think registering is currently closed for new players until they get all the bugs etc. out.
A Lingering Ghost

The game is currently at https://cryptokingdom.me/
but I think it's currently in semi-closed beta (rpietila knows); you can explore around in anonymous mode but I don't think the registration is open yet.
donator
Do the rules for a HAW apply to non-ancient Barons too?

Haw rules are:

- No tax from buildings
- You cannot sell your haw without special permission

Haws have been received as noble bonuses throughout the game. The last opportunity to receive haws was in 2-N where land in your possession already, was declared a haw if you did not have one. The next opportunity will be in Versailles, which is sought (by the owner, King) to become an important center.

There is intentional unclarity and "offers-that-expire" regarding haws. They are used as prizes. They are never given originally to non-nobles but may end up in their possession.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Facts are more efficient than fud
Do the rules for a HAW apply to non-ancient Barons too?
Activity: 126

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Wine prices keep going up, while nobody selling a significant amount...I miss the glorious days where you could buy most wines for under 100k!

donator
The feature of the day has been new listing of best bid and best ask directly in the list view. This can now be compared to listing of eg. altcoins in the exchanges, with the difference that we have 2,000+ listed items, not only a few dozen.

Theme of the day has been killing a certain bug, but now it's been killed for a few hours. It has caused some wrong results in the DB but they will be corrected after-the-fact, without (likely) any service break.

It is OK and advisable to enter the system now, change the password, and make trades.

The ones who have not yet got your account, but would like, your account will be sent to you promptly. All transfer agents are instructed to proceed with sending the accounts now. (This was delayed due to these 2 bugs).

And please tell us about what you have done in the new system! Smiley

donator
Coinshop has listed gold to sell. There is currently 2,500 CKG for grabs. (We are also buying gold of course, current prices are 700/650).

It needs to be found, and is not very intuitive:
- Other Gold Items
- Item "HM02B100"

The other items containing gold are temporarily illiquid, sorry for that. The devside needs to balance the dynamic order placement with several other things at present. If you need to sell smaller amount of gold in other items, my intention is to buy all at the "bid" (currently, 650,000 m/CKG) but I don't have an efficient way to do it because my time needs to be divided to many concerns as well. Try to find another buyer for the gold in this situation, and conduct the trade via the exchange.
Jump to: