Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 82. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 2
Again, having a laugh at what people called me on here.

You'd also notice that I'm a moderator in https://www.reddit.com/r/Cryptopia/ as well as https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptopiaOfficial/ ....

But hey, just an Anonymous discord mod right Wink
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
"TheAnonMod" was a reference to something someone said in here which I thought was funny.

Resorting to name calling again I see, such quality posts in here....

this is more like it..

Nah I'm just "some anonymous mod on discord"

Rather hear from Cryptopia first when information becomes available than listen to speculation/FUD from users in here.

because I don't just believe all the shit Craptopia is spewing out, both official and unofficial statements here.
"TheAnonMod" was a reference to something someone said in here which I thought was funny.

Resorting to name calling again I see, such quality posts in here....
legendary
What did I say from the beginning? HAIRCUT.   H A I R C U T. The "funny" thing is, my mgo tokens (affected) have not been cut, the BTC (theorically not affected) were cut.
A lot of wallets are still offline, don't rejoice too soon.

FFS Cryptopia are not running away they're facing the problem and solving it pretty damn well so far.
What's the practical difference between running away and not running away and announcing your coins are stolen, tough luck, we've taken what was yours.

As I had a 14% btc haircut, what does this mean? That 100% of ETH are gone? ( In the hypothesis those are not progress percentage but the amount of haircut. ) AND, in that case, how could the whole hack be 10% if the biggest coins are devastated ?
The percentage means the amount stolen or missing. All of your holdings in an affected coin have been reduced with that percent. For ETH, any ETH you had (100%) was removed from your account by Cryptopia.

It's a mystery how they had calculated that low amount, but obviously it's not right. Probably they converted all coins in NZD equivalent. Which is purely theorethical, as you can't practically sell that amount and not influence price. And not taking into account price movement in 2 months. ETH and LTC have increased in fiat 20% and 100%, respectively.

They didn't take what was yours, Users simply assumed only ETH/ERC20 was affected. So far (as other coins are still 'Offline' and haven't been checked yet) BTC and LTC were also affected along with ETH, with possibly other coins as they progress through the wallets.

Even folks accusing me of not losing anything, happy to post a screenshot of exactly what I lost just to shut you up.

Nice to see the Bitcointalk FUD engine back up and running away with crazy theories. Stay classy, folks. What a mess this forum has become.

so the detective/police thingy was just a show..if lost coins are just being discovered and about to be discovered.

NZ police can't do shit, it was/is a home court advantage for these crooks, they know it, the path to these investigations are already laid in front of them and it is a dead end  Wink ...I wouldn't be surprised if the hacker was not caught or the funds not retrieved hehe

cryptsy big vern have to exit scam because he need it all..how much is BTC back then? 300$ more or less hehe...today you just have to buy low or sell high self-hack scam  Cheesy

The serial FUDers coming out in force again, this is why no one takes this forum seriously.

yup specially after the so called "police lock down" was ended and cryptopia team are now able to access the facilities, doing their "securing of wallets" and coins missing are piling up hehe

3 coins so far out of 459... exaggerating too now?

its not the variety of coins it is how many coins were lost and it's value....it can only just be 1 coin (BTC) and all hell breaks loose

Already back tracking, why bother with comments like these. You guys just post crap then back track immediately when called on it, getting boring

didn't just BTC and LTC was added to the ETH hack?

here is a funny thing..

ETH hack 100%,  but why only certain percentage lost to BTC and LTC?? the hacker choose to just take a slice off the pie?  Roll Eyes

Rather hear from Cryptopia first when information becomes available than listen to speculation/FUD from users in here.

you..yourself is a speculation BenTheAnonMod, the unofficial cryptopia prick around here
What did I say from the beginning? HAIRCUT.   H A I R C U T. The "funny" thing is, my mgo tokens (affected) have not been cut, the BTC (theorically not affected) were cut.

FFS Cryptopia are not running away they're facing the problem and solving it pretty damn well so far.
What's the practical difference between running away and not running away and announcing your coins are stolen, tough luck, we've taken what was yours.

As I had a 14% btc haircut, what does this mean? That 100% of ETH are gone? ( In the hypothesis those are not progress percentage but the amount of haircut. ) AND, in that case, how could the whole hack be 10% if the biggest coins are devastated ?
The percentage means the amount stolen or missing. All of your holdings in an affected coin have been reduced with that percent. For ETH, any ETH you had (100%) was removed from your account by Cryptopia.

It's a mystery how they had calculated that low amount, but obviously it's not right. Probably they converted all coins in NZD equivalent. Which is purely theorethical, as you can't practically sell that amount and not influence price. And not taking into account price movement in 2 months. ETH and LTC have increased in fiat 20% and 100%, respectively.

They didn't take what was yours, Users simply assumed only ETH/ERC20 was affected. So far (as other coins are still 'Offline' and haven't been checked yet) BTC and LTC were also affected along with ETH, with possibly other coins as they progress through the wallets.

Even folks accusing me of not losing anything, happy to post a screenshot of exactly what I lost just to shut you up.

Nice to see the Bitcointalk FUD engine back up and running away with crazy theories. Stay classy, folks. What a mess this forum has become.

so the detective/police thingy was just a show..if lost coins are just being discovered and about to be discovered.

NZ police can't do shit, it was/is a home court advantage for these crooks, they know it, the path to these investigations are already laid in front of them and it is a dead end  Wink ...I wouldn't be surprised if the hacker was not caught or the funds not retrieved hehe

cryptsy big vern have to exit scam because he need it all..how much is BTC back then? 300$ more or less hehe...today you just have to buy low or sell high self-hack scam  Cheesy

The serial FUDers coming out in force again, this is why no one takes this forum seriously.

yup specially after the so called "police lock down" was ended and cryptopia team are now able to access the facilities, doing their "securing of wallets" and coins missing are piling up hehe

its not the variety of coins it is how many coins were lost and it's value....it can only just be 1 coin (BTC) and all hell breaks loose

Already back tracking, why bother with comments like these. You guys just post crap then back track immediately when called on it, getting boring

here is a funny thing..

ETH hack 100%,  but why only certain percentage lost to BTC and LTC?? the hacker choose to just take a slice off the pie?  Roll Eyes

legendary

here is a funny thing..

legendary

legendary

legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
I just noticed the status pages for BTC/LTC/ETH actually use the word "haircut"  Shocked

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=LTC

Currency 57% secured, 43% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=BTC

Currency 86% secured, 14% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=ETH

Currency 0% secured, 100% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

They stated they had a MAJOR LOSS OF FUNDS. What did you morons think would happen, that you would get it all back?Huh Time to wake up!!

Most of the shitcoins are untouched, but LTC is hurt bad and ETH is killed off, BTC 14%. So yeah, probably about 10% all in all.
Did they send you an email about recovering the funds? I sent emails several times about leaked data but the support team doesn't respond back to these requests.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

This exchange earns by taking provision in BTC, LTC, DOGE for my trading.

Reimbursement for the lost coins should be made in lost coins, or at least in BTC, LTC, ETH.
I doubt they have such amounts available. You would have to get literally coins from other people's wallets.
Maybe if they had theft insurance, or at least hedged all lost coins asap when they learned the amounts lost. I presume they did none of that.

More feasible would be getting some 'loss marker tokens' for each affected  coin, an option they didnt choose, for some reason.

The right of the clients has ALWAYS bigger priority than the right of the exchange.
not necessarily. Depends on what we agreed in user conditions agreement upon signing up. And on NZ laws.
Activity: 826
Merit: 103
I just noticed the status pages for BTC/LTC/ETH actually use the word "haircut"  Shocked

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=LTC

Currency 57% secured, 43% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=BTC

Currency 86% secured, 14% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=ETH

Currency 0% secured, 100% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

They stated they had a MAJOR LOSS OF FUNDS. What did you morons think would happen, that you would get it all back?Huh Time to wake up!!

Most of the shitcoins are untouched, but LTC is hurt bad and ETH is killed off, BTC 14%. So yeah, probably about 10% all in all.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
So looks like at the end the hack was catastrophic and also cold wallet (if any) coins were stolen.

Yeah, that right there makes you wonder. This (slightly stale) news page implies that at least BTC was protected with a cold wallet (search for "cold storage") : https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News

Possible scenarios I can think of:

0. There was no ETH cold wallet.
1. Cold wallet private keys were stored electronically, and so were accessible remotely by the hacker(s).
2. Cold wallet private keys were stored physically, but were not properly secured, and were accessed by a Cryptopia staff member.
3. For some reason, Cryptopia moved all cold wallet funds to an active hot wallet, at some point prior to the event.
Activity: 87

This exchange earns by taking provision in BTC, LTC, DOGE for my trading.

Reimbursement for the lost coins should be made in lost coins, or at least in BTC, LTC, ETH.

If we were interested in NZD we, most of us, would have NZD, not coins and not tokens.

If exchange is interested in minimizing their losses, at the same way we clients are also interested in minimizing our losses.

The right of the clients has ALWAYS bigger priority than the right of the exchange.

Be careful in your decision of using (trading) "your" CLM cause that might be considered as accepting agreement with the exchange  about reimbursement. That is my opinion, and I don't plan to use assigned me CLM now.

Activity: 365
Merit: 14
So looks like at the end the hack was catastrophic and also cold wallet (if any) coins were stolen.

in this scenario I'd be satisfied to "run away" with 86% of my BTC (I did not have eth or ltc luckily)
Activity: 224
Merit: 24

Pages:
Jump to: