Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoNote technical discussion and Chess Challenge - page 19. (Read 96054 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 501
Nxe2 is hardly a threat. I'd like to open up that file regardless of what captures our f pawn. I'm still working on some lines.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
Ng5: 2 votes (boolberry, Morecoin)
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
We need to prevent the threat of Nxe2 and Qxf3

Ng5: 1 vote (boolberry)
Sorry @boolberry, posted just a few minutes before our deadline as the move seem to be set.

I was just excited to see @letsplayagame sport an XMR address in his signature  Grin Grin

I don't mind at all! Yes it is nice to see more people support CryptoNote. I might even send him a tip:)
Sorry @boolberry, posted just a few minutes before our deadline as the move seem to be set.

I was just excited to see @letsplayagame sport an XMR address in his signature  Grin Grin
Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Monero has chosen to play Nf4. Now it is time for Team Boolberry to respond. We will count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

white to move

Team Boolberry (white pieces) vs. Team Monero (black pieces)
Game 2 PGN:
Code:
1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 g6 3.c4 Bg7 4.Nc3 O-O 5.e4 d6 6.Be2 e5 7.d5 a5 8.Bg5 h6 9.Be3 Na6 10.h3 Nh5 11.Qd2 Nf4 12.O-O-O Nxg2 13.Bxh6 Bxh6 14.Qxh6 Qf6 15.Kb1 Nf4 
Activity: 308
Nf4: 3 votes (XMRpromotions, mathgal23, letsplayagame)
Qf4: 1 vote (newb4now)
Activity: 150
Merit: 102
Nf4: 2 votes (XMRpromotions, mathgal23)
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Thank you Boolberry for starting this thread and encouraging cooperation not competition among our overlapping communities.

Some people may wonder why I frequently Tweet support for Aeon and Boolberry (helping them request Shapeshift listings, etc). I do not think of them as competitors but as fellow CryptoNote innovators with overlapping communities. The developers of each coin has benefited (either by adopting or deciding to avoid or modify) an innovation of another.  5 years from now if CryptoNote with RingCT is an industry leading standard Monero will surely have achieved great success. Aeon and Boolberry have no chance to cause Monero to fail (if we fail it will be for other reasons) but they can help us test innovative new CryptoNote ideas and build economies of scale for CryptoNote trading and merchant adoption.

Just today Boolberry forwarded me a valuable merchant lead (because Monero has a larger community and may provide more potential customers to this merchant). The work smooth is doing for Aeon will help future Monero development.  Lets continue helping each other to advance CryptoNote to ensure it stays ahead of the competition!

p.s. I still want to win this chess game and think Monero is off to a great start!

Nf4: 1 vote (XMRpromotions)

Completely agree. With all the fighting between different cryptocurrencies it is nice to see people getting along here!

Activity: 336
Thank you Boolberry for starting this thread and encouraging cooperation not competition among our overlapping communities.

Some people may wonder why I frequently Tweet support for Aeon and Boolberry (helping them request Shapeshift listings, etc). I do not think of them as competitors but as fellow CryptoNote innovators with overlapping communities. The developers of each coin has benefited (either by adopting or deciding to avoid or modify) an innovation of another.  5 years from now if CryptoNote with RingCT is an industry leading standard Monero will surely have achieved great success. Aeon and Boolberry have no chance to cause Monero to fail (if we fail it will be for other reasons) but they can help us test innovative new CryptoNote ideas and build economies of scale for CryptoNote trading and merchant adoption.

Just today Boolberry forwarded me a valuable merchant lead (because Monero has a larger community and may provide more potential customers to this merchant). The work smooth is doing for Aeon will help future Monero development.  Lets continue helping each other to advance CryptoNote to ensure it stays ahead of the competition!

p.s. I still want to win this chess game and think Monero is off to a great start!

Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Boolberry has chosen to play Kb1. Now it is time for Team Monero to respond. I will plan to count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

black to move

Game 2 PGN:
Code:
1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 g6 3.c4 Bg7 4.Nc3 O-O 5.e4 d6 6.Be2 e5 7.d5 a5 8.Bg5 h6 9.Be3 Na6 10.h3 Nh5 11.Qd2 Nf4 12.O-O-O Nxg2 13.Bxh6 Bxh6 14.Qxh6 Qf6 15.Kb1
If we do not want to trade Queens we have to prevent Qf4+.

Kb1: 2 votes (boolberry, Morecoin Freeman)
Rdg1: 1 vote (GoldTiger69)

Black can still force a queen trade if they wish with 15.Kb1 Qf4 16.Ng5 Qh4 17.Qxh4 Nxh4.  I prefer this for us over 15.Rdg1 Qf4+ 16.Qxf4 Nxf4 because in the Rdg1 line blacks knight ends up on a much better square.

Kb1: 3 votes (boolberry, Morecoin Freeman, languagehasmeaning)

Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
If we do not want to trade Queens we have to prevent Qf4+.

Kb1: 2 votes (boolberry, Morecoin Freeman)
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
Kb1: 1 vote (boolberry)
Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Monero has chosen to play Qf6. Now it is time for Team Boolberry to respond. I will plan to count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

white to move

Game 2 PGN:
Code:
1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 g6 3.c4 Bg7 4.Nc3 O-O 5.e4 d6 6.Be2 e5 7.d5 a5 8.Bg5 h6 9.Be3 Na6 10.h3 Nh5 11.Qd2 Nf4 12.O-O-O Nxg2 13.Bxh6 Bxh6 14.Qxh6 Qf6
Qf6: 4 votes (mathgal23, letsplayagame, newb4now, XMRpromotions)
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Qf6: 2 votes (mathgal23, letsplayagame)

Qf6: 3 votes (mathgal23, letsplayagame, newb4now)

By trading queens we can stop whites attack before it starts.
Activity: 308
Qf6: 2 votes (mathgal23, letsplayagame)

Activity: 150
Merit: 102
Pages:
Jump to: