Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 115. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
You misunderstood me.
I have on mind that I assume that private keys have cryptopia and (maybe encryted??) hacker.
And this one will be first who can access funds first (owners - not likely due to policy investigation) or hackers (when he decrypt stolen private keys?)

Anyway it is another big lesson - never trust centralised exchange - better support DEXes!
Activity: 365
Merit: 14

I am afraid hacker could steal private keys, not only got access to the wallets, so now it would be hard to stop this proceder - maybe only way would be give access to the rightfull owners (us) prior hacker steal rest of our money - but it seems quite impossible due to policy investigation

I don't think every user has his own private wallets. From what I have seen, when I deposited BTC on my deposit address, they were soon moved elsewhere.

in addition, as we have no private keys, there is not much more we can do compared to cryptopia staff.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

there has been no official refuting from the New Zealand Police - https://www.police.govt.nz/news/search-results/cryptopia - Last satatement from NZ Police was on the 22nd of January 2019.

Not all police communication is via their website.

When an article quotes a specific police officer it is safe to assume that they said it - otherwise it could be considered defamatory or false publication.

Funny how only a couple of days ago xtraelv was debunking stuff.co.nz

Stuff has reported numerous things that are plain stupid.

Now he's relying on their same website to back up his assertion.

They quoted Detective Inspector Greg Murton, of Canterbury police.  Who is known to be in charge of operation crypto.

My personal opinion is that Stuff has been on a fishing expedition.  Because they don't have a clue they make false assertions in the hope that they get a response from someone who corrects them.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
~

Here there is a list of coin stolen  in the Cryptopia exchange hack:
 https://github.com/elementus-io/cryptopia-hack/blob/master/README.md
Not every coins was stolen (at least for now); but the list was last updated 29th while I can see some post about "leaked funds" from 30th January and after

~

I've been keeping a tally via this link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49253290 of the various Crypto coins and tokens being stolen.  Any updates of these figures (verifiable) would be appreciated.

Thank you for the answers Adamvp and Timelord2067! What is going on with this exchange?? The funds are draining from the wallets even after the police sealed everything? They blocked access to regular users, but they left it open for robbers?

Thank you again for informations, I will try to be of help in your thread Timelord2067.

I am afraid hacker could steal private keys, not only got access to the wallets, so now it would be hard to stop this proceder - maybe only way would be give access to the rightfull owners (us) prior hacker steal rest of our money - but it seems quite impossible due to policy investigation
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
The police has already refuted that claim.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/110287959/police-dispute-claims-more-cryptocurrency-taken-from-christchurch-company-cryptopia

Police dispute claims more cryptocurrency taken from Christchurch company Cryptopia

Blockchain analysis company Elementus' CEO Max Galka has written a blog post claiming another $260,000 worth of Ethereum (a type of cryptocurrency) has been transferred from about 17,000 Cryptopia wallets (like a bank account for digital currency) since police began investigating. The transfers allegedly began about 1am on Tuesday.

Detective Inspector Greg Murton, of Canterbury police, said it was "not correct" that more currency had been transferred without authorisation.

there has been no official refuting from the New Zealand Police - https://www.police.govt.nz/news/search-results/cryptopia - Last satatement from NZ Police was on the 22nd of January 2019.

Funny how only a couple of days ago xtraelv was debunking stuff.co.nz

Nothing in the media has been confirmed either way. The Stuff website has been factually incorrect on a number of occasions.

Prior speculation will have no influence on the outcome. The results of the police investigation will establish the facts.

Now he's relying on their same website to back up his assertion.
You will not take anything "with legal or force"...

Mtgox users were finally about to take their refund and now a random company did a billion dollar claim that will probably stop everything again...

according to the police declaration (no more money stolen etc.), i don't believe that honestly. If that's not true, the whole elementus analysis is wrong, so those are not hackers wallets, so we don't have idea of what have been stolen and how much. It can even be better than we think. But, I don't think so.
If the loss was <5M$ I think they had already reopened.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I don't think it's a scam, but our funds are lost. Funds have continued to leak off cryptopia's wallets because they have probably lost the private keys and only the hackers (or better the thieves) can manage those wallets, ironically.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/110287959/police-dispute-claims-more-cryptocurrency-taken-from-christchurch-company-cryptopia

Police dispute claims more cryptocurrency taken from Christchurch company Cryptopia

Blockchain analysis company Elementus' CEO Max Galka has written a blog post claiming another $260,000 worth of Ethereum (a type of cryptocurrency) has been transferred from about 17,000 Cryptopia wallets (like a bank account for digital currency) since police began investigating. The transfers allegedly began about 1am on Tuesday.

Detective Inspector Greg Murton, of Canterbury police, said it was "not correct" that more currency had been transferred without authorisation.

WHAT FUCK YOU SAID LOOK TO YOBIT WHEN ETC HACKED THEY GIVE RECOVER USERS LOSS FROM INSURENCE WHILE CRYPTOPIA EARN MILLION A MONTH FROM FEES WE DIDNT CARE IT'S THEIR MISTAKE NOT USERS MISTAKE + THEIR IDENTITY NOWN IN PUBLIC THEY CAN'T HIDE THEIR ASS WE GONNA TAKE OUR MONEY WITH LEGAL OR FORCE
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
I don't think it's a scam, but our funds are lost. Funds have continued to leak off cryptopia's wallets because they have probably lost the private keys and only the hackers (or better the thieves) can manage those wallets, ironically.

We can only pray the loss has not been catastrophic and they can reopen. The sad thing is that if they propose to give to us a % of the funds, will face legal sues because ppl is greedy and think is better to sue and take nothing in years, than have a sort of "stop loss" and rescue something fast. I'd prefer to take a % fast. I've seen this scheme with bitgrail.

Anyway, things can even be worse: have you heared abous the absurd quadriga FX situation? That has probably been a masterful exit scam, or a thing too stupid to be true

Exchanges play and gain with ppl money, and when they make a mistake, they pay with ppl money. Open an exchange, the job of the future!
Activity: 16
I think cryptopia hack is just a show, they scammed us...  as the element said this hack is very unusual how it's possible that hacker had access to all those wallets? they took our coins and said we are hacked and then they involved police as a cover
Activity: 57
Merit: 10
Lost access to my account on cryptopia and i don't know what happened? is there news?
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
Very well executed exit scam.

I will remember New Zealand with this...
Activity: 194
Another Week have passed and today Monday, Not a single post in all their social media channels.

No latest news from different NZ news outlet.

Cryptopia Discord Staff keep posting memes and joke around while people are waiting for their hard earned money.
I think it is pretty obvious that the longer we are all waiting, the more we are aware we can say goodbye to the money.
They are not giving updates because after few months, some people will simply give up.
We should do some kind of law suite all together
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
cryptsy   maintenance   2015  = scam

btc e      maintenance   2017 =  scam

cryptopia   maintenance  2019 HuhHuhHuhHuh??
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
Another Week have passed and today Monday, Not a single post in all their social media channels.

No latest news from different NZ news outlet.

Cryptopia Discord Staff keep posting memes and joke around while people are waiting for their hard earned money.
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪
~

Here there is a list of coin stolen  in the Cryptopia exchange hack:
Not every coins was stolen (at least for now); but the list was last updated 29th while I can see some post about "leaked funds" from 30th January and after

~

I've been keeping a tally via this link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49253290 of the various Crypto coins and tokens being stolen.  Any updates of these figures (verifiable) would be appreciated.

Thank you for the answers Adamvp and Timelord2067! What is going on with this exchange?? The funds are draining from the wallets even after the police sealed everything? They blocked access to regular users, but they left it open for robbers?

Thank you again for informations, I will try to be of help in your thread Timelord2067.
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
Members lost money
Cryptopia will never return
that is the true

They have to return so people can withdraw the coins they still have on there ..

and then they can disappear.

There are coins stolen after ten days of hacker

the question is

Why not open the site

They allow thieves robbery

They do not allow members to enter and withdraw their money

What are they waiting for?

The case seems to be orchestrated

ye seems to be the case else they would have verified by now what wallets they still have control over.

I just need a SS of my account so I can ask the devs of the coin to refund me after they burn the Cryptopia wallet on their chain.

Their database should be intact or they should have a backup so they can at least give us access.

At least their security was piss poor at worst they just robbed the place themselves.

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Aynone knows what is exactly stolen? It seems that ETH and ERC20 tokens are gone, but are the other coins safe?

I had significant amount of ETH and ERC20 tokens there, but I don't count that I will get them back.

Right now I am interested in other coins, are they safe or they are gone too.

Latest from New Zealand - listen to the podcast:

Police baffled as crypto-currency funds disappear

https://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/morningreport/audio/2018680963/police-baffled-as-crypto-currency-funds-disappear

From Morning Report, 8:44 am today (Monday, 4th February 2019)

Funds are continue to be drained from the New Zealand digital currency exchange Cryptopia more than two weeks after police started investigating. Various cryptocurrencies believed to be worth more than $23 million have been siphoned from the trading exchange since it was first hacked on January 14. But even with scores of police investigators on the case, money is still disappearing, the latest being 260 thousand dollars worth last week. on Tuesday. Max Galker, who runs the cryptocurrency watchdog Elementus, has been monitoring the flow of virtual money from Cryptopia. He told RNZ reporter Matthew Theunissen most hackers aren't caught.

Listen to the radio report: https://podcast.radionz.co.nz/mnr/mnr-20190204-0844-police_baffled_as_crypto-currency_funds_disappear-128.mp3

No official statement from New Zealand Police since the 22nd of January 2019: https://www.police.govt.nz/news/search-results/cryptopia
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
Members lost money
Cryptopia will never return
that is the true

They have to return so people can withdraw the coins they still have on there ..

and then they can disappear.

There are coins stolen after ten days of hacker

the question is

Why not open the site

They allow thieves robbery

They do not allow members to enter and withdraw their money

What are they waiting for?

The case seems to be orchestrated
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Aynone knows what is exactly stolen? It seems that ETH and ERC20 tokens are gone, but are the other coins safe?

I had significant amount of ETH and ERC20 tokens there, but I don't count that I will get them back.

Right now I am interested in other coins, are they safe or they are gone too.

Here there is a list of coin stolen  in the Cryptopia exchange hack:

Elementus only checked the Ethereum blockchain, so that is not to be considered a complete list. There could be other Bitcoin-style coins (including Bitcoin itself) that have been stolen.

"We have not examined the Bitcoin blockchain or other blockchains to see if funds were stolen there as well."
Jump to: