Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 131. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 386
Merit: 101
SCAM EXCHANGE
I will not invest in cryptopia before all my coins are back and all the list I gave, many coins attack like GLD and nany more. Be careful clients from this exchange.
https://coinjournal.net/cryptopia-has-over-100-markets-disabled-charging-fees-for-return/

I totally agree that people need to be careful. Be very careful when choosing to buy coins. It is not just limited to Cryptopia.

Be familiar with the risks involved with cryptocurrency:

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/RiskStatement

Many coins will fail. When Cryptopia delists coins due to failing to meet their listing criteria the end up failing completely.

Be very careful with investing in coins because small coin networks are often targeted by scammers and hackers.

Cryptopia tries to provide some protection by delisting coins that don't meet their minimum criteria. This however does not mean that coins that remain listed by them are completely safe from exploits.

Coins like aurumcoin where the blockchain is exploited, make false claims about being backed by gold,  the blockchain does not move for months and the developers disappear are extremely high risk and will probably fail altogether.

Disclosure: As volunteer moderator I am not staff at Cryptopia. This is personal opinion. I am not authorized to speak on behalf of Cryptopia.
Cryptopia staff do not monitor this thread as it is not an official communications channel. Low quality blockchain coin networks have caused financial losses to me.

Totally disagree,
Cryptopia decide which coins to add it's their responsibility.
Cryptopia will go bankrupt, mark my words.
This is too small exchange to compete major coins, so they add small coins and then getting rid of them, with no refund to customers.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
I will not invest in cryptopia before all my coins are back and all the list I gave, many coins attack like GLD and nany more. Be careful clients from this exchange.
https://coinjournal.net/cryptopia-has-over-100-markets-disabled-charging-fees-for-return/

I totally agree that people need to be careful. Be very careful when choosing to buy coins. It is not just limited to Cryptopia.

Be familiar with the risks involved with cryptocurrency:

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/RiskStatement

Many coins will fail. When Cryptopia delists coins due to failing to meet their listing criteria they often end up failing completely.

Be very careful with investing in coins because small coin networks are often targeted by scammers and hackers.

Cryptopia tries to provide some protection by delisting coins that don't meet their minimum criteria. This however does not mean that coins that remain listed by them are completely safe from exploits.

Coins like aurumcoin where the blockchain is exploited, make false claims about being backed by gold,  the blockchain does not move for months and the developers disappear are extremely high risk and will probably fail altogether.

Disclosure: As volunteer moderator I am not staff at Cryptopia. This is personal opinion. I am not authorized to speak on behalf of Cryptopia.
Cryptopia staff do not monitor this thread as it is not an official communications channel. Low quality blockchain coin networks have caused financial losses to me.
legendary

@xtraelv I do not agree with you at all.
For sample, who is the CEO of Bitcoin? you demand CEO in cryptopia T&A
Please delist Bitcoin from cryptopia...

And here is the proof that many coins were attack on cryptopia:

Nonsense - Show a screenshot in the T&C where it demands that.

BTC is also a base market. One of the premium coins of crypto. Their hashrate make it unlikely to be 51% attacked.

Cryptopia refused to list Ethereum after the ETC / ETH fork for a long time. No coin is exempt.

The link that you have posted does not prove your claim that
More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack, this is not just AU problem.

Coins were delisted after they did a coin review. Coins that did not meet their listing criteria were provided notice of delisting. Some of the coins I assisted in meeting the criteria and the delisting notices for some of those coins were withdrawn.

Most of those coin have not been 51% attacked are being delisted due to other criteria that they fail to meet.

But you are correct in saying that Aurumcoin and many other coins have problems. Those coins have to be removed to maintain user confidence. Coins that cannot secure their blockchain should not remain listed on any exchange.
@xtraelv I don't understand what you mean.
You say that @rossen & @Althor49
Are supposed to give cryptopia 15,750 AU?
1. Why? This is open source, they are probably not the attackers.
2. Why do you think they have so many coins?
3. Why cryptopia don't buy from someone or give BTC compensation?
Even CryptoHub compensate us investors.
More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack, this is not just AU problem. Why should any one of us your victims will ever invest in your cryptopia exchange?
I really don't understand you please explain yourself

1) The coin devs are responsible for their code and exploits that occur on their blockchain.
2) They can fork to return the coins they lost on their blockchain.
3) Cryptopia didn't cause the loss

Cryptohub was hacked which was the responsibility of Crypto hub - it occurred on the Cryptohub servers. - entirely different scenario.
https://twitter.com/cryptohubonline/status/1043163502628798464?lang=en

There are not
More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack,
- please provide proof of your allegation.

If you don't like their terms and conditions you should absolutely not trade on there. Accepting their terms and conditions is required to use their platform.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Terms#1

@xtraelv I do not agree with you at all.
For sample, who is the CEO of Bitcoin? you demand CEO in cryptopia T&A
Please delist Bitcoin from cryptopia...

And here is the proof that many coins were attack on cryptopia:
legendary
More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack, this is not just AU problem. Why should any one of us your victims will ever invest in your cryptopia exchange?

1) The coin devs are responsible for their code and exploits that occur on their blockchain.
2) They can fork to return the coins they lost on their blockchain.
3) Cryptopia didn't cause the loss

Cryptohub was hacked which was the responsibility of Crypto hub - it occurred on the Cryptohub servers. - entirely different scenario.
https://twitter.com/cryptohubonline/status/1043163502628798464?lang=en

There are not
More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack,
- please provide proof of your allegation.

If you don't like their terms and conditions you should absolutely not trade on there. Accepting their terms and conditions is required to use their platform.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Terms#1
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 3197

Have seen it and written to one of our devs and admins !  

Update :

They know it now and working on it !

Update 2 :

They sorted out the issue and look now deeper into it , page is online but in maintenance mode now.

Update 3 :

We are back online ,  Sorry for the inconvenience
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
legendary

Thank you for contacting Cryptopia Support.

As AU has fallen victim to a 51% attack we have determined that the coin no longer meets our standard listing requirements and has been delisted.

All holders of AU were emailed notifying them that withdrawals would be enabled from 02:00:00 AM (UTC) on the 20th of December 2018.
As our users have now withdrawn 100% of the coins remaining in our AU wallet, there would be no advantage to providing further notice of this coin's delisting as withdrawals of AU would not be possible during the notice period.

I am sorry that you were not able to withdraw your coins in time, however there is nothing further we can do to recover these funds.

Kind regards,
Olivia

???Cryptopia Support Huh
"""I am sorry that you were not able to withdraw your coins in time""" Huh? What kind of answer is this? Give me back my money . You allegedly gave 20 hours to withdraw coins? why not 5 hours. Hey citizens and who managed to see the mail? I think it's time to respond to cryptopies. Either customers will prefer decentralization exchanges ...

I sympathize with your plight.

A 51% attack is a blockchain based attack.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/1/51-attack.asp

There is nothing an exchange can do to prevent it other than delist and remove a coin subject to such an attack if the coin devs are unable to secure the chain against future attacks.

The Aurum coin devs have flat out refused to take responsibility for the attack that occurred on their blockchain.

51% attack explained:
https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=91fc54cddbfc2b0052d2ef728a961948

Cryptopia is a peer to peer exchange which means it facilitates the trades between buyer and seller. Cryptopia does not own the coins that are for sale on their site and they are reliant on the blockchain developers to secure their coin networks. Coin balances belong to the buyers and seller on the exchange.

Cryptopia bring back BTC according market value:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/aurumcoin/

The volume of Aurumcoin on coinmarketcap in my opinion is likely to be fake volume aimed to trick potential buyers. Those coins may not even exist - is potential fake bot volume or volume generated by the same buyer and seller to give the impression that the coin is not dead. From 29/10/18 till 23/12/18 the blockchain did not move.

https://www.coinexchange.io/news/post/64/

The Aurumcoin wallet has been in maintenance for months and the blockchain hasn't  moved for 2 months. So the trading that occurred on Coinexchange.io during that time was soley with the exchange ledger balance and most likely fake.
Activity: 199
Merit: 0
Why cryptopia close all 51% attack coins on their website with no refund BTC to customers?
(Because Term and conditions allow you to fu*k your customers? many different coins)
Don't invest on cryptopia exchange they will close the markets and will not refund you!

Thank you for contacting Cryptopia Support.

As AU has fallen victim to a 51% attack we have determined that the coin no longer meets our standard listing requirements and has been delisted.

All holders of AU were emailed notifying them that withdrawals would be enabled from 02:00:00 AM (UTC) on the 20th of December 2018.
As our users have now withdrawn 100% of the coins remaining in our AU wallet, there would be no advantage to providing further notice of this coin's delisting as withdrawals of AU would not be possible during the notice period.

I am sorry that you were not able to withdraw your coins in time, however there is nothing further we can do to recover these funds.

Kind regards,
Olivia

???Cryptopia Support Huh
"""I am sorry that you were not able to withdraw your coins in time""" Huh? What kind of answer is this? Give me back my money . You allegedly gave 20 hours to withdraw coins? why not 5 hours. Hey citizens and who managed to see the mail? I think it's time to respond to cryptopies. Either customers will prefer decentralization exchanges ...

Activity: 199

yeah just a cryptopia  does not support this btc wallet
try another exchange
Activity: 1257
Merit: 501
Who faced this

Activity: 594
Merit: 253
Cryptopia site is looking better and cooler now. It's been a while since I stopped trading due to the falling market. Now I can feel most top coins especially bitcoin are ready for the big bounce.
Activity: 328
Merit: 27
Fix XCA wallet pls. Its annoying really, esp while Stex XCA wallet works fine.
legendary
OPQ airdrop has been completed.

PRL is being delisted - make sure to withdraw PRL before 17 January 2019

Activity: 5
I recently received my tokens, no harm done!! Thanks alot cryptopia.
When Aurum coin (AU) Market is back?
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=AU_BTC
When can I withdraw my AU coins?

More than a month...

It won't be back. The aurumcoin blockchain got exploited with a 51% attack. The aurumcoin devs have disappeared. There is no working block explorer and the blockchain appears dead. It will get delisted.
That's great news I want all my AU coins back or 1 BTC for every AU coin

Every holder of coins blockchains that have been exploited by a 51% attack due to the blockchain being insecure have been emailed with instructions to the email that they registered with.
All the new SHA256 shitcoins cryptopia adds exposed to 51% attack. Why cryptopia adds new coins before solving over 100 markets that are paused. I want all my coins back or full compensation.
aurumcoin.com published this on their official group:
AurumCoin:
Rossen Karpuzov from cointech.net and Matthias Israel from aurumcoin-au.com

They developed and published the AurumCoin(AU) wallet.

Matthias phone: http://debutech.de:8181/impressum

Domaininhaber
Matthias Israel
Eichhoernchenweg 2
57462 Olpe

Kontakt
Telefon: +49 (0) 175 - 50 43 22 8 | KEIN SUPPORT / NO SUPPORT
E-Mail: [email protected]
Inhaltlich Verantwortlicher gemäß § 10 Absatz 3 MDStV:

Matthias Israel
Nickname: Althor49
Kontakt: [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/matthias.israel.1

https://www.facebook.com/karpuzov

https://github.com/aurumcoin-au/Aurumcoin-AU

Rossen telegram user: @BitcoinFifty

Please contact the developers for help

You need to download the software according to your hardware.

https://www.aurumcoin-au.com/impressum.html

Any tech questions should be forwarded to the developers
Activity: 5

Yes I agree it’s a big change for the platform and the system. But not to be rude, cryptopia needs to gets more employees. Or at least find a easier system that the member can solve some issues by themselves. Like reprocessing and cancel the transaction. It’s a win win situation.

Saves a lot of tickets and time too...

I am still not screaming around that they are scams or frauds.

Been waiting for about 12 days now, my tpay transaction is still processing. But people get worried when money is involved. Have checked the coin info and the wallet seems steady.

I hope they will cancel it soon or fix the issue.

Regard Stefan.

Knowing a little bit about how their system works I can explain the process.

When a transaction in stuck in processing it cannot be instantly cancelled. It could be that it is due to an internal process that it has failed but it could also be that it has been broadcast to the coin network and not received a response. Allowing unchecked cancelling could result in a double spend.

While one of the admins can answer the ticket and queue the issue - it is one of the wallet devs that needs to solve the issue. Due to Cryptopia being careful with wallet security (private keys & the ability to override transactions have to be kept secure) such actions are limited to just a few of their staff.

The following quote was an explanation that was on their forum before the forum was closed down:

Pending : Means the withdrawal is in the queue to be processed and sent by the system.  No ticket is needed.

Processing : When the withdrawal is actually being sent, if the withdrawal remains here for longer than 1 hour, it will mean the automatic processing of you withdrawal has failed for some reason and requires manual intervention/reprocessing by staff.  You should open a ticket.

Complete : Means your withdrawal has been broadcast to the coins network and is waiting to be included in a new block.  You will see a TxID which you can find on a block explorer for the coin AFTER it has been included in a block.  Some block explorer may show you the withdrawal before it has confirmations but this will only be possible if its in the mempool of that node.   Some networks may be slow so you should allow at least 48 hours before opening a ticket.

Cancelled : Means the withdrawal was cancelled either by yourself or an admin.

Ahh okey thank you for your answers and taking time. It feels so robotic when they replays with copy paste and then don’t answers the ticket.

So I guess I have to wait even more and be more patient.

I just hope that they solve it in this week because I transferred xxxx tpays..

I hope you understand my rush to.

Regards Stefan
legendary

Yes I agree it’s a big change for the platform and the system. But not to be rude, cryptopia needs to gets more employees. Or at least find a easier system that the member can solve some issues by themselves. Like reprocessing and cancel the transaction. It’s a win win situation.

Saves a lot of tickets and time too...

I am still not screaming around that they are scams or frauds.

Been waiting for about 12 days now, my tpay transaction is still processing. But people get worried when money is involved. Have checked the coin info and the wallet seems steady.

I hope they will cancel it soon or fix the issue.

Regard Stefan.

Knowing a little bit about how their system works I can explain the process.

When a transaction in stuck in processing it cannot be instantly cancelled. It could be that it is due to an internal process that it has failed but it could also be that it has been broadcast to the coin network and not received a response. Allowing unchecked cancelling could result in a double spend.

While one of the admins can answer the ticket and queue the issue - it is one of the wallet devs that needs to solve the issue. Due to Cryptopia being careful with wallet security (private keys & the ability to override transactions have to be kept secure) such actions are limited to just a few of their staff.

The following quote was an explanation that was on their forum before the forum was closed down:

Pending : Means the withdrawal is in the queue to be processed and sent by the system.  No ticket is needed.

Processing : When the withdrawal is actually being sent, if the withdrawal remains here for longer than 1 hour, it will mean the automatic processing of you withdrawal has failed for some reason and requires manual intervention/reprocessing by staff.  You should open a ticket.

Complete : Means your withdrawal has been broadcast to the coins network and is waiting to be included in a new block.  You will see a TxID which you can find on a block explorer for the coin AFTER it has been included in a block.  Some block explorer may show you the withdrawal before it has confirmations but this will only be possible if its in the mempool of that node.   Some networks may be slow so you should allow at least 48 hours before opening a ticket.

Cancelled : Means the withdrawal was cancelled either by yourself or an admin.
Jump to: