Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoNote technical discussion and Chess Challenge - page 17. (Read 96054 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Qg7: 1 vote (XMRpromotions)
Activity: 378
Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Boolberry has chosen to play h5. Now it is time for Team Monero to respond. I will plan to count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

black to move

Team Boolberry (white pieces) vs. Team Monero (black pieces)
Game 2 PGN:
Code:
1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 g6 3.c4 Bg7 4.Nc3 O-O 5.e4 d6 6.Be2 e5 7.d5 a5 8.Bg5 h6 9.Be3 Na6 10.h3 Nh5 11.Qd2 Nf4 12.O-O-O Nxg2 13.Bxh6 Bxh6 14.Qxh6 Qf6 15.Kb1 Nf4 16.Nd2 Nc5 17.h4 a4 18.h5
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
Yes I think I like this play.

h5: 3 votes (GoldTiger69, boolberry, Morecoin)

I like stopping the pawn on a4 so we can try to win it later. I don't see how h5 is going to help us. After 18.h5 Qg7 19.hxg6 fxg6 the f file may help black more than the g file files helps us. The knight on f4 defends g6 well and if we ever trade for the knight on f4 black may be able to capture with exf4 opening the diagonal for the queen. If that happens things will be much better for us if blacks pawn is still on a4 instead of a3.

a3: 1 vote (LucyLovesCrypto)

The way I see it, exchanging Queens benefits us a lot, because we have the attack going on now, so I really don't think black will do Qg7; and if they do, even better for us, because we could exchange Queens and his a3 pawn will be of little use. Once the Queens are gone, we can double our rooks and attack. (That's my opinion, of course).
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
a3: 2 votes (LucyLovesCrypto, tifozi)
Activity: 414
Merit: 251

I like stopping the pawn on a4 so we can try to win it later. I don't see how h5 is going to help us. After 18.h5 Qg7 19.hxg6 fxg6 the f file may help black more than the g file files helps us. The knight on f4 defends g6 well and if we ever trade for the knight on f4 black may be able to capture with exf4 opening the diagonal for the queen. If that happens things will be much better for us if blacks pawn is still on a4 instead of a3.

a3: 1 vote (LucyLovesCrypto)
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader

h5: 1 vote (GoldTiger69)

h5: 2 votes (GoldTiger69, boolberry)
It's now or never! I don't see a3 as a real menace without the dark squares bishop, so h5 will give us a couple of pawns if black decides to exchange Queens.

h5: 1 vote (GoldTiger69)
Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Monero has chosen to play a4. Now it is time for Team Boolberry to respond. We will count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

white to move

Game 2 PGN:
Code:
1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 g6 3.c4 Bg7 4.Nc3 O-O 5.e4 d6 6.Be2 e5 7.d5 a5 8.Bg5 h6 9.Be3 Na6 10.h3 Nh5 11.Qd2 Nf4 12.O-O-O Nxg2 13.Bxh6 Bxh6 14.Qxh6 Qf6 15.Kb1 Nf4 16.Nd2 Nc5 17.h4 a4

Activity: 336
a4: 2 votes (letsplayagame, newb4now)
Qg7: 1 vote (XMRpromotions)

It is tempting to just vote with letsplayagame every time, however that seems to be against the team spirit of this thread. If Boolberry players want to play against letsplayagame there is already another thread for that.

I am now making my voting decisions by looking at the OP first (to avoid being influenced by the votes of others).
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
a4: 2 votes (letsplayagame, newb4now)
Activity: 308
Is there a demand for chess lessons conducted over Skype (not from me) paid for in Monero or Boolberry? If so please state your currency preference(s). Rates would depend on the experience of the instructor and be equivalent to what they currently charge fiat currency customers.

There are already chess instructors who accept bitcoin. If there is enough demand I might introduce some of them to the idea of accepting payment in a Cryptonote based currency.
a4: 1 vote (letsplayagame)
Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Boolberry has chosen to play h4. Now it is time for Team Monero to respond. I will plan to count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

black to move

Game 2 PGN:
Code:
1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 g6 3.c4 Bg7 4.Nc3 O-O 5.e4 d6 6.Be2 e5 7.d5 a5 8.Bg5 h6 9.Be3 Na6 10.h3 Nh5 11.Qd2 Nf4 12.O-O-O Nxg2 13.Bxh6 Bxh6 14.Qxh6 Qf6 15.Kb1 Nf4 16.Nd2 Nc5 17.h4
Bg4: 2 votes (GoldTiger69, LucyLovesCrypto)
h4: 3 votes (Morecoin, boolberry, tifozi)
h4: 2 vote (Morecoin, boolberry)

Bg4 remains ahead by our tiebreaker rule
We need a tie breaking mechanism. For example one can look at the result before the vote that led to the tie and use that instead.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
h4: 1 vote (Morecoin)
Bg4: 1 vote (GoldTiger69)

If 17.h4 Qg7 18.Qg5 f6 Then if we ever play h5 black can close the position with g5. Lets trade our bad bishop.

There was an issue with version 0.9.0, which is now fixed in 0.9.1, where it was creating transactions that are too large for the current block size. (The cause of the problem is the minimum median block size will increase from 20 to 60 KB after the upcoming fork in late March, but this change incorrectly activated too early in the transaction-construction code of the wallet.)

Thank you for explaining that to me. If I had compared those unconfirmed transactions with a batch of randomly selected confirmed transactions I might have recognized the pattern.

Hopefully everyone using 0.9.0 has now upgraded to 0.9.1
Bg4: 1 vote (GoldTiger69)
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Can you also explain why these Monero transactions are stuck? Is the issue somehow related to the mixin? I do not see any old transactions with mixin 1 stuck.

There was an issue with version 0.9.0, which is now fixed in 0.9.1, where it was creating transactions that are too large for the current block size. (The cause of the problem is the minimum median block size will increase from 20 to 60 KB after the upcoming fork in late March, but this change incorrectly activated too early in the transaction-construction code of the wallet.)

The transactions expire from each node's memory pool but they may get re-added if another node retransmits them. This incorrect re-adding is fixed in an upcoming release.

Finally, I think the block explorers continue to display transitions that don't get mined even if they are dropped from the node's pool. The explorers have their own database.

How long does it take before the transactions expire from each node's memory pool? Once unconfirmed transactions expire are they spendable again from the party who initially made the transaction? Is this process automatic or does something need to be done to make the coins reappear in the senders wallet?

Normally 24 hours. If the transaction was mined but then removed by a reorg, it will stay for 30 days. As far as recovering, there is a rescan_spent command recently added, or the alternative is to recover the wallet from seed/keys, which will also do a rescan. It is not currently automatic.

If I understand you correctly the block explorer data is not necessarily evidence of expired transactions being retransmitted. Instead the block explorers may simply be displaying a database of unconfirmed transactions that is not updated upon expiration.

I have seen evidence of that in the past but I really don't know for sure what they do now.
Pages:
Jump to: