Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 129. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 504
Are we sure that the Ethereum network is secured?
Sure Cryptopia must have had a terrible security, they take forever to even do a simple fork (for example over a month for ARK, one the few top 50 coins they've listed which is forking less than once every year for big updates). I didn't expect them to have top-notch security systems and procedures.

I don't think the hacker has stolen small-cap altcoins, their price would crush on the news of the hack and the hacker would have gone through the trouble for nothing... that is if Cryptopia was transparent enough to announce the name of the hacked blockchain.
Right now we can only guess, and it seems only Ethereum's wallet and its shit-tokens have been stolen. Could it be thanks to FPGAs/ASICs in combination with the reduced interest from individual miners?

I was afraid that the attack on ETC was a test to prepare for a hack to ETH, maybe the hack to Cryptopia is related.
i am pretty sure that other blockchains are also affected..they said significant losses...so...we will see
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Are we sure that the Ethereum network is secured?
Sure Cryptopia must have had a terrible security, they take forever to even do a simple fork (for example over a month for ARK, one the few top 50 coins they've listed which is forking less than once every year for big updates). I didn't expect them to have top-notch security systems and procedures.

I don't think the hacker has stolen small-cap altcoins, their price would crush on the news of the hack and the hacker would have gone through the trouble for nothing... that is if Cryptopia was transparent enough to announce the name of the hacked blockchain.
Right now we can only guess, and it seems only Ethereum's wallet and its shit-tokens have been stolen. Could it be thanks to FPGAs/ASICs in combination with the reduced interest from individual miners?

I was afraid that the attack on ETC was a test to prepare for a hack to ETH, maybe the hack to Cryptopia is related.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
A user named Mark Patterson just offered 211.000 mgo for an over the counter trade in the mobilego telegram community channel. These 211.000 mgo where stolen from cryptopia. Warn your community members if your coin is stolen.
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
%99.9 hacked. I expect at least 10 mil USD worth coins are stolen...

That’s a fucked up thing to say dude! Where’s your fucking proof? These guys know more about crypto than you do about your own clit! Stop with the fucking lies asshole!

There it is my proof idiot...
So according to that address is looks like $11 million worth of ERC20 tokens are stolen. I am wondering whether this was a hot address and not their entire ERC20  balances. Because why didn't they use cold storage since they are ETH tokens and cold storage is very easy to do.

Maybe there will be a haircut like on most exchange hacks in the past, however no idea what % was exactly stolen. Also wondering if they stole any other coins like BTC, LTC , etc.

I'm very afraid that they didn't use much cold storage or none at all
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
So according to that address is looks like $11 million worth of ERC20 tokens are stolen. I am wondering whether this was a hot address and not their entire ERC20  balances. Because why didn't they use cold storage since they are ETH tokens and cold storage is very easy to do.

Maybe there will be a haircut like on most exchange hacks in the past, however no idea what % was exactly stolen. Also wondering if they stole any other coins like BTC, LTC , etc.
Cryptopia is hacked. All coins seem to be stolen and send to this address https://etherscan.io/address/0x9007a0421145b06a0345d55a8c0f0327f62a2224

Coins are moved now in small batches to exchanges so it's 99.9% sure this is the hackers wallet.

The exchange seems to be attacked with a massive influx of feed tokens and at the same time assets got withdrawn from cryptopia wallets.

Sorry for your losses guys. Lets hope people learn to not keep so many coins on exchanges

Can you not mix these types of coins or is the hacker that stupid?
If the exchanged are notified in time, and they care, can't they freeze the accounts and possibly recover some of the lost funds?

He sends it first to another eth address before sending it to an exchange Wink So hard to block quickly and freeze the funds
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
Cryptopia is hacked. All coins seem to be stolen and send to this address https://etherscan.io/address/0x9007a0421145b06a0345d55a8c0f0327f62a2224

Coins are moved now in small batches to exchanges so it's 99.9% sure this is the hackers wallet.

The exchange seems to be attacked with a massive influx of feed tokens and at the same time assets got withdrawn from cryptopia wallets.

Sorry for your losses guys. Lets hope people learn to not keep so many coins on exchanges

Can you not mix these types of coins or is the hacker that stupid?
If the exchanged are notified in time, and they care, can't they freeze the accounts and possibly recover some of the lost funds?

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
From Twitter:

It is a security issue.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Like a btc-e/wex exchanger
Activity: 245
Merit: 100
Cryptopia.co.nz

That’s a fucked up thing to say dude! Where’s your fucking proof? These guys know more about crypto than you do about your own clit! Stop with the fucking lies asshole!
Activity: 779
Merit: 255
if they release some sort of crisis management statement, users will panic and ask what emergency ( (  Huh catastrophe ) is requiring their full attention (for two days now) and prevent access to their site. if they don't issue any statement, users will stay anxious and still panic over their silence and jump to conclusions. so... we don't get any announcements - good pr is not their thing... sadly.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
Well, maybe they just realized that they can't run a decent exchange with all these wallets in maintenance and are taking downtime for that.
Activity: 68
Ok, officially nervous now.
Activity: 779
Merit: 255
unscheduled maintenance. may be a hacking incident and doing an audit, or auditing for etc double spends and other related issues, or preparing for the eth constantinople hard fork...
Activity: 16
I hope it's not... Sad
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
Jump to: