Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" Beginners Reference Book - page 2. (Read 42499 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1162
Dogecoin DOGE preview section:

legendary
An update concerning the first 20 sections:

a) What is Cryptocurrency?
b) Why does Cryptocurrency exist?
c) Why are there so many "alt" coins?
d) Is Cryptocurrency money?
e) What is mining?
f) The Blockchain
g) Proof of Work and Proof of Stake
h) The Wallet Client
i) The Block Time
j) The Block Reward
k) What is a Pre-mine?
l) Difficulty Re-targeting
m) Scrypt, SHA-256 and others
n) What is a 51% attack?
o) Community
p) Exchanges
q) Coin Developers
r) Purchasing Cryptocurrency
s) Advertising/Marketing
t) Anonymity

I have now completed six sections.  More updates to follow very soon.
legendary
Still anxiously awaiting to hear how to purchase this publication.

TT

Good things come to those who wait.  Not long until it is completed.  I have booked time off work to complete it. 

pm me if you want to know more please
Activity: 500
Merit: 501
http://digitalcoin.org/
Still anxiously awaiting to hear how to purchase this publication.

TT
legendary
I think u made a page for Anoncoin.
Our total Coun supply is 3.1 instead of 4.2 - We didn't change it, it simply was calculated the wrong way.

greets and keep on going with the book!

good luckk

Yes I noticed that yesterday lol - it has been changed to ~3,103,954 coins
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
I think u made a page for Anoncoin.
Our total Coun supply is 3.1 instead of 4.2 - We didn't change it, it simply was calculated the wrong way.

greets and keep on going with the book!

good luckk
legendary
It has been nearly a week since I posted on this thread.  Latest developments are:

• I have started to print hard copies of the pages.
  • I have started to research publication avenues.
legendary
Nxt NXT preview section:

legendary
Reddcoin RDD preview section:

legendary
These are the sections which need completing:

Feathercoin FTC
Franko FRK
Novacoin NVC
Peercoin PPC
legendary
Litecoin LTC preview section:

legendary
Bitcoin BTC preview section:

legendary
Megacoin preview section:

legendary
Megacoin section has just been completed.

These are the sections which need completing:

Britcoin BRIT
Feathercoin FTC
Franko FRK
Litecoin LTC
Novacoin NVC
Peercoin PPC
legendary
I will be researching and writing about Megacoin tomorrow. After this one, Litecoin.
legendary
TiPS preview section:

legendary
These sections remain to be completed:

Britcoin BRIT
Fedoracoin TIPS
Feathercoin FTC
Franko FRK
Litecoin LTC
Megacoin MEC
Novacoin NVC
Peercoin PPC

This means that after I complete TiPS (Fedoracoin) tonight, only 7 out of the total 41 are left to work on.  This is very encouraging Cheesy

Once all sections are complete, I can expand on the introductory pages before the section pages.  In addition, I will be adding more fact pages at the end of the book.  A lot to look forward to  
legendary
TiPS (Fedoracoin) preview section to be posted tonight.
legendary
This is a nice project. Sent a Digitalcoin donation. Makes sense that you'd post a version with text mostly hidden so that your work won't be copied before it's published.  Please PM me with the final version of the Digitalcoin pages, here or on the Digitalcoin forum, so I can do a final review.

TT

OK thank you.  I am going to go over the pages again within the next two weeks.  I will then discuss the content with you afterwards.

Thank you for your support.  

P.S. Are you aware of any outlets from which I can strongly promote this publication?  

It's so difficult to recoup your investment on things like this. Are you planning on distributing hard copy or electronically? I think you must distribute electronically, so why should I buy it when I know one of my friends will get it and just send me a copy? I think the question is more "what to promote" instead of "where to promote". Where you should promote is on banner adds on sites frequented by crypto enthusiasts. I'd help with a list, but I'm sure you're familiar with dozens. More important is what you're promoting.

It seems that you're creating a one time publication, and you'll sell it when it's done. You should sell it as a subscription, 1year paid in advance, where each month the subscriber gets maybe 4 new pages, and updates to previously published pages. Maybe the whole thing could be one pdf being the cover, intro, background, definitions, etc, then each coin would be a seperate pdf.

This will be an excellent piece of reference material, it will stay current, and will also have historical significance as many of the coins you document disappear. You should stress this.

Finally, I've known about this project for weeks at least, but I have yet to hear how I can order one. you should get an ordering mechanism in place right away.

TT

I will give it some serious thought next month.  Thank you for your constructive comments. 
Activity: 583
Merit: 505
CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev
Nice work, thanks a lot for your effort !
I am a bit disappointed I do not see Riecoin - there is no other such cryptocurrency with CPU only miner available and with proof of work actually proving mathematical hypothesis

Unfortunately it was not chosen back on the 16th of March this year.  The 2nd Edition may include Riecoin Wink
yes, please! I'd order it...
Pages:
Jump to: