Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto replacing fiat? - page 54. (Read 63502 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 0
August 03, 2018, 03:25:46 PM
If Crypto completely replaces fiat, it is completely controlled. Then the government will become even easier to control its citizens. We will have to come up with something new for illegal operations and money laundering.
I think that fiat will exist in the future.
Activity: 266
August 03, 2018, 03:11:13 PM
The transition from fiat currencies to fully digital currencies will be very painful. And if there are any extraordinary circumstances. For example, when the dollar collapses and the world economies of the world. Then the dawn of digital currencies is possible.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
August 03, 2018, 02:37:43 PM
I think its gonna be technology dependency.

Since bitcoin could only operate in a computer or a gadget, transacations will be limited. Without electricity or internet there would be no transactions.

Isolated areas were electricity is not a necessity might also be affected as they could have no means to transact.
That will definitely limit the adoption that a technology like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can reach, but at the same time most of the money of the world is concentrated in just a small amount of individuals that will have no problem adopting bitcoin if they think it is the best option for them, and finally that barrier can be overcome in the future when the technology of smartphones gets incredibly cheap and even a poor person can get access to it without making big sacrifices.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
August 03, 2018, 06:31:26 AM
there are several things in cryptocurrency like Bitcoin and Ethereum that make the general public object to using it extensively, let alone to replace the paper money. The level of public confidence in Bitcoin is an important element in assessing the possibility of a digital exchange tool replacing the print money.
Activity: 92
August 03, 2018, 06:25:50 AM
Perhaps the moment when the crypto currency will drive out the Fiat money is not far off. And we live in its vestibule.
Replacing fiat currency is hard but the cryptocurrency is growing and spreading all over the world and will work almost in all the countries in future. However fiat currency will not replace completely by the cryptocurrencies but the systems will change to make stable situations for the use of both because it will be difficult for those people to use cryptocurrencies who do not understand it.
We all know that people are using this paper money since centuries and that they have a blind trust on these currencies. It will no doubt be very much difficult for any of the crypto currency to replace these existing regular currencies and that too this soon. This will take a lot of time and that the support of the government and the interest of the people in investing in these crypto currencies will be the key factors in deciding this thing.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
August 03, 2018, 05:15:34 AM
Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
I personally don't see the opportunities for cryptocurrencies for now to replace existing currencies, so global and that changes are taking so many time, we all are just not ready for that to happen.
Activity: 168
August 03, 2018, 05:12:11 AM
No fiat is still the best currency in the world most of the crypto just need fiat in order for an individual to earn exchanging crypto to fiat. But if that crypto has no fiat exchange that is good for nothing crypto. As we all know that all crypto represented with fiat are good but to those crypto that are not then better not utilize of use that one.
Activity: 126
August 03, 2018, 05:06:52 AM
Never, I believe forever can not crypto replaced fiat, because fiat is too liquid and easy to use, so the replacement of crypto will make many people do not know how to use and can It would cost more to invest in government equipment.
Activity: 24
August 03, 2018, 04:54:04 AM
I think cryptocurrency presents a very real threat to traditional banking systems and currency. But the fact that even after nearly 10 years Bitcoin is being used very little does indicate that either it's going to be something else (digital gold) or otherwise it will be a very long time before it becomes a real everyday currency for a significant number of people.

Personally, I definitely prefer 'being my own bank', but how the average person thinks about the issue, that's what matters in the end for real adoption.
Activity: 96
August 03, 2018, 04:46:36 AM
maybe ten years from now, not earlier
Activity: 174
August 03, 2018, 04:46:14 AM
Thank God its just speculations Grin because it will be difficult for crypto to replace fiat. We do forget about the many shortcomings of cryptocurrencies. Even the owner of the most popular coin is still yet to be known despite the value of that coin and almost a decade old now. Let the fiat leave in its fiat world and the crypto be the alternate form for online businesses.
Activity: 68
August 03, 2018, 04:39:16 AM
It may not be easy for crypto to completely replace fiat. And I also don't think it will be in the best interest of everyone because not everybody has access to the internet or computing devices.
Activity: 390
Merit: 11
August 03, 2018, 04:35:12 AM
when crypto decentralization has replaced fiat centralization, we are more easily transacted and safer. when we visit other countries we do not bring fiat for transactions in the country but enough to bring one type of crypto then we will be able to transact well
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
August 03, 2018, 04:31:26 AM
If fiat is replaced by crypto completely then all types of financing and trading are more effective and efficient because in every transaction we do not need to carry physical forms (fiat) and are safer especially from theft of money or fiat
Activity: 1344
Merit: 103
August 03, 2018, 04:08:24 AM
Its hard to accept crypto as fiat , there are many difference and important uses of this both money. And i think crypto is a partner of fiat and can use and many different online stores . I want this both because its very useful in my country , but we don`t know what happen in next year or decades. Lets see .  Cool
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
August 03, 2018, 03:42:32 AM
Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

Maybe in the future that might happen because we cannot really say what will happen into the next years we can just predict them but not really to know. There are a lot of things that can happen so lets just watch them fall into places and lets dont rush things. May answer is really it depends because maybe when that time comes the government already have their own cryptocurrency
Activity: 197
Merit: 16
August 03, 2018, 03:22:56 AM
To be honest, I find crypto currency awesome especially Bitcoin but I really do not think it will ever replace fiat money. I don't think it will ever happen, every country's government would not allow that to happen, first because cyrpto currency are not regulated, how can they let a decentralized currency be their official and national currency.
Activity: 85
Merit: 2
August 03, 2018, 03:12:55 AM
bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currency if bitcoin are falling then there's no chance of increasing of crypto currencies.Changing the use of fiat can completely destroy the economy also there's no control of bitcoin price it will never happen not even in future
Activity: 526
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
August 03, 2018, 02:55:11 AM
Bitcoin will replace the currency in a few transactions rather than replace it completely, which is my opinion. It will appear as a convenient option for users to pay as well as buy online instead of out of the store. In the digital age as it is now, it will probably happen in a decade or two.
Activity: 70
August 03, 2018, 02:40:24 AM
That is very possible. A lot of governments and legal entities are already talking about that. For now it is just conversations with out certain clarity. But in 5-10 years time that may become reality.
Pages:
Jump to: