Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto replacing fiat? - page 53. (Read 63502 times)

copper member
Activity: 275
Merit: 1
August 04, 2018, 10:31:04 AM
I think, cryptocurrencies will not be able to replace fiat money, fiat is more stable in value and also easy to use as a payment instrument. Fiat will not disappear and can still be used in the future.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data
August 04, 2018, 09:58:37 AM
It is completely nice in terms of payments to make easier just like other convinience stores here in my country. The only effects that a consumer and costumer may encounter is when they have experience some sort of problem like maintainance of the utilities that they use and I think fiat may still exist because of some area that are not reached like some rural area.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
August 04, 2018, 09:55:26 AM
First of all, Crypto is never going to replace fiat, ever.

Second, hypothetically if this happens and Govts. are using crypto as fiat currency, then what is the difference between fiat and crypto. What would happpen with decentralization then?
Activity: 71
August 04, 2018, 09:48:29 AM
It will be quite a very difficult thing for crypto to replace fiat. People still trust the fiat system more than cryptocurrency.
Activity: 193
Merit: 83
August 04, 2018, 09:13:54 AM
Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
I don't have any acquaintance with it will going to happen in light of the fact that their are numerous poor nation that didn't utilize crypto they utilizing fiat as far back as so there are not conceivable outcomes that crypto will supplant fiat since fiat is the first cash.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 04, 2018, 09:07:43 AM
if crypto replaces fiat I don't think there will be a counterfeit money lag, and that needs to be safeguarded only by the security of our wallet, cyrpto has many advantages in fiat but crypto also has shortcomings, as time goes by the lack of crypto will be less than now , and crypto will be better
Activity: 73
August 04, 2018, 08:57:20 AM
Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
it's a good idea, but I think fiat money will still exist. digital money still has a lot of deficiencies and has not been able to meet the needs of all countries, besides being more vulnerable to hacking. the future may change and digital money will master international commerce but I am sure fiat money will continue to exist, because both have their own character and function.
Activity: 235
Merit: 40
August 04, 2018, 08:46:24 AM
I think it will happen eventually, because a need of something physical is no good for today's digital world. People are paying with their smartphones just to not carry cards-fiat etc.

But the problem is, there are lots of cryptocurrencies. There has to be a single coin that will lead them all (bitcoin right now, and hopefully ethereum or something else in the future). If every country have their own currency, what is the difference then? I would like to earn my money in world currency.
Activity: 287
August 04, 2018, 08:32:47 AM
fiat currencies most of the governments are planning to  launch centralized currencies rather than decentralised crypto currencies they are working with their own blockchain
Activity: 171
August 04, 2018, 07:43:30 AM
The goal of crypto is to create usability and efficiency for humans. People can choose crypto or fiat. as long as their use value is appropriate. There are no specific rules in crypto. But I do not think with its characteristic variability. It will not be able to replace fiat.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
August 04, 2018, 07:03:26 AM
In my opinion, crypto will never replace fiat, this is because the state thinks that fiat is more stable than crypto, if crypto is used as a substitute for fiat it can make everyone confused because prices can rise tens of percent per day.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
August 04, 2018, 06:33:49 AM
It is indeed a future to have digital currency in our pocket rather than fiat money. We should be anticipating positively tht one day digital money will reign and fiat will extinct.
I don’t think this is something different you are having in your pocket. Since 2007 or around, when lives of our people start changing with technology, there are changes that became astounding. These changes are hitting us hard and now just see, this world isn’t any more prolonged. Everything is in your pocket and you are enjoying the best so far. This must have to come.
The heyday world of crypto will be starting soon, and I am sure the next few years Bitcoin will be able
to replace the fiat. Now we have to prepare our ability to deal with this current technology money.
Activity: 73
Merit: 2
August 04, 2018, 06:24:18 AM
The first question you all that are claiming crypto is replacing fiat should ask yourselves is what is crypto (Bitcoin) and what was the purpose of which it was made for, and how did Satoshi himself define? He never said it was new currency to take over and replace our main currencies, rather it’s meant for peer-to-peer transactions. My answer to your question is a Capital NO! Bitcoin /crypto is not replacing our fiat.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 505
August 04, 2018, 05:42:47 AM
no, crypto cannot replace fiat because of the function of both. however, crypto cannot or cannot be used for online transactions. and crypto itself cannot yet determine a strong value.
That’s because they weren’t made to have any particular value, right from time they were made to be volatile in nature. But I think you’re making with line where you stated that cryptocurrency can’t be used for any sort of transaction, you’re wrong, it can be used for a transaction anywhere it is accepted, both online and offline.

I have once told my friend to send me Bitcoin instead of real cash and he did. So you shouldn’t say that it can’t be used for transaction. If they can’t be used as a way of making transactions then what’s the need for it?
copper member
Activity: 378
August 04, 2018, 05:30:05 AM
I don't believe fiat will ever be replaced by digital currency. I think BTC will just be a commodity that has a lot of value that can be bought and sold, sort of like holding a stock of a public traded company. I'm also almost 40 which makes me old in this community so I may be a bit close minded.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 586
August 04, 2018, 03:06:32 AM
It is indeed a future to have digital currency in our pocket rather than fiat money. We should be anticipating positively tht one day digital money will reign and fiat will extinct.
I don’t think this is something different you are having in your pocket. Since 2007 or around, when lives of our people start changing with technology, there are changes that became astounding. These changes are hitting us hard and now just see, this world isn’t any more prolonged. Everything is in your pocket and you are enjoying the best so far. This must have to come.
Activity: 87
August 04, 2018, 01:47:58 AM
I don't think it can happen even in future since most of people are still not well aware about bitcoin and on the top day by day the value of bitcoin is now decreasing.
Activity: 318
August 04, 2018, 01:21:18 AM
This can not happen at all under any circumstances. States can not switch to the use of other people's virtual money, which in general will not have any binding to the economy of the country. It's impossible. Such a state simply will not be able to survive normally for several months. This is utterly absurd.

why not? if the government can take benefits from the crypto, they can replace fiat and change it to the crypto. but this will need many things to prepare before the government can replace their fiat to crypto and this will not happen in the short time. there are possibilities for the crypto to replacing fiat and maybe it will happen in the future.
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
August 03, 2018, 03:51:08 PM
This can not happen at all under any circumstances. States can not switch to the use of other people's virtual money, which in general will not have any binding to the economy of the country. It's impossible. Such a state simply will not be able to survive normally for several months. This is utterly absurd.
Activity: 602
Merit: 118
August 03, 2018, 03:40:21 PM

As we know, the banking world hasn't fully touched the lower class, various requirements are considered a bit complicated for prospective customers, for example the location's so difficult to access, the ID's problematic, the queue is full, and some other factors, which I have not mention it.
When viewed from its positive impact, cryptocurrency at its base will represent fiat currencies in general. The first positive impact of the cryptocurrency's that it's capable of being used as a currency, with the level of complexity of increasingly sophisticated cryptographic algorithms, public confidence's also increasingly guaranteed to avoid risks such as counterfeiting. Such trust contributes to the development of a global community that reinforces its position as a currency that is not easily wobbled by the condition of society. Like gold, cryptocurrencies can also suppress the rate of inflation. With cryptocurrencies, any transaction becomes easy anyone can make transactions anytime and anywhere as long as they have an internet connection
Pages:
Jump to: