Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 189. (Read 632671 times)

Activity: 323
Merit: 250
So, how and where does one start playing this game? I can find a lot of info about it, but not the game itself.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
The following are officially recognized Squares for bonus points in grading. Other places do not receive the benefit regardless if they are called "squares":

Old Town
Central Square
d'Armagnac Square
Jousting Ground
Culture Square
Village Square

New City
TIE Square
Square in 2-W

Culture & Science
Area in front of PoC&S
Boulevard in 2-W
donator
The following Buildings/places are Most Cultured / Cultured / Beautiful, for bonus CUL points and desirability to the owner, and better views for the one who sees them from the window:

Old Town

Most Cultured
The Royal Palace
The Obelisk
The Grand Hotel

Cultured
Notre Dame d'Armagnac
The Town Hall incl Annex
The Noble Palace
The Citadel
The 100 Jubilee Theatre
The Jousting Ground
Villa Rotonda School of Economics
The Town Palace of the Duke of New Liberty
The Town Palace of the Prince of North Face
The Marquess of Arda School for Nobles
The Nature Reserve of The Two Springs

Beautiful
Residences in Earl's Street-King's Park area in 1-N-Bx and Jx
King's Park
The Monero House
Episcopal Palace
The University Main Building
The Military Sciences Department
The Priory House Hotel
Church Offices Building incl Pious Order
The Prince of OZ Town Palace
The Marquess of Arda Town Palace
The Marquess of Tavastia Town Palace
The Prince of Forte Spagnolo Haw
Violin Museum and Violin Making School
The CryptoMuseum-The Hypothecary Bank-Foreign Ministry Bldg
The Barbican
Arco di Sergiu
The Marquess of Ramsey Tea House
The Marquess of Arda Botanical Gardens
Tsurugajo Art Gallery
Hokusai Art Studio
Asenath Home
El Bulli

New City

Cultured
The House of Magnificence
The Hall of Justice bldg-Stone Village Hotel

Beautiful
The Fluffy Pony Horse Preservation Institute
The New Liberty Courtyard
The New Grand
RWWC HQ & Research
The Clocktower
The Sculpture Garden
The Prince of OZ North African Palace
Triple Towers
CryptoKnight Palace

Culture & Science

Cultured
The Palace of Culture and Science

Beautiful
Hungus Multicomplex
The Portal with Annexes
Army Barracks in 3-C
Palaces in 3-C, 3-E

San Pietro

Cultured
San Pietro

Beautiful
Town Registry in 5-C
Palace in 5-E
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
@Smooth: I don't want to speak for KLONE, but I don't think of it as "reducing risk", but increasing potential. As he said, if XMR suddenly turned to $1000 per, no one would buy into the game, not at current prices. I don't think it's likely for such a game to increase its value relative to XMR. I understand that it's a game, not an investment tool. Still, I'm sure a lot more people are willing to consider it, given a 2-way exchange, from XMR to game currency and back. Again, Entropia Universe does this and has been online for 10 years or more now. Well, I never played it so I can't comment on it much, but I think such a system is worth looking into.

Good points (and KLONE as well).

I have no idea CK assets (any of them) turn into a good investment. You may be right that just holding XMR is better. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Activity: 264
If people could trade & withdraw moneritos somehow then I think the risks I mentioned previously (early adopters not being able to sell their property for a similar XMR value in the future) could be traded to others more easily. That would make things interesting! Earlier on land barons seemed to be buying for almost altruistic reasons to save XMR from the doom that was around in Sept/Oct. That's really cool but XMR looks strong now.

Why would you want to reduce risks for earlier adopters? The whole point of being an early adopter is to take risks, potentially rewarding risks, but not necessarily.

I think the longer term CK property prices (in XMR) are likely to go down for reasons already mentioned, so the early adopters are taking a double dose of risk (XMR into CK property), and likely rewards might be less than just leaving XMR in a wallet for later sale. I think if moneritos could be withdrawn and traded in some way, then people can buy and sell CK real estate knowing they can withdraw into the 'real world' if they need to, and that will attract more players/buyers, and so spread the early adopter risk among more people. At the moment I see the early adopters as benefactors almost, because 1000 XMR in a wallet will probably have a higher value than a CK property bought now for 1000 XMR. The upside for CKG is really good, but property I'm less certain off. I could be completely wrong, and maybe CK property will have extra utility that isn't obvious to me yet.
Activity: 322
Is there ANY vague timeline of when the game will go online? For example, in a month? 3 months? half a year? a year?

Of these, "a month" is certainly closest.

I will have to design the online game, and concurrently, some data will be converted (such as the Buildings thingy).

Then the Tech Devs know exactly how to tailor the DB and make the links and scripts.

Then some testing and we are good to go.

In the days of yore, we had the idea of starting small and fixing bugs + adding features as we go. Now all eyes are turned on us so that we cannot so easily launch an unfinished product, so the process takes a little longer.
I really didn't want to seem like I'm trying to "rush" the development process, I am not. It should take as long as the devs and you think it needs to take. I just wanted a vague timeline so that I can kind of prepare on my end, whether it's understanding the game rules better, or filling up on BTC/XMR etc.

@Smooth: I don't want to speak for KLONE, but I don't think of it as "reducing risk", but increasing potential. As he said, if XMR suddenly turned to $1000 per, no one would buy into the game, not at current prices. I don't think it's likely for such a game to increase its value relative to XMR. I understand that it's a game, not an investment tool. Still, I'm sure a lot more people are willing to consider it, given a 2-way exchange, from XMR to game currency and back. Again, Entropia Universe does this and has been online for 10 years or more now. Well, I never played it so I can't comment on it much, but I think such a system is worth looking into.

At the risk of looking like a no good greedy pig, I am also going to suggest a signature campaign, for example, giving 10 or 5 stones per post or something like that, or offering incentives to have people mention this game in their blogs/websites, have an ad banner or whatever. Maybe titles like "The Preacher" for people who invite 10 players to the game. Just tiny incentives so that it doesn't devalue the current inventory in game, but at the same time will help spread the word about the game at a low cost.
legendary
If people could trade & withdraw moneritos somehow then I think the risks I mentioned previously (early adopters not being able to sell their property for a similar XMR value in the future) could be traded to others more easily. That would make things interesting! Earlier on land barons seemed to be buying for almost altruistic reasons to save XMR from the doom that was around in Sept/Oct. That's really cool but XMR looks strong now.

Why would you want to reduce risks for earlier adopters? The whole point of being an early adopter is to take risks, potentially rewarding risks, but not necessarily.

The one way direction for XMR (in but not out) does give CK a certain "black hole" quality. CKG being two directional with the outside world does make it *very* valuable. Lots of really interesting parameters at play here!!

Yes it will be interesting to see how it all turns out!
donator
Is there ANY vague timeline of when the game will go online? For example, in a month? 3 months? half a year? a year?

Of these, "a month" is certainly closest.

I will have to design the online game, and concurrently, some data will be converted (such as the Buildings thingy).

Then the Tech Devs know exactly how to tailor the DB and make the links and scripts.

Then some testing and we are good to go.

In the days of yore, we had the idea of starting small and fixing bugs + adding features as we go. Now all eyes are turned on us so that we cannot so easily launch an unfinished product, so the process takes a little longer.

I think the estimate is in weeks now.
KLONE brought up a very good point, which is my concern as well. I would be much more comfortable if we can exchange ckg/whatever other currency in game as xmr at some constant exchange rate, and simply have the game charging a % tax for resources imported from foreign lands (i.e, people using their xmr to join CK)

A bit of confusion perhaps? The in-game currency is moneritos which is purchased with XMR at a constant 1 000 000 : 1 exchange rate. CKG (aka gold) is not the currency but is an asset (like land, etc.). CKG also has the special role of collecting dividends from the town/game profit. CKG has a floating exchange rate, but moneritos do not.

The one way direction for XMR (in but not out) does give CK a certain "black hole" quality. CKG being two directional with the outside world does make it *very* valuable. Lots of really interesting parameters at play here!!
Nevermind, it is difficult to fully grasp everything involved in just a few days. It may or may not have been easier if I was here from the start and followed through all the developments.

donator
Implementing the buildings in the new format is going at a rate of ~2000 sqm/hour, or 7-8 minutes per building. I have started with the interesting buildings.

What it means is that at the current speed, it'll take 50 hours to do it, and then draw/add the Lot-specific pixel images as well for roughly an equivalent amount of work. It's about expected.

I believe to have tested the format sufficiently so that others can start adding/converting the buildings and I can do the final ones that are hard for others to do. This will save up my time for design.
legendary
KLONE brought up a very good point, which is my concern as well. I would be much more comfortable if we can exchange ckg/whatever other currency in game as xmr at some constant exchange rate, and simply have the game charging a % tax for resources imported from foreign lands (i.e, people using their xmr to join CK)

A bit of confusion perhaps? The in-game currency is moneritos which is purchased with XMR at a constant 1 000 000 : 1 exchange rate. CKG (aka gold) is not the currency but is an asset (like land, etc.). CKG also has the special role of collecting dividends from the town/game profit. CKG has a floating exchange rate, but moneritos do not.

Very interesting thread! I have a CK speculation question which I'll post here for want of a better thread.

Some properties (land and buildings) have cost significant amounts (~1000 XMR) or more. If XMR one day was to equal ~1000 USD each, then the equivalent 'value' of such a property inside CK would be 1,000,000 USD to the owner. That's OK for the early adopter who bought XMR when it was going cheap, but what about new comers? Who's going to pay the equivalent of 1M USD for a primo virtual game property in a few years time if XMR explodes in price?

There is no guarantee that prices of in game assets denominated in Monero wouldn't decline in Monero if Monero went up (though also no guarantee the other way). You see this happens sometimes when BTC goes up a lot some of the alts drop at the same time. They are just maintaining closer to constant value relative to fiat.

Also, bear in mind that land in the game is unlimited. Even if (huge if) central land goes up enormously in value, there will still be plenty of land for new players to buy and enjoy at reasonable prices farther out. New towns can be developed, etc. There is no risk of anyone being shut out of the game due to land prices going up.

I think a realistic opportunity to own land without a huge fiat cost is a key requirement for viral adoption, so it's good to hear that land is unlimited. I think it's good for game play to have a realistic distribution of wealth and land, and what's happening so far is realistic of medieval society, and if new towns start then I can see opportunities for second and later waves of interest. There is a tension between rewarding early adopters on the one hand for starting things, and giving later players the "damn, I missed out on the lucrative early times" feeling. I'd say at this stage the thing CK needs most is a web version and a "gold rush" mentality for 100s & 1000s of new players.
legendary
Very interesting thread! I have a CK speculation question which I'll post here for want of a better thread.

Some properties (land and buildings) have cost significant amounts (~1000 XMR) or more. If XMR one day was to equal ~1000 USD each, then the equivalent 'value' of such a property inside CK would be 1,000,000 USD to the owner. That's OK for the early adopter who bought XMR when it was going cheap, but what about new comers? Who's going to pay the equivalent of 1M USD for a primo virtual game property in a few years time if XMR explodes in price?

There is no guarantee that prices of in game assets denominated in Monero wouldn't decline in Monero if Monero went up (though also no guarantee the other way). You see this happens sometimes when BTC goes up a lot some of the alts drop at the same time. They are just maintaining closer to constant value relative to fiat.

Also, bear in mind that land in the game is unlimited. Even if (huge if) central land goes up enormously in value, there will still be plenty of land for new players to buy and enjoy at reasonable prices farther out. New towns can be developed, etc. There is no risk of anyone being shut out of the game due to land prices going up.

Maybe early adopters will try and keep CK property prices reasonable to spread adoption, but that means 1 XMR inside CK has a lower expected future value today than 1 XMR outside CK in a wallet somewhere. Does anyone expect many new players will pay 1000 XMR to buy a primo property if/when 1 XMR=1K USD in years to come? I think that is unlikely for all but a few thousand other people who became super rich from crypto. The pool of future potential buyers will be small, so it seems obvious to assume that most new players will be peasants, and early land owners will only ever be able to sell property for an XMR loss (but maybe a nice fiat gain).

If both XMR and CK become popular then the vast majority of future players (above the first few hundred) will not own property, at least not in the ancient boroughs. I'm interested to hear opinions from the early adopters. You need more people to play, but it looks likely that most new players will have to be content with being 'peasants', so what plans are there to attract and keep non land owning players? How will peasant play be made satisfying?

The only alternative to spread land ownership would be a massive drop in CK property prices, (1000 XMR property bought 'now' sells for 1 XMR in a few years time), but that's a big hair cut for early adopters when those same 1000 XMR outside CK might have been worth a cool million USD if sold on an exchange, assuming XMR ever scales the heights btc did at the last peak.

I think the early adopting real estate barons of CK are doing a cool thing, but they're taking a big risk with their XMR too, but I guess they probably know this already. How it all plays out will be good to watch. Great addition to the crypto landscape!
donator
Building attributes are now locked in!

See /BLDG for all that will be there. At first the 30 different fields look daunting but once the data is there (and ~100 buildings have at least started), all the economic subgames and as many others as can be imagined, will be able to be hosted/updated fully automatically, their only inputs being the NPC's and the Building they are situated in.
donator
Registry fee. In connection with the implementation of the new Building Registry, a registry fee of 2 mil per building is levied by the town, payable to the admins doing the work. This will be collected automatically. If due to negligence of the Building owners, Architects, BI, etc (as registered in the City Map DB /Bldg Reg) the collection of the data takes longer than it should, additional fees may be levied on the problematic buildings. To be on the profiting side, please apply to help us in the work! Smiley

I would like to offer my services to help out with the registry fee work if still needed Smiley

Ah shame that I just took 2.5 hours to create all the ancient coins (except the ones to be minted in 2 days) to the database. That would have been a work suitable for you Cheesy Anyway, the coins are now there in the database: /GOLD_COINS tab.

If we stick to the convention that trade in the coins is the trade in the collectible value only (and the balances of the gold stay constant), it is possible to just change the ownership of the coin from this tab. Also gifting only transfers the collectible value, so if a poor person receives lots of gold collectible value, he may not be able to create them all, resulting in a loss.

A note for the collectors:
* 95 different coins exist, and I seem to have the most different ones (but even this number is only 42)!
* the entire mintage of 27 coins is currently in one hands (in none of the cases me!)

Let's see what kind of museums/collections/trade practices will emerge.

Once I get the buildings attributes locked in, hopefully today, then I can gladly utilize you for that as well.

Activity: 327
Registry fee. In connection with the implementation of the new Building Registry, a registry fee of 2 mil per building is levied by the town, payable to the admins doing the work. This will be collected automatically. If due to negligence of the Building owners, Architects, BI, etc (as registered in the City Map DB /Bldg Reg) the collection of the data takes longer than it should, additional fees may be levied on the problematic buildings. To be on the profiting side, please apply to help us in the work! Smiley

I would like to offer my services to help out with the registry fee work if still needed Smiley
Jump to: