Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 80. (Read 173234 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

As is LTC, ETH and any other coins they discover to be affected while processing wallets.

Playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ while reading these comments make this forum 100% better.

big fat
LIE!

They didn't figure out the missing funds for LTC and ETH after having the police in the house for 1 month!
Sure.

Any exchange that does not know how many of BTC and LTC and ETH that they have every hour on the hour is not secure nor professional.
An exchange with "80" employees making the claim that they discovered the missing funds AFTER making an official statement is nonsense and only strengthens the opinion of the bad actor being the exchange house.

The police will make an announcement that BTC and LTC were affected as well in the 9.4% of Total funds, understandably they're busy with the recent mass shooting in Christchurch right now.

See - https://twitter.com/notsofast/status/1108553195175981056

User simply assumed that ONLY ETH/ERC20 had been affected, until Cryptopia secures each wallet they will not know the full extent of the funds affected.

meanwhile BenTheAnonMod is just around cryptopia's physical location, and it took someone from the community to share photos of the premises.

I'm betting cryptopia is going to pull another rabbit out of the hat trick..spewing percentages instead of actual numbers, who the fuck talks like "the foxes ate 10% of my chickens" haha.............you say "foxes ate 10 chickens out of 100".

even the hacker (if there is even one) cannot expose cryptopia if they are lying by declaring the loss as "percentage".

of course the police will make a statement...the cookie crumbs were already laid in front of them hehe
Activity: 70
Merit: 2

As is LTC, ETH and any other coins they discover to be affected while processing wallets.

Playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ while reading these comments make this forum 100% better.

big fat
LIE!

They didn't figure out the missing funds for LTC and ETH after having the police in the house for 1 month!
Sure.

Any exchange that does not know how many of BTC and LTC and ETH that they have every hour on the hour is not secure nor professional.
An exchange with "80" employees making the claim that they discovered the missing funds AFTER making an official statement is nonsense and only strengthens the opinion of the bad actor being the exchange house.

The police will make an announcement that BTC and LTC were affected as well in the 9.4% of Total funds, understandably they're busy with the recent mass shooting in Christchurch right now.

See - https://twitter.com/notsofast/status/1108553195175981056

User simply assumed that ONLY ETH/ERC20 had been affected, until Cryptopia secures each wallet they will not know the full extent of the funds affected.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

big fat
LIE!

Then after the cops leave without an itemized list of missing funds.
BenTheAnonMod and friends spend another month wondering if they should "process" the wallets.
Sure.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

I really hope you're not an official part of Cryptopia. If you are employed by them, you're doing more harm than good. Trolling customers who have lost money is a douchey move.
admitting in an official statement that no more that 9.4% of its funds were hacked and now it wants every customer pay for the exchange mistake with 14.05% of his BTC.
If someone loses 9.4% and takes away from their customers 14%, this from my point of view is a SCAM. I also think that it is Scam, to give financial services without being
economically backed by this type of theft.

It says "total" holdings, which probably includes a bunch of obscure coins with market caps in the four or five figures.

Bit like a shop saying they lost 9.4% of their product in a robbery... that percentage doesn't really convey any useful information, because the value of each product is not equal.

Don't forget ETH holders had a 100% haircut.

These comments just show how you guys are even having to correct each other now... 9.4% of Total funds... 14.04% of BTC is included in the 9.4% of total funds.

Activity: 564
Merit: 19
From the first minute, this was a clear scam. Nobody can make me believe the other way. Shitopia is not nice...
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
admitting in an official statement that no more that 9.4% of its funds were hacked and now it wants every customer pay for the exchange mistake with 14.05% of his BTC.
If someone loses 9.4% and takes away from their customers 14%, this from my point of view is a SCAM. I also think that it is Scam, to give financial services without being

It says "total" holdings, which probably includes a bunch of obscure coins with market caps in the four or five figures.

Bit like a shop saying they lost 9.4% of their product in a robbery... that percentage doesn't really convey any useful information, because the value of each product is not equal.

Don't forget ETH holders had a 100% haircut.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
43% LTC lost
14% BTC lost
why "%" ... goddammit! how many? really? fucking retards can't do basic subtraction anymore?
how many were there? and how many are stolen?
cryptopia is hiding something  Grin

example:
 hacker: i stole 140 BTC so there should be 1000 BTC there (14% lost)   Cheesy
 cryptopia users: 14% haircut from my BTC balance my 10 BTC is now 8.6 BTC  Undecided Cry Cry Cry
 cryptopia pricks: 14% of 3000 BTC is 420 BTC  Cool Cool Cool

cryptopia is pulling some mimblewimble and ring signature shit on users haha

I think that if an exchange has a lack of seriousness and security in safeguarding the values of the customers who relied on it, then for those errors it is hacked,
As soon as I can withdraw my money from there, I will never use that scamchange again. In the end I dont know who is more thief, if the hackers or the exchange,
since they took more money than hackers stole.

legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
Please answer who knows. If the user of cryptopia did not cancel Open Orders on their own, but Open Orders were automatically canceled by cryptopia itself - the situation looks like this: in the Balances section, cryptocurrency is present in open orders, and in the section: "Exchange": there are no Open Orders (they are canceled by exchange, this is understandable), but the same in this section: "Exchange" instead of automatically closed Open Orders - there are no corresponding balances or even at least smaller ones. Will there be later coins relevant Open Orders from the section: "Balances" - also displayed in the section: "Exchange"?

Judging by the price action of LTC at least, there seems to have been trades with old orders which were set on old prices until someones made easy money buying the pre-pump price and then selling in market price.
I calculated about 400 LTC being bought under market price.

I also have to point out the irony in the conversation being that Cryptopia is too slow/taking too long, now they are being accused to moving to quickly?

It's not that they move quickly but that they do amateurish and stupid things.
How can it be hard for them to cancel all open orders? Why do they allow trading but not depositing/withdrawing in the coins they enable?

I cant believe its just stupidity and amateurishness there is way to much going "wrong" from the hack to where we are now it has been one big shit show.

Activity: 952
Merit: 267
Now twitter taken action against the fake profile.  This fake cryptopia's twitter https://twitter.com/Cryptiopia__NZ account is now suspended
How can it be hard for them to cancel all open orders? Why do they allow trading but not depositing/withdrawing in the coins they enable?

So you're advocating Cryptopia closed users orders whether the users wanted it or not?
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Please answer who knows. If the user of cryptopia did not cancel Open Orders on their own, but Open Orders were automatically canceled by cryptopia itself - the situation looks like this: in the Balances section, cryptocurrency is present in open orders, and in the section: "Exchange": there are no Open Orders (they are canceled by exchange, this is understandable), but the same in this section: "Exchange" instead of automatically closed Open Orders - there are no corresponding balances or even at least smaller ones. Will there be later coins relevant Open Orders from the section: "Balances" - also displayed in the section: "Exchange"?

Judging by the price action of LTC at least, there seems to have been trades with old orders which were set on old prices until someones made easy money buying the pre-pump price and then selling in market price.
I calculated about 400 LTC being bought under market price.

I also have to point out the irony in the conversation being that Cryptopia is too slow/taking too long, now they are being accused to moving to quickly?

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
43% LTC lost
14% BTC lost

why "%" ... goddammit! how many? really? fucking retards can't do basic subtraction anymore?

how many were there? and how many are stolen?

cryptopia is hiding something  Grin

example:

hacker: i stole 140 BTC so there should be 1000 BTC there (14% lost)   Cheesy

cryptopia users: 14% haircut from my BTC balance my 10 BTC is now 8.6 BTC  Undecided Cry Cry Cry

cryptopia pricks: 14% of 3000 BTC is 420 BTC  Cool Cool Cool

cryptopia is pulling some mimblewimble and ring signature shit on users haha
Activity: 365
Merit: 14
I am asking myself, what kind of LTC are they trading now. Do they exist? Imagine a balance of 400LTC bought now after the "reopening", and applying an haircut also on those.

If I had a sell order of LTC on 14th january, wasn't it made of LTC later hacked?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
Can you even imagine the backlash, especially on here if Cryptopia had forced users to close their open trades whether they wanted to or not?

Consider both options,

A. They let users close their trades if they want to, other users complain they didn't force cancel all orders whether all users wanted that or not.

B. They force close all orders whether wanted or not, people complain Cryptopia forced them to cancel their orders.

FLAWLESS LOGIC!

Imagine all those irritate customers complaining that they couldn't sell LTC @ $27 when the current market rate is $60.

Also ignore the fact that 1 year ago you'll shut down the LTC and DOGE markets for 3 months, and ... auto canceled all orders.

Flip Flop much?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
The week is about to end and there's still no NEW update about the status of the offline coins. Only the worthless coins are being activated at a time and look's like they don't care about the coins that provide big volumes.

And when hotwallet? when withdrawal?
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
Hmm, for any coins which have taken a haircut, ALL orders in EVERY market for that coin would have to be cancelled, since the customer's adjusted balance no longer supports the order value. I wonder if this happened?
all orders should have been cancelled automatically after 2 months downtime as i wrote before. they didnt do that.
Even though traders were allowed to cancel them manually for a few days, not everyone had time to do it... i guess someone made nice quick&dirty $$$$ from their old quotes

My point is that orders on markets with lost coins are essentially no longer valid.

Say someone had an open order to sell 1 LTC at the time of the hack.
Their LTC balance drops by 57% at the point of haircut.
There's no longer the full 1 LTC in their account to support that 1 LTC sell order.

Yup , they should have just cleared all orders themselves.
Just restarting trading at some point without fixing withdrawls first and not announcing it a couple of days in advance also very shady.
It definitely  leaves one with the feeling customers are getting worked over by creating room for people to make lucky under market value buys like this really leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
Its just a accumulation of small and bigger mistakes that leads one to think they cant just be mistakes.

Can you even imagine the backlash, especially on here if Cryptopia had forced users to close their open trades whether they wanted to or not?

Consider both options,

A. They let users close their trades if they want to, other users complain they didn't force cancel all orders whether all users wanted that or not.

B. They force close all orders whether wanted or not, people complain Cryptopia forced them to cancel their orders.

A. they didn't inform people that where not monitoring their twitter feed 24/7
B. Force closing the orders would be the Only fair thing to do 400 LTC was sold way under market value those people just wanted to lose money and didn't care ?
C. To resume trading without announcing it way in advance  and without canceling all the orders probably borders on the criminal.
D. The last email I got said the site was in Read only nothing about resumed trading why not ? (19/3/2019) care to explain that ?
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
Yup , they should have just cleared all orders themselves.
Just restarting trading at some point without fixing withdrawls first and not announcing it a couple of days in advance also very shady.
It definitely  leaves one with the feeling customers are getting worked over by creating room for people to make lucky under market value buys like this really leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
Its just a accumulation of small and bigger mistakes that leads one to think they cant just be mistakes.

Consider both options,

FYI, I received the update mail on 20th March, which is after trading resumed. Assuming this wasn't a random glitch for my account only, there will be other customers who were not informed in time that they had the option to cancel trades.

I received the mail this morning.

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: